Sziget Festival 2024

#1SzigetFan

17 minutes ago, Sokolka18 said:

🙂every year the same story.You are arriving with a refreshed edition of your name consisting "Leaks" in it trying to appear important with the intention of earning reputation points by dropping "hints" which could mean like a dozen (speak any)  bands.Of course guys who are thirsty of any information or "clue" are like to beleive anything.

Its a little bit like Nostradamus,who told "clues" a couple hundred years ago and some people of today read too much into by connecting any story to him by "He was right".

I mean its fun a couple times and maybe you are the type who likes to entertain people by searching validation your way.

I mean anybody has the right to beleive in what he or she want.

At least it entertaining and fun,thats what we can agree on...

You quoted 2 different accounts. 

All clues from leaks turned out to be true last year, we knew headliners and some other names like Moderat before announcements btw. 

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Sokolka18 said:

Oh come on buddy,you again (and again)!

🙂

Every year the same story.You are arriving with a refreshed edition of your name consisting "Leaks" in it trying to appear important with the intention of earning reputation points by dropping "hints" which could mean like a dozen (speak any)  bands.Of course guys who are thirsty of any information or "clue" are like to beleive anything.

Its a little bit like Nostradamus,who told "clues" a couple hundred years ago and some people of today read too much into by connecting any story to him by "He was right".

I mean its fun a couple times and maybe you are the type who likes to entertain people by searching validation your way.

@Sziget2024_Leaks has provided LOTS of very strong, correct hints for the past two or three editions.

You've posted 5 times, the last time being 18 months ago.

Edited by swelsbyuk

11 minutes ago, swelsbyuk said:

@Sziget2024_Leaks has provided LOTS of very strong, correct hints for the past two or three editions.

You've posted 5 times, the last time being 18 months ago.

What were those "very strong" hints which could not mean a couple bands?

I think when some posters tried to figure out the line-up by searching the tour dates and festivals close to the date of Sziget was much more fruitful,and guessed much more bands correctly.

Ive posted 5 times,thats true.

And whats wrong with that? At least im not trying to appear important but i like to read what others think of might be the line-up,a lot of times they were right,just by common sense.

• Downvote 2

If this is really a clue, it's a hard one lol, because sooo many songs refer to "sky" or "clouds" ... !

We have to think "headliner level", so @poelim could be right with Adele "skyfall" and "hello"

First one coming to my mind is Coldplay "sky full of stars", but it's too "far" from the picture I suppose .

24 minutes ago, activean said:

You quoted 2 different accounts. 

All clues from leaks turned out to be true last year, we knew headliners and some other names like Moderat before announcements btw. 

My fault,i just wanted to quote "Szigetleaks".

Thats what im talking about,he threw in "clues" which could mean like -lets say -  5bands,and one of them turned out to be true,but the clue could have been the other 4 bands too.

1 minute ago, Matt86 said:

If this is really a clue, it's a hard one lol, because sooo many songs refer to "sky" or "clouds" ... !

We have to think "headliner level", so @poelim could be right with Adele "skyfall" and "hello"

First one coming to my mind is Coldplay "sky full of stars", but it's too "far" from the picture I suppose .

Coldplay plays in Budapest on the 16th,18th and 19th of June on a stadium tour.

But you are rigth,sky can mean - again- a couple artists.

3 minutes ago, Sokolka18 said:

What were those "very strong" hints which could not mean a couple bands?

I think when some posters tried to figure out the line-up by searching the tour dates and festivals close to the date of Sziget was much more fruitful,and guessed much more bands correctly.

Ive posted 5 times,thats true.

And whats wrong with that? At least im not trying to appear important but i like to read what others think of might be the line-up,a lot of times they were right,just by common sense.

(ok , in 2020 he gave us Kensington, which is the only band I was 100% sure they were coming because I know someone close to them who told me. Since then I know he's not bullshitting us)

End of discussion about it

35 minutes ago, Matt86 said:

(ok , in 2020 he gave us Kensington, which is the only band I was 100% sure they were coming because I know someone close to them who told me. Since then I know he's not bullshitting us)

End of discussion about it

He told the NAME of the band BEFORE the public announcment?A fluke?Thats what counts. really.

Hints can mean lot of things.If we would know the name of all the bands -lets say- before the public announcment.That would be a different story.

Look, im not gonna argue about this,you may beleive what you want,but dont get personally  offended when someone calls out other people for presumed bullshitting.I just dont buy that. for a second.I've been around.

Thats about it.

Btw there was no Sziget in 2020.

Edited by Sokolka18

27 minutes ago, Sokolka18 said:

He told the NAME of the band BEFORE the public announcment?A fluke?Thats what counts. really.

Hints can mean lot of things.If we would know the name of all the bands -lets say- before the public announcment.That would be a different story.

Look, im not gonna argue about this,you may beleive what you want,but dont get personally  offended when someone calls out other people for presumed bullshitting.I just dont buy that. for a second.I've been around.

Thats about it.

but there was a line up. and yep he gave us names. if you've been around here then , you'd knew.

• Upvote 2

40 minutes ago, Sokolka18 said:

Thats about it.

But there was a full line up for 2020, the guy gave us hints and names before they were announced. I personally am so happy he's in here because the guessing game is pretty fun while waiting for the next edition. You can believe whatever you want but let's not put others down because of it. Thanks.

Edited by nitschd
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Matt86 said:

but there was a line up. and yep he gave us names. if you've been around here then , you'd knew.

He also "told"  that Eminem will be on the bill in 2020.In a recent interview with Sziget - Chief Tamás Kádár stated that Sziget was never a question for Eminem.There are a few festivals in Europe which in reality could/have a chance to book Eminem,Sziget is not one of them sadly,(Hint:a festival like Reading and Leeds it is, he told the magazin)

So following your logic this should convince me that he is just bullshitting.(It does anyway)

But lets say Ok, he fluked a name or two and that convinced you 100% that he's the man.

There were a couple guys here who guessed  artists from the line-up correctly just by smartly investigating those tour dates that were around Sziget.And guess what?They did this without adding some mysterious buzzword like "leaks" to their name.No "hints", no bullshitting, just common sense and being smart.

I guess you value them just as much.

Again,you beleive what you want.I use my common sense and experience with people who are legit and who are not.

Leave it at this.

Edited by Sokolka18

55 minutes ago, nitschd said:

But there was a full line up for 2020, the guy gave us hints and names before they were announced. I personally am so happy he's in here because the guessing game is pretty fun while waiting for the next edition. You can believe whatever you want but let's not put others down because of it. Thanks.

Hi there! As i told Matt86, everbody believes what he/she wants.

"because the guessing game is pretty fun"

On this one we agree 100%.

My favourite clue so far was Descartes. It was pretty obviously Billie Eilish ("I think therefore I am"). But Justin Bieber was pretty easy (a picture that ranked first in Google for the term "love yourself"). I think these were pretty obvious ones, especially Descartes. Or when we we got the coordinates for Amsterdam which is again a quite well known hit of Nothing but Thieves. Or when we got the "bad idea" emojis - one of the biggest hit of Girl in Red. And that's just what I remember from last year. If it's good for a tons of bands and artists then why did I guess these? Pure luck, right? Give me a break...

Anyway. This blue skies thingie is a tough one, we should find the exact term in Google that shows this image, or check the filename, that's a good start.

Edit: leaks also told us first about the fact that they're changing the date of the festival.

Edited by kristofm
  • Upvote 4

It seems like the picture is second in Google for "sky". It's not really up there for cloud or clouds. So I think our keyword here is sky. It's there for "blue sky" as well.

Anyone?

My guess is Adele because of Skyfall. Also, it's early days, they probably start booking with headliners, we're probably not starting with subs, and Adele is headliner material.

Edited by kristofm

10 hours ago, Sokolka18 said:

Oh come on buddy,you again (and again)!

🙂

Every year the same story.You are arriving with a refreshed edition of your name consisting "Leaks" in it trying to appear important with the intention of earning reputation points by dropping "hints" which could mean like a dozen (speak any)  bands.Of course guys who are thirsty of any information or "clue" are like to beleive anything.

I have nothing to do with Sziget Leaks but I wish I had haha

12 hours ago, kristofm said:

It seems like the picture is second in Google for "sky". It's not really up there for cloud or clouds. So I think our keyword here is sky. It's there for "blue sky" as well.

Anyone?

My guess is Adele because of Skyfall. Also, it's early days, they probably start booking with headliners, we're probably not starting with subs, and Adele is headliner material.

I don't know for Sziget, but for many festivals, headliners ARE the first being booked actually ^^ sometimes even 1 or 2 years before