Tuesday Night Queue Crew

kalifire

Calling all those who sacrifice a standard nights sleep in order to gather in the dark and experience the magic of dawn over the gates. 

Tuesday night/Wednesday morning is a tough one to tackle. What’s your technique? Do you have a strategy? How do you regulate your sleep? 

These days for me it is black coffee and a spot of Vivaldi on the ipod touch while I get some work done, but back when Tuesday night was first introdced things were a bit more frenetic. I think that first year (2010?) I was marking student essays while my mate was keeping me topped with various er... energy supplements shall we say. I wuold have asked for a remark if I was one of my students, I didnt make it to the England game on the el pointy that year. 

Planning on joining tonight. Should be leaving Cambridge at around 8, looking to arrive on site at about midnight. As this is my first year, I understand we should just be directed to a car park upon arrival? What time to the carparks usually open this evening in case we're making bizarrely good time?

1 minute ago, theesundayroast said:

Planning on joining tonight. Should be leaving Cambridge at around 8, looking to arrive on site at about midnight. As this is my first year, I understand we should just be directed to a car park upon arrival? What time to the carparks usually open this evening in case we're making bizarrely good time?

Officially 9pm but its known that they do sometimes open earlier.

• Upvote 1

You have to be a special type of tragic to queue outside a closed music festival all night just to be first in the gates. 

Utterly unfathomable to me and all rather cringey really. Are these the middle class melts you see on BBC breakfast with plastic garlands in their hair (great for the environmental ethos eh?) marching in wearing wellies even though the ground is bone dry, with no mud in sight? 

Ill be entering the festival some time this evening in a van, but will spend the night having a large one at the stone circle, rather than camped beside a metal fence. Then ill make sure i get a suitably excellent spot on Pennards Hill first thing tomorrow morning 👌

• Downvote 8

11 minutes ago, Gulping Gull said:

You have to be a special type of tragic to queue outside a closed music festival all night just to be first in the gates. 

Utterly unfathomable to me and all rather cringey really. Are these the middle class melts you see on BBC breakfast with plastic garlands in their hair (great for the environmental ethos eh?) marching in wearing wellies even though the ground is bone dry, with no mud in sight? 

Ill be entering the festival some time this evening in a van, but will spend the night having a large one at the stone circle, rather than camped beside a metal fence. Then ill make sure i get a suitably excellent spot on Pennards Hill first thing tomorrow morning 👌

Youre Hard David Brent GIF - Youre Hard David Brent Ricky ...

• Like 4
  • Upvote 6

6 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

Says the man trolling a music festival forum.  If you knew that was funny two decades ago, you're old enough to be doing something else with your day.

Sad c**t. 

What sort of language is that? I would be ashamed of my upbringing if i were you. 

Not much PLUR on display around here is there. 

Don't give the little ittle troll anymore attention. That's what it wants. Admittedly I just downvoted it and am acknowledging it right now. But if we ignore it from now on, it will go away. 

Last year driving South down A37 from Shepton around 1am Wed to get into car parks it seemed the closer Brown Route was closed (certainly no stewards there) and I had to move on to Purple which resulted in me being parked up in Purple 11 which was a miles walk around a daft route though CV E that ended up even going back on itself at one point until finally reaching Gate C queue. (would rather have used Gate B as closer to camping objective).

Does anyone know if this early arrival means Brown car parking is still closed and therefore I'll end up with the same result?

56 minutes ago, Pinhead said:

Last year driving South down A37 from Shepton around 1am Wed to get into car parks it seemed the closer Brown Route was closed (certainly no stewards there) and I had to move on to Purple which resulted in me being parked up in Purple 11 which was a miles walk around a daft route though CV E that ended up even going back on itself at one point until finally reaching Gate C queue. (would rather have used Gate B as closer to camping objective).

Does anyone know if this early arrival means Brown car parking is still closed and therefore I'll end up with the same result?

The same thing happened to us so would like to know. Arrived at like 3am and put in such a weird far away car park.

Plan is the same this year so hoping to get a better car parking spot.

2 hours ago, Gulping Gull said:

Fair play, these do get a chuckle from me - I picture a man with a monocle, unsure why

4 hours ago, Gulping Gull said:

You're a right whopper 

3 hours ago, Pinhead said:

Same here.  We arrived that route and was planning to try and park in the north/Purple car parks to get to Ped Gate B. Ended up at C via the CV fields after getting parked in Blue 10.  Tried asking the stewards how to get to B but got lots of "don't know mate" and non-committal answers.  No idea why they would actively discourage using one gate over another but it felt strange.

Aiming to come slightly later tonight and get into the car park for 2am-ish.  Hope we don't get the detour again.  Any inside info appreciated.

Back OT - we pull an all nighter every year in the queue and tend to just not sleep.  We're all dead giddy anyway and happy to be back with our Glasto family, some of whom we only see at the festival these days.