Primavera Sound 2024

UsernameHere

The Cure would be a stellar booking for an older band slot. Probably the best option they have if they're available. They've been on great form when I saw them in 2022 and by the sounds of it the US tour this year was also good.

Will have to see if they hit up fests next year but it does follow their touring pattern of own shows -> fests a year or two after

Edited by scatteredscreens

2 minutes ago, ThomT94 said:

In the case of The Strokes I seriously hope not - I recently went to Rock En Seine and they were so dreadful I could only take 15-20min of their set before leaving. Julian was clearly out of it and the sound was woeful, so much so that there were a fair amount of complaints about them online afterwards 

Not to mention as well that their fans completely blocked off the front of the main stage to fans of the other artists (I was there for Foals that day) which generally I don't have an issue with, but then they hardly paid attention or showed any emotion. They were just stood still and occasionally talking over the other bands, and I don't want that crowd going to Primavera 

I would like to see The Cure though 

As a counterpoint, I saw The Strokes in Spain two weeks ago, the crowd was lovely, the sound was great and Julian was on cracking form. Played all the hits too. 

Moot point though as they definitely wont play again next year.

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, nicolaspepsi said:

You think Is there any posibility of some big rock bands such as the strokes, Qotsa, the cure, pearl jam? I see that everybody Is talking about pop or rap, what about rock lol.thanks

The Cure and QOTSA yes, Pearl Jam and The Strokes no. 

I am expecting something like

Travis Scott - Massive Attack - The Cure - Lana del Rey - ??? - Odesza - C. Tangana - Pulp  :

Slowdive - Deerhunter - Belle & Sebastian - Danny Brown - Anyma - Tale of Us - Grimes - Adrianne Lenker - Billy Woods - Squid - King Guizzard - Anohni - Carly Rae Jepsen - Liturgy - Model/Actriz - Lil Ugly Mane - Romy - Tim Hecker - Lil Yachty - James Blake 

Edited by davidoffescassi

Book the Chemical Brothers you cowards!

I'd happily take Justice though and they do seem a bit more likely. Feels like The Chemical Bros have been touring Europe forever and PS has probably had loads of opportunities to book them, maybe they don't fancy them for whatever reason. Not saying they'd be cheap but I can't imagine they'd be that expensive a booking, would they?

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, UsernameHere said:

Book the Chemical Brothers you cowards!

I'd happily take Justice though and they do seem a bit more likely. Feels like The Chemical Bros have been touring Europe forever and PS has probably had loads of opportunities to book them, maybe they don't fancy them for whatever reason. Not saying they'd be cheap but I can't imagine they'd be that expensive a booking, would they?

New album though so could be the perfect time! 

• Like 1

Chemical Brothers strike me as the kind of act the festival might’ve avoided previously due to maybe not being Pitchfork-y enough or whatever,  but now that they’re willing to be a bit more flexible with their bookings hopefully there’s more of a chance, and they’d go down an absolute storm so seems like a no-brainer booking to me.