Olivia Rodrigo

FloorFiller

26 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Basically, she's not made a pie of it and is only going to get bigger.

If the G get her in a non headline slot next year then it'll be a win for us- but she might want to hold out for the big one in G25.

The only way I see her being there next year is if we’re wrong about Dua Lipa and it’s actually O-Rod headlining. Just seems unlikely, though. I think she might headline R+L and get her shot at Glasto on album 3.

Too early to talk of her having a special relationship with the fest, but no doubt her Other Stage slot in G22 was a big moment in accelerating her status so she may have a bit of brand loyalty and wouldn't be against coming back to do a Lizzo and play before the likes of Madonna or Coldplay.

18 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Too early to talk of her having a special relationship with the fest, but no doubt her Other Stage slot in G22 was a big moment in accelerating her status so she may have a bit of brand loyalty and wouldn't be against coming back to do a Lizzo and play before the likes of Madonna or Coldplay.

Think this could risk her being seen as a bit of an over saturated act at the festival though. She'll just wait till she's offered the headline gig, whether that's next year or a bit further down the line.

18 hours ago, Hotchilidog said:

Dropped into my library on the way back from the Siouxsie gig. It‘s a banger, some pretty hard hitting stuff on there too. The difficult second album is a good one.

For a moment, I thought you’d gone into a real library to listen to it.  Then the penny dropped.

I quite liked a few songs on the first album, but don’t really like this album, first single is the only one I will go back to, but then again I’m not the target market here.

• Upvote 1