Glastonbury Oct/Nov ticket day anxiety levels

Crazyfool01

Glastonbury Oct/ Nov ticket day anxiety levels   

271 members have voted

1. 1. Rate those anxiety levels ........

• Not bothered what will be will be
    • Starting to think about it on occasion
    • I think about it most days
    • I think about it every day
    • panic
    • full on panic and sleepless nights

7 minutes ago, On The Blend said:

Sorry, could someone briefly explain the difference between the two systems?

Old system:  payment made at point of ordering tickets and payment must be successful before tickets are confirmed

System used for last resale:  order process did not require immediate payment, payment was made via a link sent after tickets were secured.  If payment was not made, tickets were cancelled.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, stuie said:

Old system:  payment made at point of ordering tickets and payment must be successful before tickets are confirmed

System used for last resale:  order process did not require immediate payment, payment was made via a link sent after tickets were secured.  If payment was not made, tickets were cancelled.

Not too sure i'm fond of the new system, what happens to the cancelled tickets? Secret re-sales/offered up to lists?

18 minutes ago, iSolaced said:

Not too sure i'm fond of the new system, what happens to the cancelled tickets? Secret re-sales/offered up to lists?

I'm not too sure it will even be in place this year.  We'll have to wait and see. 

23 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

If folk don’t like the new system and think it could adversely affect their chances of getting a ticket then why not contact the festival and let them know of their concerns? 

I'm pretty sure that the decision on which system to use has already been made.  If they've stuck with the pay later version, they'll only change their minds if they end up with a load of tickets left to shift again. 

I'm glad I have my guaranteed route in for next year to be honest. 

51 minutes ago, stuie said:

I'm pretty sure that the decision on which system to use has already been made.  If they've stuck with the pay later version, they'll only change their minds if they end up with a load of tickets left to shift again. 

I'm glad I have my guaranteed route in for next year to be honest. 

Out of curiousity, does the pay later just make it a true lottery as it doesn't overload the servers? So basically it's whoever gets through gets in basically - rather then get stuck at pay screens?

2 minutes ago, iSolaced said:

Out of curiousity, does the pay later just make it a true lottery as it doesn't overload the servers? So basically it's whoever gets through gets in basically - rather then get stuck at pay screens?

I think it was a response to the new payment processing directive and people getting stuck on that and getting kicked out.  The service is much more stable now, so pay later may not even be in place. 

46 minutes ago, iSolaced said:

Yep it undoubtedly is the fairer system but the old system tended to favour the more determined hence why it is favoured on here among the slightly more obsessed Glastonbury goers.

The number of people who change their minds in the hour between securing tickets and getting a payment request will be minimal, I can't see it increasing resale numbers by much, if at all. (If people have doubts after an hour, they'd almost certainly have had doubts before balance day anyway.) 

As somebody who definitely benefitted from somebody else's misery last year, by getting tickets 40 minutes after 'Sold Out' I very much approve of the new system, that situation last year was highly unfair. 

I’m definitely nervous about it but not to my usual high levels. I think because boomtown was so good this year it’s great to have a viable alternative which I enjoy almost as much as glasto and I’m considering doing one abroad next year

that being said glasto still is and always will be my number 1

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Alvoram said:

The number of people who change their minds in the hour between securing tickets and getting a payment request will be minimal, I can't see it increasing resale numbers by much, if at all. (If people have doubts after an hour, they'd almost certainly have had doubts before balance day anyway.) 

As somebody who definitely benefitted from somebody else's misery last year, by getting tickets 40 minutes after 'Sold Out' I very much approve of the new system, that situation last year was highly unfair. 

I have not tried for a while so the new system, if used, will be new to me.

However a system where you can get tickets without having to pay for them there and then invites nosey people who fancy seeing how easy or hard it is to get tickets or who fancy messing the whole system up for 'fun' - and there are people out there that pathetic.
I can't remember where it was but something else used something like this and had hundreds of people buying with no intention of paying - just cos they could.

2 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

I have not tried for a while so the new system, if used, will be new to me.

However a system where you can get tickets without having to pay for them there and then invites nosey people who fancy seeing how easy or hard it is to get tickets or who fancy messing the whole system up for 'fun' - and there are people out there that pathetic.
I can't remember where it was but something else used something like this and had hundreds of people buying with no intention of paying - just cos they could.

I see what you mean, but these people would need to have a registration number and postcode to be able to have such fun! 

5 minutes ago, stuie said:

I see what you mean, but these people would need to have a registration number and postcode to be able to have such fun! 

Easy to do if you want and if you had loads of people at your call it would be very easy to get thousands of registrations set up - if I remember the thing I saw similar on I will post it but it made  a mess of that.

I understand the system for resale where the full amount is due as that means far more security checks than for just deposits due to the size of the sum but cannot personally see it used in the main sales.

15 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

Easy to do if you want and if you had loads of people at your call it would be very easy to get thousands of registrations set up - if I remember the thing I saw similar on I will post it but it made  a mess of that.

I understand the system for resale where the full amount is due as that means far more security checks than for just deposits due to the size of the sum but cannot personally see it used in the main sales.

I think that's 'reaching' a little.

Sure there are idiots out there, but this is a system that can protect thousands of people from the disappointment of getting through fair and square only to miss out due to a technical issue, like last year's fiasco. To write it off fearing that there's some weirdo who can find a thousand like minded weirdo friends to go to all the effort of registering, and then trying on ticket day, just to see if they can, or for the lolz, is a bit out there.

I mean, sure, there are definitely people on the internet who 'would' do that, definitely people weird enough out there. But ultimately it'd make no difference, they'd achieve nothing, those tickets would go to proper fans eventually, (and fairly.) And that's if they even got through, having 100 people trying for tickets lately doesn't guarantee success, as last year's group buying proved! If anybody is sad enough to try that, let them, their time and effort they're wasting. As for the thousands who got through fair and square last year, only to miss out (to people like me, sawwy,) at least they won't have that worry this year!

Edited by Alvoram

1 hour ago, Alvoram said:

I don't think it'll be people changing their minds that leads to cancelled tickets.  Much more likely it'll be people with multiple purchases due to having scores of people trying for them.

7 minutes ago, doogie said:

I don't think it'll be people changing their minds that leads to cancelled tickets.  Much more likely it'll be people with multiple purchases due to having scores of people trying for them.

Can't happen, once reg number is used it won't go through again. 

You still have to do all the reg number steps etc, it's literally just the final payment stage that has changed / maybe is changing