26 minutes ago, gingerevans84 said:

Springsteen 2nd July, a beautiful warm up

No announcement from TW classic yet so I assume it’s a separate event. 
It’s probably good news for the ppl that live close by but otherwise considering it’s second year in a row and the ticket prices, a weird choice just 2 days before RW.

He could easily have been the first headliner of the festival (I would have liked that) in case they are struggling again like the past two years. But profit is more important for LN of course…

8 minutes ago, Floyd_Ams said:

He could easily have been the first headliner of the festival (I would have liked that) in case they are struggling again like the past two years. But profit is more important for LN of course…

Yeah, this is my thoughts too, but as you say they seem to be in favour of spreading themselves thinner to maximise profit...

Probably the closest I'll ever get to seeing him at Werchter now, thinking if I don't get Glasto tickets on Sunday about putting a run together of Live Is Live, Springsteen and then Rock Werchter and just hoping and praying that the line up delivers

15 minutes ago, Floyd_Ams said:

No announcement from TW classic yet so I assume it’s a separate event. 
It’s probably good news for the ppl that live close by but otherwise considering it’s second year in a row and the ticket prices, a weird choice just 2 days before RW.

"Easily" is not quite the right word to use. It's been 11 years since he last played a regular festival, this will be his 4th consecutive European tour without any festival dates in it. 

Also, his recent health issues are forcing him to take 3-4 days of rest in between 2 locations. Which made booking this tour a complex puzzle, made evident by the fact that standalone Werchter events usually take place on a weekend/holiday and not a regular Tuesday. 

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Name taken said:

Great for the appearance of your poster, but 80,000 Springsteen fans who occupy the site all day or only arrive just before he starts: not an ideal scenario.

So no problems entering the Barn and KlubC the whole day and plenty of space to lie down in between? It's a great scenario! 🤣

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, Dietediet said:

"Easily" is not quite the right word to use. It's been 11 years since he last played a regular festival, this will be his 4th consecutive European tour without any festival dates in it. 

Also, his recent health issues are forcing him to take 3-4 days of rest in between 2 locations. Which made booking this tour a complex puzzle, made evident by the fact that standalone Werchter events usually take place on a weekend/holiday and not a regular Tuesday. 

Fair point, "easily" was the wrong word to use indeed. But the reality is that lineups across all LN related events are spreading more and more thin due to the continuous chase for max profit. 

Let's see...Hopefully we'll get some nice names soon!

Edit: Tickets cost 138EUR. 208EUR to be in the front. And it's not even a one-day festival like TW Classic. Jeeezzz!

Edited by Floyd_Ams

7 minutes ago, Aech2ElectricBoogaloo said:

Hopefully you can camp over on the Tuesday night like before, Foos and Springsteen at Werchter my excitement is through the roof!

Springsteen is just the concert and on a tuesday. I don't think you can use the camping. Could be wrong...?