What have you done to get ready for Glastonbury 24 ?

Crazyfool01

38 minutes ago, The other Bellboy said:

My Barrister has finally obtained the agreement for my kids not to be blocked from leaving the country - not something I'd ever thought would be on my Glastonbury checklist!

I can finally really start planning - only 8 days until our flights 🙂

Go on dad 😎🕺

• Like 1

On 5/23/2024 at 8:07 AM, gigpusher said:

Yep feeling that myself. We're gearing up to start a big project which has been delayed for months because of procrastination by the f**kwits that call themselves the senior leadership at our place. Looks like it's going to land along with an unrealistic unachievable deadline any day now.

Surely not?IMG_7697.thumb.jpeg.1792e919767474b7cd74aa5383b06a37.jpeg

• Like 1

In my lead up - in my ongoing quest for cold drink nirvana, I have added a third cooling device to my repertoire.

i bought an Outwell Arctic Frost 45 for an unbelievable price and so now will be practicing my solar powered ice cube making ready for the farm. 

3 minutes ago, irnkrtn said:

This IS literally why my gentle lead in to Glastonbury following two years of unreal bonkers work is now chaotic. But I am not Rishi Sunak ok…

We're just meant to have started a project at the start of the year but constant infighting between senior leadership on the direction/strategy/technology to use has meant that so far this year I've had small amounts of busy periods followed by days of having essentially sod all to do. My worry is that they keep saying they are close to a decision and keep saying they want it released by August (which was the date they were giving at the start of the year too) If it lands at just the wrong time it will be a very stressful last few weeks before Glastonbury. I'm hoping they keep arguing with each other for a few more weeks and it's all just chaos after Glastonbury.

I have now done the bulk of any clothes shopping I intend to do including a brand new waterproof as my sacrifice to the weather gods.

2 hours ago, gigpusher said:

We're just meant to have started a project at the start of the year but constant infighting between senior leadership on the direction/strategy/technology to use has meant that so far this year I've had small amounts of busy periods followed by days of having essentially sod all to do. My worry is that they keep saying they are close to a decision and keep saying they want it released by August (which was the date they were giving at the start of the year too) If it lands at just the wrong time it will be a very stressful last few weeks before Glastonbury. I'm hoping they keep arguing with each other for a few more weeks and it's all just chaos after Glastonbury.

I have now done the bulk of any clothes shopping I intend to do including a brand new waterproof as my sacrifice to the weather gods.

This is classic overmanagement isn't it! I hope they keep each other busy ego jousting in time for you to slip off to the fields!!

I shall also be buying my expensive waterproof goods to pay the weather god tax this week. 

29 minutes ago, irnkrtn said:

This is classic overmanagement isn't it! I hope they keep each other busy ego jousting in time for you to slip off to the fields!!

I shall also be buying my expensive waterproof goods to pay the weather god tax this week. 

Yep just been saying hope they keep each other arguing for another month at least. It makes my build up much easier.

27 minutes ago, Jacko45 said:

Started my Google Drive list of things to buy/take etc. 

Still in the market for a Portable Gas BBQ but very undecided, spent weeks looking can't make my mind up. 

My dad has the weber Q220 and it's great if that helps in any way! 

Just bought a new Cool Box myself, a Coleman Convoy 28QT for just under £80. Very expensive but looks like it should do the job very nicely 

1 hour ago, EavisAintDead said:

My dad has the weber Q220 and it's great if that helps in any way! 

Just bought a new Cool Box myself, a Coleman Convoy 28QT for just under £80. Very expensive but looks like it should do the job very nicely 

Lovely bit of kit that, just a wee bit out of budget. 

Had a long weekend of walking on the Welsh Coast Fri-Sun and clocked up 22 miles over 3 days (one walk curtailed by the pissing down rain).

Planning to hit the local booze warehouse (Crate Expectations in Huddersfield) at the weekend to stock up.

Bought some Merino wool hiking socks as I've almost worn my old ones out.  And some new cheapo shades as I sat on my old ones this weekend and broke them (idiot).

After that, think I've just got to proof our jackets as a tribute to the Rain Gods and we're good to go!

8 minutes ago, MagicStones said:

Not really just a single day thang but been having cold water showers to prepare for the festival bucket showers 🚿🚿🚿🚿🥶🥶🥶🥶

Amazing to clear the hangovers 🙂 

• Like 1

Found pack of 2 giant sized wet wipe towels in Home Bargains for 99p. Bought 2 packs! Also collected my new F&B tent from Decathlon having tried my nieces one out last weekend at Shindig. The 3 person XL with a porch big enough for me to sit in my chair in and it didn’t leak in A downpour! Think I have everything I need now. Just washed the sleeping bag and duvet as it was sunny enough to hang out in garden. 

I ordered a new pair of hiking trainer boot things.. from my go to running trainer brand Topo Athletic.. I did Worthy pastures and 2022 Glastonbury in some decathlon hiking boots which were so comfortable, but for some inexplicable reason I got blisters last year mid festival so a new pair is in order.  

Hoping they’ll be lighter than my other boots but still sturdy enough to cope with all conditions .. will have to plan some long walks in the next few weeks to wear them in (and also get my legs used to some longer distances).  

2 hours ago, gazzared said:

Bought some beers ..I now need to try and forget about them 

IMG_20240601_162214.jpg

Soundwave 2 for a tenner in Morrison's? On it right now. A very nice drop and nice art on can 🙂

• Like 1