Dave Grohl the new Chris Martin

s30foster

1 minute ago, matrainertje said:

Can't stand Growl though. Maybe it's the American thing, I don't know. 

Wash your mouth out! Blasphemy! 

Nah it's each to their own I'm only messing. I grew up on Nirvana and Foos are mine and the wife's fav band. Nothing he could do would annoy me. The man is a legend. 

Chris Martin isn't as bad as some make out either but he's not Dave Grohl. Not even close.

Just now, Benjsh said:

Wash your mouth out! Blasphemy! 

Nah it's each to their own I'm only messing. I grew up on Nirvana and Foos are mine and the wife's fav band. Nothing he could do would annoy me. The man is a legend. 

Chris Martin isn't as bad as some make out either but he's not Dave Grohl. Not even close.

Yeah and I for one don't really like Foo Fighters. Give me QOTSA all they if we're talking big American 00's bands. Foo Fighters  songs always fall a little flat for me somehow.

7 minutes ago, ICGenie said:

I have it on good authority that Chris Martin did a shift at Gate B this weekend. Genuinely. So Davy G still has a way to go yet!

While I am not saying this is true of false. Bearing in mind he was in Naples on Thursday night and is in Milan today. It would be a poor show from him if he did fly back for a couple of days, and go against the supposed sustainability ethos of the band. 

Edited by al_coholic

29 minutes ago, al_coholic said:

While I am not saying this is true of false. Bearing in mind he was in Naples on Thursday night and is in Milan today. It would be a poor show from him if he did fly back for a couple of days, and go against the supposed sustainability ethos of the band. 

I would also have expected to see a photo of it!

2 minutes ago, crocodiles said:

Just watched him playing drums with the pretenders on I player.

I have no problem with him popping up not a massive ff fan but he seems a genuinely nice and cool guy and if he wants a bit of fun jumping on with his mates go for it 

It almost feels like the 90s when it was a regular thing at Glastonbury that people would guest like that.  The legendary Rage set in the 90s had Maynard from Tool stalking around the stage delivering backing vocals with vigour.