Legends Slot 2024

FuzzyDunlop

12 minutes ago, turkey twizzler said:

Although Robbie would be my ultimate legends slot, since someone brought her name up on here in the last couple of months I keep thinking about how flippin class Annie Lennox would be.

I'd love both of those too

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Unfashionable shout, but having been on a binge with 'em today, decided I'd have Simple Minds for this spot next year.

One of those weird eighties bands where you could conceivably put them elsewhere on the bill, of course, but think they've enough tunes folks will know to make seventy-five minutes work on a Sunday afternoon.

Waterfront
Love Song
Glittering Prize
See the Lights
Promised You a Miracle
I Travel
Sanctify Yourself
Hunter and the Hunted
Belfast Child
10 All the Things She Said
11 Someone Somewhere in Summertime
12 Don't You (Forget About Me)
13 Alive and Kicking

Hunter and the Hunted is a personal bias in there for me, granted, and Jim Kerr would almost certainly insist on their latest single at any given moment.

That’s a great set list 

• Like 1

Annie so seldom plays live, but get her back on the road and absolutely. Pipe dream but:

Pavement Cracks
Here Comes the Rain Again
Little Bird
Sisters Are Doin' It for Themselves
No More "I Love You's" 
6 Thorn in My Side
Love is a Stranger 
Cold
There Must Be an Angel (Playing With My Heart)
10 Into the West
11 Missionary Man
12 Why
13 Walking on Broken Glass
14 Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This)

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Unfashionable shout, but having been on a binge with 'em today, decided I'd have Simple Minds for this spot next year.

One of those weird eighties bands where you could conceivably put them elsewhere on the bill, of course, but think they've enough tunes folks will know to make seventy-five minutes work on a Sunday afternoon.

Waterfront
Love Song
Glittering Prize
See the Lights
Promised You a Miracle
I Travel
Sanctify Yourself
Hunter and the Hunted
Belfast Child
13 Alive and Kicking

Hunter and the Hunted is a personal bias in there for me, granted, and Jim Kerr would almost certainly insist on their latest single at any given moment.

I'm surprised nobody has done the no bands comment yet. I personally wouldn't have any issue with it. I did wonder if they might do a Crowded House slot this year when I heard they were touring.

22 minutes ago, turkey twizzler said:

Although Robbie would be my ultimate legends slot, since someone brought her name up on here in the last couple of months I keep thinking about how flippin class Annie Lennox would be.

Annie Lennox would be great I think.

3 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

I'm surprised nobody has done the no bands comment yet. I personally wouldn't have any issue with it. I did wonder if they might do a Crowded House slot this year when I heard they were touring.

Simple Minds actually have less out-and-out smashes than you might expect, but last year's choice made me realise the floor is open again for anything. The no-bands line to date is a stumbling block though.

26 minutes ago, turkey twizzler said:

Robbie in this weird grey area where I could see a case for him to both headline outright and play the legends slot. He's the kind of draw who could still do a stadium run, if he so chooses, and once you're onto multiple stadiums on a tour, think your pulling power has to be a Pyramid headliner consideration and/or ego matter. Then it comes down to whether EE sees them as Pyramid headliner material, so to speak. (See: Spice Girls not being Legends too.)

43 minutes ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Waterfront
Love Song
Glittering Prize
See the Lights
Promised You a Miracle
I Travel
Sanctify Yourself
Hunter and the Hunted
Belfast Child
13 Alive and Kicking

INABS

Just now, NorthernSoul52 said:

But, what the hell:

Let Me Entertain You
Strong
Millennium
Love My Life
Come Undone
Feel
Back for Good
Kids
Rock DJ
10 Candy
11 She's the One
12 My Way
13 Angels

1-13 absolute bobbins. 😉

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Annie so seldom plays live, but get her back on the road and absolutely. Pipe dream but:

Pavement Cracks
Little Bird
No More "I Love You's" 
6 Thorn in My Side
Love is a Stranger 
Cold
10 Into the West
11 Missionary Man
12 Why

I'd be Right By Your Side with this (if you hadn't left that one out!)

42 minutes ago, doogie said:

I'd be Right By Your Side with this (if you hadn't left that one out!)

Into the West would be dead on that stage, but I include twofold:

1. I adore The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King.

2. It was played at two of my grandparents' funerals. It has emotional resonance for me.

1 hour ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Simple Minds actually have less out-and-out smashes than you might expect, but last year's choice made me realise the floor is open again for anything. The no-bands line to date is a stumbling block though.

I'm not sure why the No bands thing so it wouldn't personally bother me. When people say it though this is what I imagine. image.png.cc8e9968dd43c3c18202e1e0c28839d3.png

• Like 1

Pavement Cracks
Little Bird
No More "I Love You's" 
6 Thorn in My Side
Love is a Stranger 
Cold
10 Into the West
11 Missionary Man
12 Why

That I could definitely get on board with.

If Robbie played I'd be elsewhere.

Pavement Cracks
Little Bird
No More "I Love You's" 
6 Thorn in My Side
Love is a Stranger 
Cold
10 Into the West
11 Missionary Man
12 Why

Been banging the Lennox drum for years.  Great shout on the tracks above but could easily add another 5-6 and it would still be solid gold.  One can hope and dream, but I doubt it's every gonna happen.  🥺

4 minutes ago, Dreamingofsunnydays said:

Annie Lennox would be my number 1 legend 

Same. I’m not a huge fan of the legend slot generally but I’d be front and centre for Lennox

Can't think of many better for the Legend Slot who are vaguely credible than Lennox.

The jury is out on whether you'd book Kate Bush for that too, to be fair. I know a lot of people would have her as a headliner, and she could probably do ninety minutes.

Think, at a shout, I'd have Bush headline if she was around, merely because the rarity factor would warrant it. If she'd started a touring career after Before the Dawn and hadn't yet played the G, then it is a toss-up.

15 hours ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Can't think of many better for the Legend Slot who are vaguely credible than Lennox.

The jury is out on whether you'd book Kate Bush for that too, to be fair. I know a lot of people would have her as a headliner, and she could probably do ninety minutes.

Think, at a shout, I'd have Bush headline if she was around, merely because the rarity factor would warrant it. If she'd started a touring career after Before the Dawn and hadn't yet played the G, then it is a toss-up.

As Kate Bush would never do it wither a headliner or legend slot there's no point worrying about it.