Primavera Sound 2024

UsernameHere

3 minutes ago, Memory Man said:

Are we realistically thinking razz for the likely national show and then hopefully the apolo for people like me who want to see the other stuff billed for the city on the weds that isnt the national? Forum is an easy skip for me that day.

Could be The National in Barts instead (or whatever it's called now). This is what they did when LCD played.

34 minutes ago, Memory Man said:

She would only be available for the thursday and thats already stacked so cant see anything being added to the thursday. She is out

I'm still hoping for a Ciutat-show on Sunday...

23 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Vampire Weekend out today. First listen so might change my mind but seems to be very solid from start to finish and not even much of a fan.

I think this album is much better than their previous one. I really want to go just to see them on Thursday. Pulp, Justice and Vampire Weekend back to back will be amazing. I am just waiting for the set times.

Just now, FindTheGhost said:

Around what time do headliners usually play? Trying to figure out if I can make it from Madrid after work to just catch Pulp...

You will have no problem. Almost certainly after midnight. Think they were on at about 2am last time they played Primavera.

7 hours ago, xxialac said:

Vampire Weekend out today. First listen so might change my mind but seems to be very solid from start to finish and not even much of a fan.

It's very good indeed.

As an aside...new Black Keys and Libertines records out today also.

Edited by Drums Please Fab

7 hours ago, xxialac said:

The new album is brilliant, so PS having Vampire Weekend as an EU exclusive just made the line-up even more superior to any 2024 line-up out there.

I also like the new L'Imperatrice songs very much, new album is out the week after Primavera.

On the other hand, I'm not really excited about the new direction of Charli XCX.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pipan said:

The new album is brilliant, so PS having Vampire Weekend as an EU exclusive just made the line-up even more superior to any 2024 line-up out there.

I also like the new L'Imperatrice songs very much, new album is out the week after Primavera.

On the other hand, I'm not really excited about the new direction of Charli XCX.

Yes, L'Imperatrice is great, as will be the new Beth Gibbons inevitably.

Given all that, just wish Thursday wasn't Clash City.

Mount kimbie is also out and is good. I see them more likely to be placed in a afternoon rather than a late night slot with this new direction. 
vampire weekend is a very good album imo but I still think I will skip them in favour of more interesting alternatives. For Thursday I have deftones, Beth gibbons, duster, mannequin pussy and Billy woods as must-see. For the rest, I am flexible, but given the amount of good stuff that day it will be inevitable to make sacrifices

Edited by Whos3000_

What are you regular attendees favourite things or customs to do in Barca doing Primavera week?

Bars, restaurants, brunch etc?

Im staying in El Born this time. Hotel was chunky money. 1550 quid.

I normally get a few cocktails in each morning with breakfast to knock the cobwebs off.

On 4/4/2024 at 8:52 PM, alan_ts said:

I have a dream:

Dillinger Escape Plan

They're in Europe in August but I want to see them badly 

Yeah I would love this. They are really incredible live. I also saw Greg Puciato solo tour recently and he was great 

• Like 1

On 4/6/2024 at 3:23 PM, Drums Please Fab said:

What are you regular attendees favourite things or customs to do in Barca doing Primavera week?

I normally get a few cocktails in each morning with breakfast to knock the cobwebs off.

There's a Mexican I love called El Pachucho, really close to Sala Apolo, great margaritas, I went twice last year - it's cash only though so come prepared.

On 4/6/2024 at 4:23 PM, Drums Please Fab said:

You manage to get up in the morning? ; )

On 4/6/2024 at 4:23 PM, Drums Please Fab said:

Wow, 1500 £ is crazy money indeed. I will stay in a hostel to afford some other festivals this Summer. Staying in a hotel certainly improves the experience though. Before I always used to stay in Airbnbs close to the Forum. But last year reservation got cancelled and hearing to many stories of really late cancellations from other visitors. 

Having a snack at Quimet y Quimet before an Apolo show is always nice. And one of the first days I always take a stroll through Barri Gotic and visit la Boqueria.