Truck Festival 2024 Festival

Jack01825

15 minutes ago, sisco said:

Same person who went down well at Victorious.  I’d say there’s a chance myself (for Kendall too tbf)

Very different demographics & lineups.

In the past few festivals the headliners were;

Two Door, alt-j, Royal Blood, Bombay, Fender, Kasabian, Wolf Alice, Foals.

How does Jamiraqou fit in with them? He just doesn't. He fits with the festivals you've mentioned which book acts like Stereophonics, Paul Heaton etc.

1 hour ago, gfa said:

Y Not booked him recently i think and has a broadly similar demographic

Superstruct fests often get 1 older headliner that the 20 year olds will not really care about, so not too ridiculous

hardly a strong booking there or one i'd want, a lot of my mates are going so once lineup is out unless its utter shite i'll be giving truck a go 🙂

I highly doubt he'd be at truck, Y Not book those type of acts, Truck very rarely do since 2018, they are definitely moving towards just newer acts 

1 hour ago, Nobby's Old Boots said:

Very different demographics & lineups.

In the past few festivals the headliners were;

Two Door, alt-j, Royal Blood, Bombay, Fender, Kasabian, Wolf Alice, Foals.

How does Jamiraqou fit in with them? He just doesn't. He fits with the festivals you've mentioned which book acts like Stereophonics, Paul Heaton etc.

Yeah fair point, those older headers haven’t been booked for about 5 years

1 hour ago, Mcbatesman said:

Like Paul Wellar, pulp wouldn't get the appreciation they deserve at truck, the only "nostalgia" act I can see headlining is the libertines

Pulp would be fine - but they would be the biggest truck headliner ever by a fair way

Spending that much money on an older act just seems illogical to me

2 hours ago, gfa said:

Pulp would be fine - but they would be the biggest truck headliner ever by a fair way

Spending that much money on an older act just seems illogical to me

Yeah if you are going to spend big money for them it's seems more logical to get someone like Florence and the machine.

It's also gotta only be a matter of time before glass animals headline surely 

8 hours ago, Mcbatesman said:

It's also gotta only be a matter of time before glass animals headline surely 

Dunno if they’d headline headline or maybe do a Thursday - as much as I love them they’re probably one of my favourite bands, for most people they’re living solely of the hype of heat waves and are not true “indie” material

Edited by Will b

On 11/21/2023 at 11:16 PM, LazyDavid said:

Vampire Weekend / Gerry Cinnamon / Pulp

Nothing But Thieves on the Thursday

Just judging by who could be around next summer; whack in Lil Simz, Soft Play and Becky Hill as subs for good measure

This would be insanely strong compared to recent years

8 hours ago, Will b said:

Dunno if they’d headline headline or maybe do a Thursday - as much as I love them they’re probably one of my favourite bands, for most people they’re living solely of the hype of heat waves and are not true “indie” material

Depends on how to he new album does I suppose, the Oxford connection will help though