Primavera Sound 2024

UsernameHere

3 minutes ago, foolee said:

Loads of festivals announce stage splits (not necessarily times) or lineup posters splitting out the stages quite in advance and then you can take a reasonable punt at who will clash and therefore who to put more of your listening attention too. I do think the reason they wait is to sell more tickets because someone is more likely to hold off if favourites or must sees clash. 

While in theory this makes sense, in practice most festivals have to shuffle til last minute before announcing the set times. You are dealing with tour routings of 150+ acts, each with their own stage setting, spread across 12 or so stages. It is simply impossible to put that together three months in advance and again, I know of no festival that does (excluding DJ heavy fests, because stage setups and travel play less of a role here).

And before the internet (tm) you got the set times for most fests when you showed up

• Thanks 1

I don't want to make any point by this, just one more example:

There's a Slovak festival (Grape, 2 days, 6 stages, attendance about 20k) and at the same time they announce the artist, they put also their stage and time into the timetable. Of course there are some changes before the festival takes place but they are really minor and basically you can count on the original stage/time info.

https://www.grapefestival.sk/en/timeline

7 minutes ago, pipan said:

I don't want to make any point by this, just one more example:

There's a Slovak festival (Grape, 2 days, 6 stages, attendance about 20k) and at the same time they announce the artist, they put also their stage and time into the timetable. Of course there are some changes before the festival takes place but they are really minor and basically you can count on the original stage/time info.

https://www.grapefestival.sk/en/timeline

Announcing stage times so early is very rare (I'd say no one else does so), but there is a lot of major festivals that announce stage splits early (Reading & Leeds, Hellfest etc.). Tbh it never really helped me with the clashes, all of the prediction clashfinders are pretty far from reality anyway.

37 minutes ago, Knalbal24 said:

Not sure if anyone noticed already, but Armand Hammer seem to confirm themselves for a Ciutat-show on their website

WhatsApp Image 2024-01-24 at 15.17.59.jpeg

Now we have three self-confirmed/leaked Ciutat-shows: Water From Your Eyes, Bar Italia and Armand Hammer

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, xxialac said:

One of my highlights was when they did the secret gigs you had to get a token for. Forgot which year. Saw Pond with about 20 other people and it was a free bar all night!

2016 maybe?

I got the token to see a Kelly Lee Owens DJ Set in the backstage, with open bar!

1 hour ago, frankburns said:

Now we have three self-confirmed/leaked Ciutat-shows: Water From Your Eyes, Bar Italia and Armand Hammer

Honestly a pretty strong start. Starting to think “scaled down” doesn’t mean much. Maybe just no razzmatazz and they have a different or fewer venues 

12 minutes ago, LBare said:

2016 maybe?

I got the token to see a Kelly Lee Owens DJ Set in the backstage, with open bar!

It was 2017, my first Primavera - as a first-timer, I was completely overwhelmed by the official programme (so many choices/stages), unique venue and the semi-secret sets, that I unfortunately completely missed this token thing (IIRC, also Local Natives had one of these private sets). 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, gigi21 said:

Not in full, he had a 50 minutes slot. I was at King Gizz but I'm sure he made a great concert as always (saw it two times too during last tour 🙏)

That's right. He played only material from IRA but only about 50 minute slot and that album is close to two hours so less than half of album was performed. 

1 minute ago, scatteredscreens said:

Used to love Tame Impala but wish Kev would go on a hiatus, proper stunk up that first track with his generic vocal afflictions imo.

Seen Tame Impala in the Olympia theatre in Dublin on the Lonerism tour. Met all the band (bar Kevin) on Dame street that afternoon.Sound bunch of lads. Cam, Nick etc. The setlist from inner speaker and Lonerism combined was all killer no filler. 

Lonerism is on my Mt Rushmore of greatest albums ever made.

He needs to bring the guitars back.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Drums Please Fab said:

Seen Tame Impala in the Olympia theatre in Dublin on the Lonerism tour. Met all the band (bar Kevin) on Dame street that afternoon.Sound bunch of lads. Cam, Nick etc. The setlist from inner speaker and Lonerism combined was all killer no filler. 

Lonerism is on my Mt Rushmore of greatest albums ever made.

He needs to bring the guitars back.

Oh man, I agree so much. They have some good tracks since but there was a sweet spot after those two albums where their gigs were so, so good.

• Like 1

This is what I've caught:

4 days, 6 venues (two Apolo salas, La Nau, LAUT), 50 concerts

The Lemon Twigs, Les Savy Fav, Silica Gel, Dorian Electra, Militarie Gun, Voxtrot, The Mountain Goats, Mandy, Indiana, John Francis Flynn, Water From Your Eyes, Armand Hammer, Desire, El Mató A Un Policia Motorizado, The Comedians, Crumb, Fat Dog, Model / Actriz

Edited by pipan
  • Like 2