Primavera Sound 2024

UsernameHere

12 minutes ago, xxialac said:

For anyone arriving (really) early, Four Tet are playing elsewhere in Barcelona on the Sunday.

Oh and Primavera Pro lineup is out (also part of Ciutat), wheels starting to move now...

"is"

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, diancieprince said:

Auditori slots are very clear for me this year: 

William Basinski: Desintegration Loops (confirmed),  HTRK and Lambchop for Tuesday 

Charlemagne Palestine, Joanna Sternberg, Tirzha (was in the auditori in 2019 plus the set up of her new show match very well with a interior stage) and Lanark Artefax (similar to Evian Christ AV show in 2022)

Nala Sineprho, Wolf Eyes (they already have announced auditori shows in their current tour), shabaka and lankum 

Other potential names could be eartheater or Chelsea Wolf even though don’t see it as a real thing 

Space afrika cancelled but they were wharehouse stage material for sure. Beth Gibbons is headlining and is pretty big, she will be in cupra or mordor early afternoon. 

I am not sure about lankum in the auditorium. They would also fit cupra very well. Eartheater seems to be a better fit. Furthermore, I saw some placements of the new tirzah show in a early night club setting so I wouldn't be sure of that either. 
No way beth gibbons plays the auditorium, given how high she is billed on the lineup

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, Whos3000_ said:

I am not sure about lankum in the auditorium. They would also fit cupra very well. Eartheater seems to be a better fit. Furthermore, I saw some placements of the new tirzah show in a early night club setting so I wouldn't be sure of that either. 
No way beth gibbons plays the auditorium, given how high she is billed on the lineup

We need to play with the available names every day, starting from the idea that on Thursday there will be three performances in the auditorium, while on Friday and Saturday there will be four performances, with one of them very likely to have a longer duration (1 hour and 15 minutes) as it was in past editions

If we exclude Tirzha from the equation, there aren't many more candidates to take her place on Friday (perhaps Chelsea Wolf or Jessica Prat, but I see it much less likely tbh furthermore, considering that Tirzha already has a show designed for indoors where she plays a lot with the light). 

Regarding Lankum, their live performances are lengthy, their latest album lasts over an hour. I can easily see them occupying the long-duration slot on Saturday since there aren't many more candidates. I also believe that Eartheater is a strong contender. Perhaps I could substitute her for Wolf Eyes, but I think she would never fill the slot of over an hour on Friday as Lankum could.

8 minutes ago, diancieprince said:

We need to play with the available names every day, starting from the idea that on Thursday there will be three performances in the auditorium, while on Friday and Saturday there will be four performances, with one of them very likely to have a longer duration (1 hour and 15 minutes) as it was in past editions

If we exclude Tirzha from the equation, there aren't many more candidates to take her place on Friday (perhaps Chelsea Wolf or Jessica Prat, but I see it much less likely tbh furthermore, considering that Tirzha already has a show designed for indoors where she plays a lot with the light). 

Regarding Lankum, their live performances are lengthy, their latest album lasts over an hour. I can easily see them occupying the long-duration slot on Saturday since there aren't many more candidates. I also believe that Eartheater is a strong contender. Perhaps I could substitute her for Wolf Eyes, but I think she would never fill the slot of over an hour on Friday as Lankum could.

Think Lankum will be outside. Phew is another name that's very Auditori for Saturday.

I'm gonna go with

Thurs:

HTRK/Space Afrika (cancelled/replaced or left vacant)/William Basinski/Lambchop

Friday:

Joanna Sternberg/Charlemagne Palestine/Jessica Pratt/Lanark Artefax

Saturday:

Phew/Shabaka/Nala Sinephro/Wolf Eyes

36 minutes ago, scatteredscreens said:

Think Lankum will be outside. Phew is another name that's very Auditori for Saturday.

I'm gonna go with

Thurs:

HTRK/Space Afrika (cancelled/replaced or left vacant)/William Basinski/Lambchop

Friday:

Joanna Sternberg/Charlemagne Palestine/Jessica Pratt/Lanark Artefax

Saturday:

Phew/Shabaka/Nala Sinephro/Wolf Eyes

Phew already confirmed to be in the wharehouse program by a ps booker

Space Afrika perform Friday not Tuesday 

IMG_6664.jpeg

16 minutes ago, xxialac said:

We haven't yet established for sure that Hidden Stage won't return and I assume the sponsorship covers the cost. Possibly bigger issue now is where to put it.

Greatly miss having a flurry of late additions..

I've only been at the festival once in 2022 so I'm not totally clued up on the hidden stage. However, there was an interview posted earlier this year where they confirmed they would be a hidden stage smaller stage thing.

53 minutes ago, xxialac said:

We haven't yet established for sure that Hidden Stage won't return and I assume the sponsorship covers the cost. Possibly bigger issue now is where to put it.

Greatly miss having a flurry of late additions..

2016 - 2018 hidden stage was soo good with Lee Ranaldo, Bob Mould, Peaches, Aldous Harding, Jens Lekman, Thurston Moore and The Radio Dept (ffs i would've killed for that gig), Lee Fields, Lets Eat Gradma and Ride, but getting tickets was such a hassle I always missed out

Edited by Quadrophobia

59 minutes ago, scatteredscreens said:

I've only been at the festival once in 2022 so I'm not totally clued up on the hidden stage. However, there was an interview posted earlier this year where they confirmed they would be a hidden stage smaller stage thing.

I think what you are referring to is the replacement for the P&B dance stage from last year. In the past there was a "hidden stage" (in the underground car park, where the Warehouse stage is now) and later on one of the the grassy knolls. As has been said, they've hosted some great shows and their late addition added a bit of excitement given the line-up was out months earlier. I also agree that with the loss of Sant Adrià and PS pushing capacity numbers to the max, it's a struggle to see where it would go. We still don't know where the new P&B will be ...

So much of this line up grew on me in unexpected ways. I was fond of Vampire Weekend before but the new album made me revisit them and I think I'm more of a fan than ever and them being at PS is a superb booking for me now.

Likewise, Royel Otis, Mount Kimbie nd Voytrot were nice acts for me when the line up was announced and now I'm super excited for them

Anyone feel the same about any acts? Who is a grower on the line up?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Quadrophobia said:

So much of this line up grew on me in unexpected ways. I was fond of Vampire Weekend before but the new album made me revisit them and I think I'm more of a fan than ever and them being at PS is a superb booking for me now.

Likewise, Royel Otis, Mount Kimbie nd Voytrot were nice acts for me when the line up was announced and now I'm super excited for them

Totally agree on Vampire Weekend. Ageing like a fine wine.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Hip Priest said:

I think what you are referring to is the replacement for the P&B dance stage from last year. In the past there was a "hidden stage" (in the underground car park, where the Warehouse stage is now) and later on one of the the grassy knolls. As has been said, they've hosted some great shows and their late addition added a bit of excitement given the line-up was out months earlier. I also agree that with the loss of Sant Adrià and PS pushing capacity numbers to the max, it's a struggle to see where it would go. We still don't know where the new P&B will be ...

They said new P&B will be near or next Boiler Room… somedays i feel it will be a small structure with a very short lineup other days feel it’s gonna be as the old P&B was but relocated. Fingers crossed for the lineup it was never my cup of tea duting past editions even though i do love electronic music hope the relocation implies a new direction similar as Denkmantel festival 

33 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Those were absolutely magical. 
Also Parc Joan Miro in 2010.

ah yes -  King Khan & BBQ was in Parc Joan Miro.

Think the Parc de la Ciutadella gigs were later, perhaps 2012? good times....

6 minutes ago, JIMBO666 said:

ah yes -  King Khan & BBQ was in Parc Joan Miro.

Think the Parc de la Ciutadella gigs were later, perhaps 2012? good times....

Yeah, Mac De Marco did a tiny gig for maybe 100 people there. Think he got his girlfriend up on his shoulders at one point.

You could also go and chat to the bands afterwards - it did feel much less like a megafestival back then.

• Upvote 1

Who is playing this year, that will potentially be a breakout star and headline/ be closer to the top of the lineup in future years?

Im trying to find the hidden gems who are about to go on to better things, but they seem thin on the ground this year.

Thinking of a Fred Again type from recent memory.

Educate me folks.

2 hours ago, Quadrophobia said:

I was never a huge fan of Vampire Weekend - just liked some material but this new album is great and it's made me dive a bit deeper into their catalogue. They've turned into a very good booking.

I'm back to being very excited for Pulp!

I had no interest whatsoever in Lana Del Rey until recently I started listening to her music to give it a chance and it turns out she's miles better than I would've given her credit for tbh. She's not must see but if no big clash I'll give her set a go.

Duster, American Football and Deftones keep getting better the more I listen. 

Model/Actriz possibly. I don't really see any obvious breakout acts either though, not in the way that Fred Again did after 2022. Barry Can't Swim is similar but already quite high on the bill. Water From Your Eyes maybe? 

7 hours ago, Quadrophobia said:

Who is a grower on the line up?

I feel the same about Voxtrot and Royel Otis.  I have My peace (Voxtrot) and Fried Rice (Royel Otis) on repeat for weeks now.

As for Vampire Weekend, it was maybe two days after a line-up release when I realised that I actually love them (when I saw their name on the poster, I had thought that they are fine, but it was just me not being to able to remember how many great songs they have). So, not a grower, but definitely one of the names I'm most excited about.

But another example of a grower are Maustetytöt. It looked like a fun little gig in Finnish, but in time, I fell in love in some of their songs and now I really hope that my plane is on time and they'll play at some later time somewhere in El Raval, so I'll have a chance to catch them.