Primavera Sound 2024

UsernameHere

On 4/21/2024 at 12:35 AM, Whos3000_ said:

What’s the opinion here on Lana’s coachella sets? I really do like the songs she plays and I wouldn’t mind an atmospheric set rather then her trying something she is not to own a 70k+ stage. However, I can’t say I am impressed with her live delivery. I don’t think I twant to make an act of faith, given how good the counter programming will be 

If you like her songs then you will like the concert but on coachella reddit people think that No Doubt should have been the headliner and Lana Del Rey should have played around sunset before them. She didn't have a good setlist and she missed a lot of her big hits like Blue Jeans, Radio, Say Yes to Heaven. Also don't expect the same stage design it will be a much smaller one like glastonbury's.

Saw Pulp in Sheffield last year and it might be the best gig I've ever been to. I know the discussion here isn't really about whether they're good or not (which they are) - but I just thought I'd add that anyway. They're exceptional and I will be shocked if they're not the highlight of my weekend.

• Upvote 1

On 4/19/2024 at 12:50 PM, diancieprince said:

im agree they both probably play 1:30 h late in Mordor just before justice 

Based on absolutely nothing, I reckon the Thursday main stage will be:

9:20-10:35 - Deftones

10:45-00:15 - VW

00:25-1:55 - Pulp

2:05-3:30 - Justice

Kind of hoping Deftones play on the Amazon Music stage just to avoid how cramped Mordor can get. But let's see.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Gnarler said:

Based on absolutely nothing, I reckon the Thursday main stage will be:

9:20-10:35 - Deftones

10:45-00:15 - VW

00:25-1:55 - Pulp

2:05-3:30 - Justice

Kind of hoping Deftones play on the Amazon Music stage just to avoid how cramped Mordor can get. But let's see.

Hoping for this run. Need Deftones on Mordor to avoid clashing with any of the other acts above.

Justice wouldn't be second tier nowadays, C. Tangana isn't playing shows in the near future, Charli and Troye won't be billed together at a festival and so on. Besides, this would be like 4 times bigger than the previous edition so obviously fake.

• Upvote 2

35 minutes ago, scatteredscreens said:

Why would Troye and Charli XCX be listed like that. They would just be two separate acts (I know they are touring together). 

Very obvious fake.

it's not that obvious though. I could imagine them billing as such. What I can't buy is Tool. They are literally touring eu at the time of the festival, why wouldn't they have booked them? Furthermore, it's too much stuff for a side-edition

1 hour ago, Whos3000_ said:

it's not that obvious though. I could imagine them billing as such. What I can't buy is Tool. They are literally touring eu at the time of the festival, why wouldn't they have booked them? Furthermore, it's too much stuff for a side-edition

Why would they be listed as that..they're two separate acts lol

20 hours ago, scatteredscreens said:

Hoping for this run. Need Deftones on Mordor to avoid clashing with any of the other acts above.

Realistically with the size of the other acts on that day I think it's safe to say Deftones will be on the main stage. Gotta get people to Mordor to spread out the crowds and that's a pretty good way to do it.

Currently convalescing and I am bored, so finally had a full scan of everything on the main line up so far - obviously it's impossible to get to everything, but it will be some combination of the below for me;

Thursday… 16 Acts

Pulp / Vampire Weekend / Justice / Deftones / Beth Gibbons / Amyl and the Sniffers / Freddie Gibbs & Madlib / The Armed / Shellac / Arab Strap / Billy Woods / Duster / Mannequin Pussy / Mujeres / Roc Marciano / Wiegedood

This just further confirms the absolute clash nightmare as has been discussed - my biggest concern is where they decide to put Deftones and what they choose to counter programme them with, a personal fear would be a clash with Freddie Gibbs & Madlib. This list is mitigated slightly be seeing Arab Strap and The Armed on their own tours and Shellac being the house band.

Friday… 11 Acts

Lana Del Ray / The National / Clipse / Yo La Tengo / Mount Kimbie / Ethel Cain / Chelsea Wolfe / The Last Dinner Party / Brutus / Gel / Scowl

Not the greatest day ever for me personally but still pretty decent. Adding Danny Brown in here would be perfect, so fingers crossed!

Saturday… 15 Acts

PJ Harvey / FKA Twigs / Bikini Kill / Roisin Murphy / American Football / Atarashii Gakko! / Lankum / Lisabo / Royel Otis / Shabaka / Mandy, Indiana / Militarie Gun / Model/Actriz / Slow Pulp / Wolf Eyes

A proper varied day and a lot of acts I haven't managed to see so far, so it should be a lot of fun.

Edited by Last_Exit
  • Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, Gnarler said:

Realistically with the size of the other acts on that day I think it's safe to say Deftones will be on the main stage. Gotta get people to Mordor to spread out the crowds and that's a pretty good way to do it.

Totally agree, playing with the carts we already have (and will have)  it's quite evident that Deftones will be in Mordor. The artists with whom there's some doubt are Beth Gibbons and Amyl and the Sniffers but Deftones, VW, Pulp, and Justice will definitely be there.

Edited by diancieprince

2 minutes ago, branvan said:

For me, Beth Gibbons is bigger than Deftones. She is too big to not play Mordor. But maybe I'm wrong... 

Yeah at least for me the run is pretty clear on Thursday... Minor act 1 > Minor act 2 > Beth Gibbons > Deftones > Vampire Weekend > Pulp > Justice 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, diancieprince said:

Yeah at least for me the run is pretty clear on Thursday... Minor act 1 > Minor act 2 > Beth Gibbons > Deftones > Vampire Weekend > Pulp > Justice 

I would be astonished if Beth Gibbons isn't on much later and clashing with one of those names. I know they won't but if only they could put her on in Auditori and early on, it would have been perfect.

As well as being fantastic Deftones are in the middle of a 'tiktok' revival and 'the kids' love them - which is not something that can be underestimated these days.

I could see Beth Gibbons playing on Amazon in a similar slot to Alison Goldfrapp.

11 minutes ago, branvan said:

For me, Beth Gibbons is bigger than Deftones. She is too big to not play Mordor. But maybe I'm wrong... 

Portishead are bigger than Deftones, agreed. Beth Gibbons is not Portishead and it seems somewhat likely she wont play any Portishead so I'd say Deftones are far bigger. 

• Upvote 1