BST 2024

stanh

23 hours ago, 3Dimensions said:

Reckon Jake Shears could support? Playing IOW the following weekend and probably finished his stint in Cabaret by then. 

Was thinking Jake Shears, or maybe even Olly Alexander?  Although I wonder if Olly will be in Cabaret the next cast change in June …

9 hours ago, Bect551 said:

Was thinking Jake Shears, or maybe even Olly Alexander?  Although I wonder if Olly will be in Cabaret the next cast change in June …

Doubt Olly would be in any musicals this summer due to his Eurovision stuff. He’d be a good shout for the festival though. 

On 1/26/2024 at 10:44 PM, incident said:

No - if the dates posted are accurate, then BST pans out like this:

Fri 28 June - Stevie Wonder
Sat 29 June - SZA
Sun 30 June - Kings of Leon

Fri 5 July - Andrea Bocelli
Sat 6 July - Robbie Williams
Sun 7 July - Shania Twain

Fri 12 July - Stevie Nicks
Sun 14 July - Stray Kids

Plus one other, presumably (but not necessarily) on the 13th.

KoL are releasing a new single on Thursday as per an announcement on their socials. So they could get announced this week if they're going all-in on following that with tour dates.

1 hour ago, nicolaspepsi said:

Its normal that they are announcing concerts so late? I hope stevie wonder is going to play on the 28...

Every year theres a huge range of announcement times - from like october through to march even

The sources saying Stevie are trustworthy, so if thats the day they said unless something drastically changes its on 😉 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, nicolaspepsi said:

Its normal that they are announcing concerts so late? I hope stevie wonder is going to play on the 28...

I think it was announced end of March for his 2019 BST concert.  Could be one of the last announcements.  I’ve booked a hotel with free cancellation for the 28th🤞 prices will go up when tickets are on sale.

• Like 1

Thinking about it some more, wonder what the chances of Phantogram playing are for Kings of Leon day? Obviously there's a lot still to be announced but I spotted that KoL are doing US shows in August-October with them as support, and I remember enjoying their set when I saw them open for Muse in 2016.

22 hours ago, charlierc said:

Part of me was hoping they'd have Franz Ferdinand or somebody else of that era as headline support. But then I'm not as familiar with Paolo Nutini so maybe that's why I went for the "... ah" approach.

Not sure this is enough of a lineup to get me down to London, and Paolo is on at Tramlines and Vaccines at Y Not which I already have booked. Let's see what the prices are like for the arena dates.

On 1/26/2024 at 10:44 PM, incident said:

No - if the dates posted are accurate, then BST pans out like this:

Fri 28 June - Stevie Wonder
Sat 29 June - SZA
Sun 30 June - Kings of Leon

Fri 5 July - Andrea Bocelli
Sat 6 July - Robbie Williams
Sun 7 July - Shania Twain

Fri 12 July - Stevie Nicks
Sun 14 July - Stray Kids

Plus one other, presumably (but not necessarily) on the 13th.

You heard anything about the stevie wonder drop out and possible replacement 

41 minutes ago, brettredmayne said:

You heard anything about the stevie wonder drop out and possible replacement 

Should clarify those dates didn't come from me. Don't think the person has given an update today.

• Upvote 1

Gutted to see Stevie W not likely now. It’s not always acts on tour or shared with Glastonbury headlining though is it?  Might be an unexpected replacement.  Would personally love to see The Cure (2018 last time I think), but no tour dates 2024.  Blur - but can’t see that happening, or Adam Lambert/Queen - same.  
feel it’s going to be underwhelming that weekend.

3 minutes ago, Bect551 said:

Gutted to see Stevie W not likely now. It’s not always acts on tour or shared with Glastonbury headlining though is it?  Might be an unexpected replacement.  Would personally love to see The Cure (2018 last time I think), but no tour dates 2024.  Blur - but can’t see that happening, or Adam Lambert/Queen - same.  
feel it’s going to be underwhelming that weekend.

Pulp? It's the end of their southern Europe leg before they move on to northern Europe in August. Especially if they do Glasto too.

I see 2 newspapers (rags really) have just reported that SW is in talks with Glastonbury to finalise dates, after the easily found by anybody multiple posts in forums saying he’s pulled out or was never confirmed.  The journalists wouldn’t know anything that some folks on here don’t know I’m sure.

Cynically I wonder if they are reporting this so they can reveal SW has pulled out due to health reasons or whatever, then they can report on a scramble to fill the slot.  Or will we be surprised with a poster drop for both events on the same or different Fridays.  Living in hope…. 

53 minutes ago, Bect551 said:

I see 2 newspapers (rags really) have just reported that SW is in talks with Glastonbury to finalise dates, after the easily found by anybody multiple posts in forums saying he’s pulled out or was never confirmed.  The journalists wouldn’t know anything that some folks on here don’t know I’m sure.

Cynically I wonder if they are reporting this so they can reveal SW has pulled out due to health reasons or whatever, then they can report on a scramble to fill the slot.  Or will we be surprised with a poster drop for both events on the same or different Fridays.  Living in hope…. 

You are expecting so-called journalists to do some research and)or verify facts? Sadly, much 'showbiz' stuff is pure conjecture and gossip.

• Upvote 1

Bit off topic,  sorry, but does anybody know how long realistically it would take to get out from the gig at 22.30 and get to Victoria Coach Station? 
I’m not exactly sure where the entrance /exit it, plus taking into account a mass exodus? Could it be done quickly on foot?
Any info would be gratefully appreciated 😁

1 minute ago, Solidgold said:

Bit off topic,  sorry, but does anybody know how long realistically it would take to get out from the gig at 22.30 and get to Victoria Coach Station? 
I’m not exactly sure where the entrance /exit it, plus taking into account a mass exodus? Could it be done quickly on foot?
Any info would be gratefully appreciated 😁

if you head for the gates behind the stage to the left as you look at it that will lead you towards Hyde Park Corner  from there I normally walk to Victoria station in 15 to 20 minutes even in a post gig rush