Primavera Sound 2024

UsernameHere

21 minutes ago, chilirocker said:

She had an Instagram story in early October saying Spanish stadium tour dates coming soon, there's no point in her delaying the announcement unless there is something preventing her from doing it - for example a festival announcement. 

Why do you think both Primavera and Madrid Rio Babel (that’s is known for bringing big Spanish and Latin artists) are announcing the same day? 

Also I don’t remember her telling that’s she’s doing stadium dates, I think it will be festivals and arenas. The only artist capable of doing stadiums now in Spain is Bad Bunny and (maybe) Rosalia. 

4 minutes ago, festivalguy97 said:

Why do you think both Primavera and Madrid Rio Babel (that’s is known for bringing big Spanish and Latin artists) are announcing the same day? 

Also I don’t remember her telling that’s she’s doing stadium dates, I think it will be festivals and arenas. The only artist capable of doing stadiums now in Spain is Bad Bunny and (maybe) Rosalia. 

Would be a bit weird to basically announce her as a support for a Green Day stand-alone show that the festival is organising though. I’m not sure the two are related tbh. 

40 minutes ago, festivalguy97 said:

Does that mean that she’s out of the lineup? Cause I would swear that she’s there. If you’re Spanish you know how big she is, I’m pretty sure my Spanish friends that never been to Primavera (are not into that kind of music and festivals) would only go for 2 artists: Karol G and Bad Bunny. Same happened with Rosalia, but she’s much more critically acclaimed and a better performer so people didn’t care much in this forum about her. But once again if she’s booked, don’t surprised. J Balvin was booked back in 2019 and back then it was not a normal booking at all. 

I'm Spanish and I know quite well what I'm talking about when I say that Karol G at Primavera would seem to me to be a rather vague booking, typical of other thematic festivals in Barcelona such as the Reggaeton Beach Festival. 

J Balvin in 2019 was confirmed as headliner after a media campaign very well controlled by Primavera Sound in which they made him the cover of Rockdelux magazine and in which Balvin came with the approval of the music press (the album Vibras had an 8 in Pitchfork). 

Primavera Sound was in charge of properly selling that album as an innovation in the reggaeton - which it was-. But in my opinion and knowing the genre very well, it's not the same to bring Balvin in 2019 than Karol G in 2024. Beyond that as I say, I think the fashion of bringing reggaeton is close to expire.

• Upvote 2

47 minutes ago, Whos3000_ said:

He is as much a rapper as travis Scott is. Big ai-generated trap beats Spotify albums 

Strongly disagree.

You don't have to like his music - I didn't until maybe a year ago but the AI generated beats comment doesn't make sense. He regularly works with very good producers - likes of Mike Dean, James Blake, Kanye, Kevin Parker, Pharrell etc.

7 minutes ago, UsernameHere said:

Strongly disagree.

You don't have to like his music - I didn't until maybe a year ago but the AI generated beats comment doesn't make sense. He regularly works with very good producers - likes of Mike Dean, James Blake, Kanye, Kevin Parker, Pharrell etc.

I mean the latest OPN is AI assisted and thats fire. 

C tangana would probabbly be the only spanish act id be hyped for. Dont understand a word but the vibe alone is worth it

Excited for tomorrow. Loved the double weekend in 2022 (and being part of its 3 year hype on this forum) but missed 2023 as the lineup wasn’t too my taste. Ending up massively regretting that decision when the livestreams started. I only watched TWOD & Sparks before deciding it’s best to avoid the footage and just commit to 2024.

There isn’t too many headline acts touring that I would care about if I’m honest. I’ve never listened to SZA, Karol G or most of the others being thrown around anyway. It would probably be Massive Attack & Aphex Twin top of my wish list.

It’s the undercard I’m excited for this year! Hoping for Fever Ray, Air, Melody’s Echo Chamber & Kneecap 🤞 

2 minutes ago, Float said:

Excited for tomorrow. Loved the double weekend in 2022 (and being part of its 3 year hype on this forum) but missed 2023 as the lineup wasn’t too my taste. Ending up massively regretting that decision when the livestreams started. I only watched TWOD & Sparks before deciding it’s best to avoid the footage and just commit to 2024.

There isn’t too many headline acts touring that I would care about if I’m honest. I’ve never listened to SZA, Karol G or most of the others being thrown around anyway. It would probably be Massive Attack & Aphex Twin top of my wish list.

It’s the undercard I’m excited for this year! Hoping for Fever Ray, Air, Melody’s Echo Chamber & Kneecap 🤞 

Well just have a couple headline acts noone expected lile Halsey, Calvin Harris, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, janelle Monae or Jorja Smith as always