Truck Festival 2024 Festival

Jack01825

• 3 weeks later...
22 hours ago, 3Dimensions said:

Would much rather have Rex than Jamie T (can’t stand his music). Jamie T could sadly be likely though as Superstruct have him for Victorious. Hoping Biffy are in for a chance. 

Think Jamie T is nailed on for Tramlines.  Not sure if headline material up North though.  Seems to be more popular in the South and reverse of Courteeners.

17 hours ago, Hirstys 12th Pint said:

Think Jamie T is nailed on for Tramlines.  Not sure if headline material up North though.  Seems to be more popular in the South and reverse of Courteeners.

He managed to do Finsbury - he can definitely do Tramlines headline imo

5 hours ago, Hirstys 12th Pint said:

I would class Finsbury Park as down South.  Also think the sales at Finsbury Park were assisted by Idles supporting.

Sure he would be fine at Tramlines was just suggesting he is not as popular up North as the South.

Of course - but selling Finsbury Park well is a far bigger achievement than just doing a day at tramlines which costs about £100 for a weekend ticket

I stated he would be fine as a headliner (tramlines is a smaller show), never said whether he is bigger or smaller

On 12/14/2023 at 9:57 AM, Hirstys 12th Pint said:

I would class Finsbury Park as down South.  Also think the sales at Finsbury Park were assisted by Idles supporting.

Sure he would be fine at Tramlines was just suggesting he is not as popular up North as the South.

I saw him at Finsbury and as much as he’s one of my favourite artists I’m not sure on his headline status, I was surprised to see him headline victorious over courteeners 

Just now, dhtjmnd12 said:

I saw him at Finsbury and as much as he’s one of my favourite artists I’m not sure on his headline status, I was surprised to see him headline victorious over courteeners 

Also yeah it almost seemed like as many people came to Finsbury for idles as Jamie T and it didn’t sell out even then 

2 hours ago, dhtjmnd12 said:

Yeah, I thought that was a poor choice for Victorious and quiet dissapointing really. However, for Truck he would be a good sized headliner. Other then Biffy most of the top 2 lines from each day at Victorious must be in with a shout for Truck. It would not surprise me if Jamie T is the one that does the rounds and plays at multiple Superstruct events.

12 hours ago, stanh said:

Not a good source by all means, but didn't Rob Kellas say Catfish are booked for a smaller festival next year? Could be Truck, if true. 

Its so close to Reading - seems very unlikely to me.

17 hours ago, Mcbatesman said:

Due to size differences of the festival historically no, foals, fender and Kasabian being the only exceptions I can think of and even then they were big gets for truck

These were not the same year - all 3 special cases really too

Fender was on the rise, Kasabian were slotting low on the comeback (clearly not the case for Catfish) and Foals are hometown

Catfish will settle back down to doing superstruct fests in a few years i think

2 minutes ago, gfa said:

These were not the same year - all 3 special cases really too

Fender was on the rise, Kasabian were slotting low on the comeback (clearly not the case for Catfish) and Foals are hometown

Catfish will settle back down to doing superstruct fests in a few years i think

I never said anything about them being the same year just that they were exceptions I'm not an idiot 🤣

And I know the reasons why they managed to get all 3

Edited by Mcbatesman

3 hours ago, Mcbatesman said:

I never said anything about them being the same year just that they were exceptions I'm not an idiot 🤣

You replied to a post that said this:

"Have we ever had a shared headliner before - i cant think of one in the same year."

Might need to work on your reading....