Volunteering 2024

Chazwozza

18 minutes ago, JackP1994 said:

Hi mate, I’ve got distill set up on my iPhone (free version). Am looking at getting the paid version to get alerts set up as I’ve not had any come through yet on the free version.

With the paid version, will the alerts still come through with the Oxfam site logging you out after a set amount of time?

Only after the one spot for my wife as I’ve already managed to get one! 

Appreciate any help 👍

I actually haven't got to the point of being logged out yet, I can't see a way around it other than re-logging in. Due to the captcha I think its a pretty active process, I can't see a way to make it fully passive

Missed out on resale tickets so I’m hoping to get a place volunteering with oxfam (unless by some miracle I win one of the ticket comps!).

Can anyone, who has got a last minute oxfam place in the past, advise what kind of time they managed to get them?

From what I’ve seen previously, people tend to get them during the day. Just trying to work out if it’s still worth refreshing the page at eg 9pm…

38 minutes ago, Spiritdesire said:

Missed out on resale tickets so I’m hoping to get a place volunteering with oxfam (unless by some miracle I win one of the ticket comps!).

Can anyone, who has got a last minute oxfam place in the past, advise what kind of time they managed to get them?

From what I’ve seen previously, people tend to get them during the day. Just trying to work out if it’s still worth refreshing the page at eg 9pm…

Last year it was pretty much anytime during the working day, early morning and evening up to 11pm. Have a page checker in place or keep an eye on here.

I've never been to Glastonbury before so pretty clueless about all the different bars and locations! Does anyone have any advice on which Avalon bar would be best to work? Preferably one that's reasonably busy so the shift goes by quick enough. 

46 minutes ago, Helgatron said:

I've never been to Glastonbury before so pretty clueless about all the different bars and locations! Does anyone have any advice on which Avalon bar would be best to work? Preferably one that's reasonably busy so the shift goes by quick enough. 

Well I’m working the Glade Brew Bar, the line-up for that is out so you’ll know what the music is like. It is  pretty central so in break before or after you can get around quickly.

Similarly the acoustic line-up is out too so you’ll know what the music on cockmill is like, that is at one end of the site, close to the Pyramid and pretty close to the Avalon camp. The line-up of each is a pretty good indication of the drinks and vibe.

Those will both be pretty busy, as will Stonebridge bar, which is open later but the very far end of the site at the Park, you can look up the line-up for the Park and last year for  Stonebridge,  Arcadia, Rabbit Hole in that area.  Also you can look at the line-up for West Holts bar which, again is more central.

Then there are other bars less directly linked to stages. I guess it depends what you are interested in?

Edited by DJL

1 hour ago, Helgatron said:

All the bars are pretty busy imo, maybe the late night areas are quiet when the headliners are on the main stages but apart from  that I think you'll be kept busy no matter what bar you pick.

Do you get time off?

Edited by Madyaker

Just seen the email about the new caterers in Tom's Field. Looks like some really good changes! Trouble is, historically, when there is a good change in one area, another area suffers. I hope the showers aren't rank!

1 hour ago, Paul ™ said:

Who does the catering there? 

We're due to be fed at Ivy Mead 

Can't remember the name of the company that did it previously but they were there for a good many years. 

They just provide meals for recycling crew out of a marquee up in Tom's Field. Not sure if WaterAid use it as well.

Be interesting to see how the new ones turn out as can get very busy in there. 

24 minutes ago, Radiopaste said:

Does anyone know if theres a crew bar in the Park and if so where the entrance is? 

There is but I believe it's crew and artists so I think it's trickier to get in compared to other bars. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, dondo said:

There is but I believe it's crew and artists so I think it's trickier to get in compared to other bars. 

Could be wrong here but I think there's two. One crew and one artists. Some fellow stewards I met got into the crew bar one year, then they found themselves in a different bar with a load of drinks laid out. They helped themselves to a couple then went looking for somewhere to pay but couldn't find anyone. It slowly dawned on them what they'd done. I assume they then helped themselves to a few more. As they left they noticed security who weren't there when they came in.

Good accidental blag.

(I could be remembering some of the details incorrectly, it was a few years ago.)

15 hours ago, Helgatron said:

Hey - also a first timer with Avalon. I filled out the form before Glade was announced and went for West Holts which I’d be really happy with if it comes through. I’ve browsed YouTube videos and it seems the bar is right besides a heaving stage so should get a good view and be kept busy 🍻 .

good luck with your choice!

On 4/22/2024 at 5:25 PM, Spiritdesire said:

Hi there.  We got Oxfam places in 2019 and again last year having failed to get tickets in the main sale and resale.  Both years we got them long after the first spots went up.  In 2019 (and this is no exaggeration) we literally had the Oxfam Festivals page open on our PCs all day during working hours for about 4 weeks in the May, just constantly refreshing the page.  We managed to get 6 spaces during those 4 weeks.   

Last year Oxfam announced on their socials on 28th April (I checked back over my groups whatsapp messages :)) that they would be releasing some more stewarding places on the following Tuesday.  The following Tuesday rolled around and they were gone within about 45 seconds.  We refreshed the page constantly for the rest of the day and we finally got the 2 spaces we needed at about 3pm.

So ... check their socials daily for announcements, you never know.  And if there is another release of spaces be very prepared and even if there is a sold out message DON'T GIVE UP !!!!  Failed payments can and do happen and the spaces will become available again.  Best of luck .... I really hope it happens for you.  Having been in your shoes those 2 times I feel your pain but persevere and be prepared to lose hours / days to this and hopefully it will pay off for you.  

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Paul ™ said:

Weirdly, in all the messages I've received about it via email and Facebook, they never mention the name of the company that are doing it now. Don't know why it's a secret 🤷🏼

On 4/22/2024 at 6:01 PM, MrHew said:

Anyone had coach confirmation from WBC yet. I've had an email c*ck up and lost a lot and can't recover them. Just want to check I've not missed anything xx

So long as you requested your bus via the transport survey before April 15th, you're all good - there haven't been any confirmation emails yet 

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, Hugh with a P said:

Hi there.  We got Oxfam places in 2019 and again last year having failed to get tickets in the main sale and resale.  Both years we got them long after the first spots went up.  In 2019 (and this is no exaggeration) we literally had the Oxfam Festivals page open on our PCs all day during working hours for about 4 weeks in the May, just constantly refreshing the page.  We managed to get 6 spaces during those 4 weeks.   

Last year Oxfam announced on their socials on 28th April (I checked back over my groups whatsapp messages :)) that they would be releasing some more stewarding places on the following Tuesday.  The following Tuesday rolled around and they were gone within about 45 seconds.  We refreshed the page constantly for the rest of the day and we finally got the 2 spaces we needed at about 3pm.

So ... check their socials daily for announcements, you never know.  And if there is another release of spaces be very prepared and even if there is a sold out message DON'T GIVE UP !!!!  Failed payments can and do happen and the spaces will become available again.  Best of luck .... I really hope it happens for you.  Having been in your shoes those 2 times I feel your pain but persevere and be prepared to lose hours / days to this and hopefully it will pay off for you.  

This gives us hope! We're lucky enough to work on our laptops all day so this is all possible!

51 minutes ago, Hugh with a P said:

We’re after 1 Oxfam spot for my wife, having secured one myself back in Feb.

We’ve been weighing up whether to stick or twist with the cutoff coming up. 

Your words sound encouraging though so we might have to stick it out and hammer the Oxfam site for that 1 spot! 

5 minutes ago, JackP1994 said:

Your words sound encouraging though so we might have to stick it out and hammer the Oxfam site for that 1 spot! 

my wife and I put two Oxfam volunteering spots in the pot today as we managed to secure tickets in the resale on Sunday, fingers crossed they show up for you soon!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Paul ™ said:

3 hours ago, dondo said:

Can't remember the name of the company that did it previously but they were there for a good many years. 

They just provide meals for recycling crew out of a marquee up in Tom's Field. Not sure if WaterAid use it as well.

Be interesting to see how the new ones turn out as can get very busy in there. 

Further to my previous post I have seen that the previous caterers were International Eats

31 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

This gives us hope! We're lucky enough to work on our laptops all day so this is all possible!

There is ALWAYS hope 🙂  Have the page open (and logged in to) at all times and check it randomly throughout the day ... or constantly if you have the head for it.    

28 minutes ago, JackP1994 said:

Keep the faith and keep hammering 🙂   For us it's never an option to not be there so we just persevered and it paid off.  

Good luck.