2000 Trees 2024

sacred shape

4 minutes ago, slamtastic said:

a little disappointed with this lineup tbh. i was expecting more big names. unfortunately nothing there atm to get me to buy a ticket.

was really expecting to see TBO, Hot Milk, Sleep Token. idk, fingers crossed the next announcement is more exciting.

All of those you want have tours to sell, Sleep Token will be a headliner if they're playing. This isn't even half the line up and the always leave bigger bands for later announcements

• Like 1

Manchester Orchestra, Better Lovers, Kids in Glass Houses, Hot Mulligan and Michael Cera Palin are excellent additions - I pray for Manchester Orchestra every year.

Also pleased that (other than The Xcerts), there isn't a huge amount I'm gutted to be missing out on on the Wednesday. 

Delighted so far ☺️

So with the first full drop of names they seem to be leaning fairly heavy on the emo side of things, so here's a little wishlist of more emo bands I would kill to see added:

Hotelier, Have Mercy, Home Is Where, SDRE, Foxing, Sports, Spanish Love Songs, Mom Jeans, Slaughter Beach Dog, Caracara, McAfferty, Citizen, Front Bottoms (duh), Marietta, Weatherbox, mewithoutyou, World Is a Beautiful Place, Pentimento.

I know they're not all strictly emo but still

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, cdiwilliams said:

So with the first full drop of names they seem to be leaning fairly heavy on the emo side of things, so here's a little wishlist of more emo bands I would kill to see added:

Hotelier, Have Mercy, Home Is Where, SDRE, Foxing, Sports, Spanish Love Songs, Mom Jeans, Slaughter Beach Dog, Caracara, McAfferty, Citizen, Front Bottoms (duh), Marietta, Weatherbox, mewithoutyou, World Is a Beautiful Place, Pentimento.

I know they're not all strictly emo but still

Tbf Trees books quite a few emo artists every year. But out of your list Marietta and mewithoutYou have broken up now and the guy from McAfferty is a f**king prick and can stay well away from the festival.

30 minutes ago, Chavmeisterdeluxe said:

All of those you want have tours to sell, Sleep Token will be a headliner if they're playing. This isn't even half the line up and the always leave bigger bands for later announcements

yep, like i said, will wait for further announcements. still early days. 🤞🏻

3 minutes ago, justanothername said:

Tbf Trees books quite a few emo artists every year. But out of your list Marietta and mewithoutYou have broken up now and the guy from McAfferty is a f**king prick and can stay well away from the festival.

Ah, didn't realise Marietta and mewithoutyou have, it's hard to keep track with emo bands, they have a halflife of about 2 weeks. Shame about McAfferty but yeah better off. I know Trees have quite a few emo bands normally, but imo that tends to be on the pop-punk (wonder years etc.) side, this seems a bit more midwest so hoping for some of the afforementioned

This was always going to be a smaller announcement. They said themselves a few at the top of the bill and the Wednesday lineup. 

Manchester orchestra, kid's in glass houses, Hot Milligan and Cleopatrick are more than enough. To keep me busy. Just hope KIGH aren't headlining a stage. 

7 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

This was always going to be a smaller announcement. They said themselves a few at the top of the bill and the Wednesday lineup. 

Manchester orchestra, kid's in glass houses, Hot Milligan and Cleopatrick are more than enough. To keep me busy. Just hope KIGH aren't headlining a stage. 

I reckon KIGH are subbing the main stage. 

49 minutes ago, Chaarlie said:

With Manchester Orchestra in the Axiom? Fingers crossed against a headliner I'm not bothered about like American Football were this year

Either Axiom headliner or main stage sub for sure - hopefully Axiom headliner as will have a better atmosphere for them.

Agree that KIGH will likely be subbing main.

I reckon Hot Mulligan will be sub-headliners in the Axiom or possibly 3rd main stage.

Better Lovers will be a Cave headliner I reckon.

53 minutes ago, Chaarlie said:

Idles Album + Tour next year, I've got them and WSS for the 2 remaining headliners.

Also hoping on the basis of Hot Muligan being booked SLS will be announced after their Feb UK dates.

They shouldn't book Idles again so soon, mainly because I can't escape hearing it from VIP camp. I think they'd have announced WSS by now as the Gaslight announcement lined up perfectly with WSS doing Ally Pally

1 hour ago, theramm said:

They supported TGA in the past so I'd say it's fairly likely (if TGA get a say in who subs them at Trees?)

If KIGH are on the Thursday, as they’ve confirmed, it will be either an Axiom headline slot or they’ll go full on stacking that Thursday and have it go:

TGA

Manchester Orchestra 

KIGH

DICE has the artists listed for each day. So full day splits are as:

Weds - Boston Manor, The Xcerts, Lambrini Girls, The 900, Dead Pony, Enola Gay, CARSICK, Pet Needs, Kite Thief, Exit Child, Unpeople

Thurs - The Gaslight Anthem, Manchester Orchestra, Kids in Glass Houses, Hot Mulligan, Better Lovers, The Pale Lovers, Gallus, The Menstrual Cramps, Grove Street, Shelf Lives, awakebutstillinbed

Fri - The Mysterines, Thumpasaurus, Teenage Wrist, CLT DRP, Zetra, Other Half, Problem Patterns, Topic Gold, BUDS., Fangs Out

Sat - cleopatrick, Dune Rats, Gouge Away, Thrill Collins, Michael Cera Palin, snake eyes, Every Hell, The Nightmares, Peach, MOULD

• Like 1

6 hours ago, justanothername said:

DICE has the artists listed for each day. So full day splits are as:

Weds - Boston Manor, The Xcerts, Lambrini Girls, The 900, Dead Pony, Enola Gay, CARSICK, Pet Needs, Kite Thief, Exit Child, Unpeople

Thurs - The Gaslight Anthem, Manchester Orchestra, Kids in Glass Houses, Hot Mulligan, Better Lovers, The Pale Lovers, Gallus, The Menstrual Cramps, Grove Street, Shelf Lives, awakebutstillinbed

Fri - The Mysterines, Thumpasaurus, Teenage Wrist, CLT DRP, Zetra, Other Half, Problem Patterns, Topic Gold, BUDS., Fangs Out

Sat - cleopatrick, Dune Rats, Gouge Away, Thrill Collins, Michael Cera Palin, snake eyes, Every Hell, The Nightmares, Peach, MOULD

Damn that Thursday is stacked already - incredibly up my alley. Other headliners + rest of the lineup being padded out pending, this could be the year I finally make it to this. 

13 hours ago, JimMacVeigh said:

If KIGH are on the Thursday, as they’ve confirmed, it will be either an Axiom headline slot or they’ll go full on stacking that Thursday and have it go:

TGA

Manchester Orchestra 

KIGH

KIGH headlining the Axiom & SFTP headlining the Cave (subbed by Better Lovers) is my guess.