COVID

DeanoL

1 hour ago, Riggins said:

Still testing negative for COVID but been a few days and still feeling pretty wiped out. Started as a sore throat which has now gone, now just tiredness, very blocked nose and head-coldy and the occasional cough. Fed up.

Quick. Keep testing more. I’m sure you’ll get the result you’re So clearly desperate for. 

Edited by Chicken Bob
  • Downvote 1

7 hours ago, amfy said:

The reason I would test is simply that I’d be expected to come into work with a cold but expected to at least work from home if so had Covid. 

I don’t really want to be at work with, or spread, either of them, but that’s how it works so I’ll take the opportunity not to spread Covid.

Also - I’ve had Covid 4 times now, probably due to the nature of my work (high levels of public contact) & I also came back from Bearded Theory with it.

I know from experience that it impacts on me much worse than any flu I’ve ever had, leaving me with breathing difficulties, extreme fatigue, and an erratic heart rate for 3-6 months afterwards each time I’ve had it.

I’m more than happy if other people test and inform me, because I’ll avoid it if I can, but I will still risk exposure in order to live my life and go to gigs, festivals and football. That’s a balance.

Don't think I'd be WFH if I had COVID and actually ill with it! 

2 hours ago, Brendan110_00 said:

Don't think I'd be WFH if I had COVID and actually ill with it! 

I’m a Social Worker. The only good reason not to work is being in a coma or dead! 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, amfy said:

I’m a Social Worker. The only good reason not to work is being in a coma or dead! 

I feel or you, and the pitiful resources you are given. Oh, and I don't know, but your P & P's may restrict success too, I reckon - although I don't know those details to be fair.

PS - Given your occupation and locality, it is highly likely that we know someone mutually, in your professional field.

35 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Oh just f**k off.

Great response. 🤣. You think you’re some sort of saint for having a “moral obligation” when it comes to covid. But for other airborne virus’s that are no more or less harmful you couldn’t care less who gets it. Weird policy. But It’s funny. I presume most people here as glasto goers despise the Tory government. But when it comes to covid are happy to carry on their nonsensical “rules” voluntarily like some sort bizarre cult. Utterly baffling. 

• Downvote 1

Just now, Chicken Bob said:

Great response. 🤣. You think you’re some sort of saint for having a “moral obligation” when it comes to covid. But for other airborne virus’s that are no more or less harmful you couldn’t care less who gets it. Weird policy. But It’s funny. I presume most people here as glasto goers despise the Tory government. But when it comes to covid are happy to carry on their nonsensical “rules” voluntarily like some sort bizarre cult. Utterly baffling. 

You’re clearly mistaking me for someone who wants to engage with your bullshit.

I’m just going to walk away now.

7 hours ago, Riggins said:

Still testing negative for COVID but been a few days and still feeling pretty wiped out. Started as a sore throat which has now gone, now just tiredness, very blocked nose and head-coldy and the occasional cough. Fed up.

Exactly the same as me.

Supposed to be out all day tomorrow at the races for a mates birthday which I think I’m going to have to cancel on unless I drastically improve by tomorrow morning! 

Second year in a row that I’ve returned from the farm with the ‘vid. It completely wiped me out and I’ve been bed bound for the most part of two days. It’s an occupational hazard that we’re going to have to get used to. Another reason to continue with my boosters when offered. 

5 minutes ago, Dreamingofsunnydays said:

Yeah so officially no saw doctors / Mary Wallopers gig for me tonight in Manchester as still testing positive. Ah well glad I got to see the saw doctors last week and but gutted about the Mary Wallopers as deferred them for ADG7.

At least it was that way round, likes of Saw Doctors are expensive and don't come round much but Mary Wallopers are/will be everywhere so you should be able to see them cheaply and easily, or part of another event, without much trouble

Edited by efcfanwirral
  • Thanks 1

On 6/30/2023 at 9:50 AM, amfy said:

The reason I would test is simply that I’d be expected to come into work with a cold but expected to at least work from home if so had Covid. 

I don’t really want to be at work with, or spread, either of them, but that’s how it works so I’ll take the opportunity not to spread Covid.

Also - I’ve had Covid 4 times now, probably due to the nature of my work (high levels of public contact) & I also came back from Bearded Theory with it.

I know from experience that it impacts on me much worse than any flu I’ve ever had, leaving me with breathing difficulties, extreme fatigue, and an erratic heart rate for 3-6 months afterwards each time I’ve had it.

I’m more than happy if other people test and inform me, because I’ll avoid it if I can, but I will still risk exposure in order to live my life and go to gigs, festivals and football. That’s a balance.

Yeh some employers have a really strange attitude to illness. I mean, you not spreading it around their workforce is in their interest, even if it is a cold, but still they demonise you if you take time out for it. 🤷‍♂️

We work with food, so it's a big 'no no' coming to work when ill, thankfully. 

10 hours ago, Dreamingofsunnydays said:

Anyone still having any ill effects from this?

Ive just had to get signed off work for another week (haven’t been in since before Glasto) due to vertigo / dizziness and feel wiped out still 😒

Did you test for COVID and come out positive? I had (and still have) vertigo which my doctor says is just post-viral, I had no other COVID symptoms though so didn't test for it. I went through a period of throwing up after the festival so I assumed it was noro, but now I'm thinking it could have been COVID as vestibular neuritis is a common complication of it.

18 minutes ago, HyperTechnoHorse said:

Did you test for COVID and come out positive? I had (and still have) vertigo which my doctor says is just post-viral, I had no other COVID symptoms though so didn't test for it. I went through a period of throwing up after the festival so I assumed it was noro, but now I'm thinking it could have been COVID as vestibular neuritis is a common complication of it.

Yes tested and positive.