Sziget Festival 2024

#1SzigetFan

Sziget just announced that the festival will take place next year between the 7th and the 12th of August.

Super early bird passes go on sale tomorrow.

🎫
6D Pass: €239
6D 21&U: €179
6D VIP: €459

Edited by #1SzigetFan

Has anyone here been at Sziget this year? Any improvements in comparison with 2022 edition?

Won't even try to guess who'll play it next year, as for now only some metal festivals made their first announcements for 2024 and with Sziget's new direction I really can't see any of those bands there.

11 minutes ago, Mondo-kun said:

Has anyone here been at Sziget this year? Any improvements in comparison with 2022 edition?

Will write more about it in 2023 thread, just quick answer to you: Yes. Things were better, weather was also perfect. And i feel most of us who attended both editions feels the same about it. 

Edit: Interesting that the 2024 is cheaper than it was for 2023

Edited by activean

2 hours ago, #1SzigetFan said:

Sziget just announced that the festival will take place next year between the 7th and the 12th of August.

Super early bird passes go on sale tomorrow.

🎫
6D Pass: €239
6D 21&U: €179
6D VIP: €459

Even for early bird isn't this quite cheap? Swear it started at more than this for 2023 maybe?

1 hour ago, Mondo-kun said:

Won't even try to guess who'll play it next year, as for now only some metal festivals made their first announcements for 2024 and with Sziget's new direction I really can't see any of those bands there.

Yep, definitely improvements have been made 😉

About these prices.. Am I the only one afraid lol .. ? That's a big price drop ! I'm worried about the line up lol...

6 hours ago, dolevshelly said:

250 for early bird this year.

275 the prime ticket

10 euros cheaper with 10% inflation is a pretty large price drop - around 35 euros in real terms

5 hours ago, dolevshelly said:

my first guesses:

Nicky Minaj/Drake

Manskin

Rosalia/Ice Spice

Swedish House Mafia

The killers

One Republic

not saying thats what i want, just guess it's what they want

Maneskin 3 years late and One Republic would sell awfully

Let the line up guessing game begin! Yay!

In general, I think more Hungarians will get key spots, maybe we'll see one Hungarian act on the main stage each day. They had quite okay sized crowds this year and they must be a lot cheaper than foreign artists.

My early, bold prediction is that Azahriah (from Hungary) will get a subheadliner spot on the day of a big popstar.
I still believe that person could be Taylor Swift, but I do know how unlikely that is as she's doing arena gigs only, so, well, wouldn't actually bet on her... but who knows?
Paramore are touring with Taylor Swift, they're in Vienna in August 10 so, again, who knows. 
Blink 182 are releasing a new album this year, Green Day will do the same early next year.
Foo Fighters are touring in Europe the next summer.

1 hour ago, kristofm said:

Let the line up guessing game begin! Yay!

In general, I think more Hungarians will get key spots, maybe we'll see one Hungarian act on the main stage each day. They had quite okay sized crowds this year and they must be a lot cheaper than foreign artists.

My early, bold prediction is that Azahriah (from Hungary) will get a subheadliner spot on the day of a big popstar.
I still believe that person could be Taylor Swift, but I do know how unlikely that is as she's doing arena gigs only, so, well, wouldn't actually bet on her... but who knows?
Paramore are touring with Taylor Swift, they're in Vienna in August 10 so, again, who knows. 
Blink 182 are releasing a new album this year, Green Day will do the same early next year.
Foo Fighters are touring in Europe the next summer.

Foo Fighters in June festivals*

1 hour ago, nico727 said:

My guess is something like this:

Miley Cyrus / Post Malone / Gorillaz / Martin Garrix / Paramore / MÃ¥neskin

I really hope it's Blur instead of Gorillaz if Damon comes. Gorillaz were too many times in the area in the past years.

On 8/16/2023 at 5:27 PM, gfa said:

Even for early bird isn't this quite cheap? Swear it started at more than this for 2023 maybe?

From Hungarian daily news:

"Concerning next year’s event, Kádár said organisers aimed to sell more full festival passes than day tickets".

I guess that is the answer why they lowered the early birds. Full festival visitors are the foundation, they eat and drink inside, visit all stages and sponsor stages and booths, spread all around the island etc. Daily tickets depend way more on the weather, on a single headliner, many are there for one artist and often just go camping to the main stage without spending serious inside. Not a single day was sold out this year so maybe this was an alarm to organizers. 

1 minute ago, jkerr4412 said:

I really see absolutely no reason why Taylor Swift isn't a real possibility.

Apart from that she's the most wanted artist in the world atm, doing *zero* festivals on her tour with a huge production, is selling out multiple stadia dates practically everywhere she goes to at ridiculous prices and she could realistically possibly only do it on the 12th, which is when she's getting all her touring equipment from Vienna to London?

Good luck with that, mate.

1 minute ago, clasher said:

Apart from that she's the most wanted artist in the world atm, doing *zero* festivals on her tour with a huge production, is selling out multiple stadia dates practically everywhere she goes to at ridiculous prices and she could realistically possibly only do it on the 12th, which is when she's getting all her touring equipment from Vienna to London?

I absolutely do not care either way, since she would be such a significant chunk of the budget. She's also almost certainly going to do Glastonbury. Don't really see any issue with the 12th at all either. The week long break between cities isn't necessarily unprecedented, but is defo one of the bigger gaps in the tour. 

26 minutes ago, jkerr4412 said:

I absolutely do not care either way, since she would be such a significant chunk of the budget. She's also almost certainly going to do Glastonbury. Don't really see any issue with the 12th at all either. The week long break between cities isn't necessarily unprecedented, but is defo one of the bigger gaps in the tour. 

She's playing Dublin on all three days of Glastonbury, so a hard no for 2024.

And, on top of all the obvious reasons already mentioned, she won't cut her big 3,5h show to fit onto a festival stage in terms of set length and production.

16 minutes ago, Pastor.Of.Muppets said:

And, on top of all the obvious reasons already mentioned, she won't cut her big 3,5h show to fit onto a festival stage in terms of set length and production.

Ah I hadn't seen the added dates! Fair point 

16 minutes ago, Pastor.Of.Muppets said:

Foo Fighters played a 2.5h set at Sziget in 2018 and as far as I know Prince did the same in 2011!

Taylor Swift isn't "impossible". Same thing for Coldplay or The Weeknd. Only improbable.

As long as the Tour dates of an artist are good, everything is possible for a big festival.

But I'd rather not see this kind of HUGE acts, I can already imagine people at the main stage, "killing" the day and the other artists.

It is very early to guess who might come lol, but considering this 2023 edition only had 420.000 szitizens (450.000 in 2022), + the fact that it will be the 30th anniversary, I think the line up will be better than this year.

13 minutes ago, Newjem said:

It would be a complete nonsense to book someone like Taylor if they want to sell more 6-day tickets than daily tickets.

I completely agree.

If they want to sell more full passes, there's not 1001 solutions : better under acts everyday ! and no needs for HUGE headliners.

18 hours ago, activean said:

From Hungarian daily news:

"Concerning next year’s event, Kádár said organisers aimed to sell more full festival passes than day tickets".

I guess that is the answer why they lowered the early birds. Full festival visitors are the foundation, they eat and drink inside, visit all stages and sponsor stages and booths, spread all around the island etc. Daily tickets depend way more on the weather, on a single headliner, many are there for one artist and often just go camping to the main stage without spending serious inside. Not a single day was sold out this year so maybe this was an alarm to organizers. 

More of a focus on undercard then perhaps

16 hours ago, clasher said:

There are some gaps for fests that she was meant to play in 2020 and cancelled to be fair. Sziget have gone for massive single headliner splurges in the past.

14 hours ago, Newjem said:

It would be a complete nonsense to book someone like Taylor if they want to sell more 6-day tickets than daily tickets.

To some extent I think. Theoretically she'd sell out all her day tickets instantly and her mad army of fans would buy 3/6 day tickets?