Truck Festival 2024 Festival

Jack01825

Afternoon All

The only cure or help I can’t think of for the festival blues is to think about then next and also next years lineup speculations to begin!

dates out already and tickets out on Friday 

I thought the lineup was much younger this years so are we thinking the same for next year? 

Foals , Franz Ferdinand, libertines would be great fun

said the same thing in the tramlines sub but applies here too…

Fontaines DC are currently the crowds favourote choice, would be silly not to get them

weird how truck/tramlines/y not etc haven’t jumped on the Bastille train yet. They’re always around- could easily happen 

imagine beabadoobee could be around after cancelling her festival gigs this year 

Gerry cinnamon is another artist due an album 

the Hives went down very well opening for AM, and with an album out later this year too 

Jamie T a possibility after his Finsbury Park date this year n (relatively) new album

Jungle have an album coming out and Glass Animals are teasing one

seen a few people asking for the libertines

nothing but thieves have a new album out (it’s incredible btw) so can see them being around next year 

seems weird that wet leg didn’t make an appearance at tramlines/truck/y not this year. Maybe they’re on for next?

I wonder how long pulp will tour…

apologies for the long post, just speculating 

Edited by Will b

On 7/24/2023 at 6:34 PM, Jack01825 said:

Afternoon All

The only cure or help I can’t think of for the festival blues is to think about then next and also next years lineup speculations to begin!

dates out already and tickets out on Friday 

I thought the lineup was much younger this years so are we thinking the same for next year? 

Foals , Franz Ferdinand, libertines would be great fun

I think Foals was a one off for it to be honest

10 hours ago, gooner1990 said:

Not so sure on those, all three of them have headlined within the last 5-6 years.

Thought perhaps Kaiser Chiefs might do it as they are the sort of band they would book....

Theres only so many acts that suit truck and are big enough - y not, tramlines, kendal all very heavy on rebookings

I reckon Kaisers aren't big enough - thursday act maybe

9 hours ago, Will b said:

said the same thing in the tramlines sub but applies here too…

Fontaines DC are currently the crowds favourote choice, would be silly not to get them

weird how truck/tramlines/y not etc haven’t jumped on the Bastille train yet. They’re always around- could easily happen 

imagine beabadoobee could be around after cancelling her festival gigs this year 

Gerry cinnamon is another artist due an album 

the Hives went down very well opening for AM, and with an album out later this year too 

Jamie T a possibility after his Finsbury Park date this year n (relatively) new album

Jungle have an album coming out and Glass Animals are teasing one

seen a few people asking for the libertines

nothing but thieves have a new album out (it’s incredible btw) so can see them being around next year 

seems weird that wet leg didn’t make an appearance at tramlines/truck/y not this year. Maybe they’re on for next?

I wonder how long pulp will tour…

apologies for the long post, just speculating 

Pulp is very very very optimistic 

I said on Sunday during drinking downtime 

Thursday: Declan McKenna

and then Gerry Cinnamon, Fontaines and Jamie T. 
could see Bastille doing the Thursday and Pulp for the Sunday if they’re still about

Very bloke heavy headliners this year. Can see a return for Wolf Alice maybe if they put an album out next year. Florence and the Machine would be amazing. Jamie T a good shout. Saw Sea Girls at Ally Pally and think they are big enough for a Thursday headline slot now. Courteeners maybe?

Edited by WestwayVistas

It must be Bastille time surely. They done their own shows this summer and never seem to be not playing. Could see them playing some of these style festivals. 

I agree Fontaines and Cinnamon would be fab but think they might be to big now for Truck, Y Not etc

Could see Courteeners playing.

13 minutes ago, Dales said:

It must be Bastille time surely. They done their own shows this summer and never seem to be not playing. Could see them playing some of these style festivals. 

I agree Fontaines and Cinnamon would be fab but think they might be to big now for Truck, Y Not etc

Could see Courteeners playing.

Fontaines could definitely still do it

I think Gerry would be reasonable too at truck given how far south it is - probably less so at say Kendal.

50 minutes ago, gfa said:

Fontaines could definitely still do it

I think Gerry would be reasonable too at truck given how far south it is - probably less so at say Kendal.

i would be well up for a quick return if they did both play.

Gonna go with Nothing But Thieves, Jamie T & Bastille. Not a fan of Bastille but would be buzzing with the other two. Soft Play (Slaves) and The Mysterines on the lineup too would be good. Didn’t go this year and not been since 2017 but thinking of getting a cheap ticket Friday. Did everyone have a good one this year? 

10 hours ago, Jack01825 said:

we are thginking of doing zodiac fields next year , is it worht the extra costs?

They had shower upgrades in main camp for £50.00 this year and they looked terrible

Zodiac's toilets were pretty poor, barely got maintained all weekend (same as last year), ended up going to the portaloos in the arena in the morning which seemed to be cleaned more regularly

Never queued more than 10 mins for a shower though (if you knew which queue to get in) and Zodiac's location is brilliant, you can get anywhere in 10 mins max from your tent, no queue to get a wristband at 2pm on the Thursday from the car park and walk from the car was about 15 mins

• 2 months later...

Now Tier 1 tickets are sold out and tickets are off sale. Do you think we are due a line-up release soon with tickets going back on sale at a higher price? I should know by now as have been the last few years but cant remember what happened with regards to lineup release times/paterns.

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, CG31 said:

Libertines, Jamie T and Fontaines

Kaiser Chiefs Thursday

if Pulp are coming back then them in for one of them

Would be ridiculously happy with those top 3 or Pulp. Wouldn't bother going to see KC but would be a decent booking for Truck.

Really hope it isn't just an announcement of merch or something - seems a little early for any lineup news?

3 hours ago, Nobby's Old Boots said:

Really hope it isn't just an announcement of merch or something - seems a little early for any lineup news?

1 hour ago, Jack01825 said:

yeah i cant imagine any announcement this early , Merch or extra tickets

That would be a bit of a damp squid. It's what I hate about social media, it often involves hyping abvolutely everything no matter how dull or insignificant.