Primavera Sound 2024

UsernameHere

I don't understand the obsession with Karol G at Primavera.

To me it would seem like a pretty lazy booking and one that doesn't even have the "seal of good taste" of the modern music press. 

IMO booking reggaeton artists at the festival is over/ending, but within that market she doesn't exactly strike me as one of the most interesting or innovative artists (at least for Primavera to be able to sell the act properly).

• Upvote 5

4 minutes ago, Whos3000_ said:

More and more convinced that the big PS booking will be bad bunny… it’s sold out in a minute, he’s a rapper so you get that covered 

Bad Bunny may well be booked but I don't get the line of thinking that "he's a rapper". He's not a hip hop act. To me it's like saying Imagine Dragons play guitar so you've got the big guitar band covered.

6 minutes ago, UsernameHere said:

Bad Bunny may well be booked but I don't get the line of thinking that "he's a rapper". He's not a hip hop act. To me it's like saying Imagine Dragons play guitar so you've got the big guitar band covered.

He is as much a rapper as travis Scott is. Big ai-generated trap beats Spotify albums 

21 minutes ago, YunT said:

I don't understand the obsession with Karol G at Primavera.

To me it would seem like a pretty lazy booking and one that doesn't even have the "seal of good taste" of the modern music press. 

IMO booking reggaeton artists at the festival is over/ending, but within that market she doesn't exactly strike me as one of the most interesting or innovative artists (at least for Primavera to be able to sell the act properly).

Does that mean that she’s out of the lineup? Cause I would swear that she’s there. If you’re Spanish you know how big she is, I’m pretty sure my Spanish friends that never been to Primavera (are not into that kind of music and festivals) would only go for 2 artists: Karol G and Bad Bunny. Same happened with Rosalia, but she’s much more critically acclaimed and a better performer so people didn’t care much in this forum about her. But once again if she’s booked, don’t surprised. J Balvin was booked back in 2019 and back then it was not a normal booking at all. 

Just now, festivalguy97 said:

Does that mean that she’s out of the lineup? Cause I would swear that she’s there. If you’re Spanish you know how big she is, I’m pretty sure my Spanish friends that never been to Primavera (are not into that kind of music and festivals) would only go for 2 artists: Karol G and Bad Bunny. Same happened with Rosalia, but she’s much more critically acclaimed and a better performer so people didn’t care much in this forum about her. But once again if she’s booked, don’t surprised. J Balvin was booked back in 2019 and back then it was not a normal booking at all. 

She had an Instagram story in early October saying Spanish stadium tour dates coming soon, there's no point in her delaying the announcement unless there is something preventing her from doing it - for example a festival announcement.