Truck Festival 2024 Festival

Jack01825

at y not last year pigeon detectives got moved up from a headline spot on the 3rd stage to afternoon MainStage spot “due to popularity” and the lead singer went on a rant about how they were too big to be playing 3rd stage (admittedly he did seem to be drunk). Either way I’d be surprised after that if they accepted the same thing at a smaller festival

Edited by Will b

1 hour ago, Will b said:

at y not last year pigeon detectives got moved up from a headline spot on the 3rd stage to afternoon MainStage spot “due to popularity” and the lead singer went on a rant about how they were too big to be playing 3rd stage (admittedly he did seem to be drunk). Either way I’d be surprised after that if they accepted the same thing at a smaller festival

Yup he did, and then they were pretty basic.

21 hours ago, Rusty Spoon said:

I genuinely thought a couple years ago that IDLES would be a lot bigger than a Thursday headliner at Truck by now but evidently not.

I'm not available that weekend but if I was I'd be considering the trip but probably not enough to entice me or make me feel like I'm missing out yet.

Tbf I don't think the Thursday headliner is necessarily the smallest one these days , it's one that will shift a decent amount early entry tickets. 

Blossoms did Thursday at truck in 2022 and the Sunday at y not the same year

1 hour ago, Will b said:

To be fair to them, that tent was tiny. I went to see Dead Pony in there (who were good) and did think it would be awful with a more well known group as the capacity was very small.

2 hours ago, Jacksamthompson said:

NOW we are Efesting. 

Was just about to say and tag Tonyy to update the clashfinder, the hero has just done it infront of my eyes!

+1 for accesibility being an even bigger positive now 🙂

Edited by wackamole

5 minutes ago, wackamole said:

Was just about to say and tag Tonyy to update the clashfinder, the hero has just done it infront of my eyes!

+1 for accesibility being an even bigger positive now 🙂

I can see my Clashfinder is being updated, as my phone is pinging with alerts every few minutes! 😂

make sure the info is credible, we’ve never had the splits and stages this early before 😉😉😉

1 minute ago, Tonybyates said:

I can see my Clashfinder is being updated, as my phone is pinging with alerts every few minutes! 😂

make sure the info is credible, we’ve never had the splits and stages this early before 😉😉😉

Ahh its not the legend himself, ahah true in under 24 hours is unheard of. My groupchat is going crazy!

Good point, its credible because its from the Truck Website... but the exact timings and clashes are tough and definitely a lot of guesswork...

https://truckfestival.com/wp-content/uploads/2024/01/Truck-2024-line-up-audio.m4a

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, wackamole said:

Ahh its not the legend himself, ahah true in under 24 hours is unheard of. My groupchat is going crazy!

Good point, its credible because its from the Truck Website... but the exact timings and clashes are tough and definitely a lot of guesswork...

https://truckfestival.com/wp-content/uploads/2024/01/Truck-2024-line-up-audio.m4a

Looks ok then 👍🏼 I expect there will be shuffles in the slots when the next wave of acts comes down in March, but that’ll be easy enough to edit

the times I’ve set should be pretty close, I’ll probably tweak it right up until the Thursday morning 😝

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Tonybyates said:

Looks ok then 👍🏼 I expect there will be shuffles in the slots when the next wave of acts comes down in March, but that’ll be easy enough to edit

the times I’ve set should be pretty close, I’ll probably tweak it right up until the Thursday morning 😝

King behaviour my friend. I printed out the clashfinder on the Thursday morning last year and even had neighbouring camps ask me what was on when ahahahha

This makes me setlist playlist a little easier to make already! (I often fully remove bands based on your CF, why bother learning words to songs I won't see lol)

Sorry Fat Dog but if you do clash with The Magic Gang's last ever festival show? Then thats an easy choice!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, wackamole said:

King behaviour my friend. I printed out the clashfinder on the Thursday morning last year and even had neighbouring camps ask me what was on when ahahahha

This makes me setlist playlist a little easier to make already! (I often fully remove bands based on your CF, why bother learning words to songs I won't see lol)

Sorry Fat Dog but if you do clash with The Magic Gang's last ever festival show? Then thats an easy choice!

My mates band got a slot via the band app in 2018, and again last year.  
they had a printed out Clashfinder themselves without knowing it was mine 😆

a few years ago the Truck Festival app wouldn’t work, so Truck contacted me and forwarded me all the set times and asked me to put together the Clashfinder for them to officially share instead of the app. 
even better than that, one year a band messaged me to ask what time they were playing 😂

11 minutes ago, FestivalJamie said:

For me the worst line up Truck have had for a long time. The undercard feels very thin and the headliners just don't speak to me at all. For me 2018/2019 were much stronger line-ups and this just doesn't feel very inspiring.

Seems to be a theme with all the Super Struct Festivals.

The pool to choose from must be low or the cash is not there to spend bigger on the acts ? 

3 hours ago, FestivalJamie said:

For me the worst line up Truck have had for a long time. The undercard feels very thin and the headliners just don't speak to me at all. For me 2018/2019 were much stronger line-ups and this just doesn't feel very inspiring.

Shame you aren't a festivaljamie T fan! I agree Wet Leg even with a new album on the horizon is a let down, but I saw Jamie T at finsbury last year and he can absoutely hold his own as a headliner. Never seen The Streets either so looking forward to that. Lots of little names on there for me too like Declan Mckenna and The Mysterines who are incredible and opened up for Arctic Monkeys on their last tour.

Remember this is lineup reveal Number 1. The 2nd wave of artists in March(ish) and then a third wave is all the dance acts (sometimes released seperately to wave 2) - Finally you have the Band App additions and the festival as a whole generally promoting unheard of artists. You can discover some tiny bands before they get huge. (Sugarthief being one I still love)

Picked up a weekend ticket for my good lady yesterday, the organisers seemed to make a massive fuss about how many people registered vs tickets available - yet we got through and purchased no problem and still tickets left this morning....

2 hours ago, gooner1990 said:

Picked up a weekend ticket for my good lady yesterday, the organisers seemed to make a massive fuss about how many people registered vs tickets available - yet we got through and purchased no problem and still tickets left this morning....

Standard practice this with most festivals

27 minutes ago, gfa said:

Standard practice this with most festivals

Perhaps because I don't follow a lot of festivals on social media its probably passed me by. 🙂

Also keep saying tickets are very limited, yet when you go on their site every ticket option is freely available. Makes me wonder if they've upped the capacity again....

18 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

Perhaps because I don't follow a lot of festivals on social media its probably passed me by. 🙂

Also keep saying tickets are very limited, yet when you go on their site every ticket option is freely available. Makes me wonder if they've upped the capacity again....

Purely a sales tactic trying to whip up people to thinking they need to be buying them quickly before they sell out.

11 hours ago, welshindie said:

I know the clashfinder is playing a bit of a guessing game, but it seems to think we're one sub-headliner short before Wet Leg. If that's true, who do you think it could be?..

Yeah, I could be wrong, but looking at the poster and where the band names are on it, I’ve got a feeling someone will come in between Soft Play and Wet Leg 🤔 

On 1/26/2024 at 9:46 AM, gooner1990 said:

Anyone signed up to the mailing list was on the presale. My partner bought my early ticket but I’ll be selling it when the resale opens!

On 1/26/2024 at 1:07 PM, gooner1990 said:

Last year it hardly sold out, i don't think capacity has gone up again

8 hours ago, 3Dimensions said:

Anyone signed up to the mailing list was on the presale. My partner bought my early ticket but I’ll be selling it when the resale opens!

Is this the £99 one? I'd be interested if so 🙂