Primavera Sound 2024

UsernameHere

Gabi :

The change of dates responds to a communication error between Barcelona and Porto. Some talked about starting on Friday as a possibility and others took it for granted. It's that simple and that stupid. The 2024 poster is quite defined but there are always last-minute surprises. Generally the final poster is closed 48 hours before announcing it. Many things have to be squared away (the famous billing among them) before a band gives its authorization to be announced. Just thinking about it makes me stressed

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, frankburns said:

Not sure if this has been mentioned here before: KG&TWLwill be in Europe in May 2024.

https://kinggizzardandthelizardwizard.com/shows

Yup, they are also playing Wide Awake in London on May 25th (not announced yet, but heavily teased). Do we think they could go to Europe, then to UK and then back to EU for Primavera?

11 hours ago, Quadrophobia said:

Gabi says the Line Up is almost wrapped up, something that normally doesn't happen until 48 before its release. 

Think we're still on for November, or might we get lucky early? 

That isn't really what he said. He said the poster is quite defined but clearly there will be some names and negotiation closer to the festival. It's not as easy as throwing out a poster as some acts and bands will want to coincide it with their own announcements. Hence the 'confirmed 48 hours before'.

27 minutes ago, matrainertje said:

Are we going back to 6 days then? Or do you think all these headliners could be crammed into an 3 day festival? 

I don't see how this is so different from this year's headliners - there were seven of them and it's generally very similar also sizewise.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, pipan said:

I don't see how this is so different from this year's headliners - there were seven of them and it's generally very similar also sizewise.

That's what I thought but based on Spotify monthly listens Travis Scott, SZA and Karol G are all bigger names than any we had this year. Suspect I'm just out of touch.

1 hour ago, xxialac said:

That's what I thought but based on Spotify monthly listens Travis Scott, SZA and Karol G are all bigger names than any we had this year. Suspect I'm just out of touch.

I admit I haven't done any research but saying that Travis Scot is bigger than Kendrick Lemar just sounds wrong. He may have more listeners on Spotify right now, but I wouldn't say that's the most important indicator of size.

• Upvote 4

5 minutes ago, pipan said:

I admit I haven't done any research but saying that Travis Scot is bigger than Kendrick Lemar just sounds wrong. He may have more listeners on Spotify right now, but I wouldn't say that's the most important indicator of size.

FWIW I looked it up and Scott's last album did 60% more first week sales than Lamar's.
Certainly Lamar more critically acclaimed but not sure who shifts more tickets...