Volunteering 2024

Chazwozza

2 hours ago, CharlotteB said:

Yeah, it was mentioned at the end of my veterans invite: "Finally, I want to let you know that this will be my last festival as I’m retiring, and Jake will be leaving with me. It’s been a joy to do my job and work with all of you over the years. We’ll give you details of who is taking over later in the year."

I missed that. Thanks for sharing. I'd have assumed Jake would have taken over but obviously not.

• Upvote 1

On 2/18/2024 at 9:11 AM, dondo said:

I missed that. Thanks for sharing. I'd have assumed Jake would have taken over but obviously not.

That is interesting.

They are shaking things up a bit this year- 2 of my friends who've worked there for years haven't been asked back. Some roles are being outsourced, lets hope this doesn't happen to recycling!

5 hours ago, LeeHC said:

That is interesting.

They are shaking things up a bit this year- 2 of my friends who've worked there for years haven't been asked back. Some roles are being outsourced, lets hope this doesn't happen to recycling!

IF I get after festival clean up again, we have an added shift. We now have to work Tues - Fri 8am-5pm. Lot's of people don't want to do after clean up as it uses their holidays, so adding an extra day won't help. I am due back to work 400 miles North of Glastonbury, on Sunday 7th July. Travelling all day on Saturday and no time to recover is going to be fun. However... The good far outweighs the bad. I love our team. I feel really proud when we stand back and look at a clean field that we have picked. And of course, Toms field 🥰 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, BillieBobs said:

Just had an email off Avalon. I’m on the waitlist….damn! 

“Those selected will have until Wednesday the 28th of February to submit an application on our online portal with additional details”

fingers crossed in 7 days the people on the waitlist might get some luck!

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, DownlnAlbion said:

Been selected by Avalon! 🤩

IMG_7547.jpeg

I have received the same email.

2 hours ago, Armourman said:

Think I've got an offer as well...does shortlisted mean that once you pay the deposit you're in? Seems too good to be true. 

I bloody hope that's what it means.

Hopefully no having to be online at a certain day and time as well.

Edited by MrZigster
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, MrZigster said:

I have received the same email.

I bloody hope that's what it means.

Hopefully no having to be online at a certain day and time as well.

What an odd choice of a word! You can always call me on your fairy godmother to do the form filling should that be the case! 😉

• Upvote 2

Congrats all those with Avalon places today 😊

Waitlist for me. As much as I want to go would rather hold out for an Oxfam place anyway 🤞🏻 another 121 days to try and get my way to Glasto (counting to the Friday before!) 

1 hour ago, StoneCircle said:

What an odd choice of a word! You can always call me on your fairy godmother to do the form filling should that be the case! 😉

Nice one. It's the godmother gift that keeps on giving. It'll be the fifth time this year if it comes good.

I'm still dreading the probable Bristol faffing about thing though.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, MrZigster said:

Nice one. It's the godmother gift that keeps on giving. It'll be the fifth time this year if it comes good.

I'm still dreading the probable Bristol faffing about thing though.

Fingers crossed it's faff free! Great news that you have been asked back! All the worrying keeps us on our toes! 😂

1 minute ago, StoneCircle said:

Fingers crossed it's faff free! Great news that you have been asked back! All the worrying keeps us on our toes! 😂

I've had really more than enough to worry about on my plate recently.

10 minutes ago, thekiwi said:

Both my boyfriend and I got a spot on bars!! So excited. Have volunteered with FMS before as a Paramedic so serving pints whilst hungover seems a lot less stressful then saving lives 😂

Hoping we get to choose shift partners.

nice 1 ... and thanks for the work with FMS