Primavera Sound 2024

UsernameHere

16 hours ago, Fleetwood_Mac_And_Cheese said:

Really hoping for Anohni to make an appearance as well! The new album is beautiful

Yes! I was expecting Anohni for Sonar, but listening to the new album I can totally picture a Primavera slot!

10 minutes ago, LBare said:

Yes! I was expecting Anohni for Sonar, but listening to the new album I can totally picture a Primavera slot!

Hopelessness really was an outlier for her, the new one is much closer to her earlier work. If she tours Europe during Summer 24, she'll be at PS I reckon.

However, her chamber pop is something I'd expect to be at Auditori for which she'll just draw too many people. I heard she'll also only agree to bookings, if the setting is right, so just slopping her at the main stages might not work.

Edited by Quadrophobia
  • Upvote 1

The sort of low key stuff she's doing just doesn't work on the main stage anymore with its new layout, would feel inappropriate/get drowned out on the Primavera or Cupra stage, and is too popular for the Auditori. I'd love her to be there but realistically I can't see where it'd fit in the programming nowadays unless they do two sets at Auditori to meet demand.

20 minutes ago, jannybruck said:

The sort of low key stuff she's doing just doesn't work on the main stage anymore with its new layout, would feel inappropriate/get drowned out on the Primavera or Cupra stage, and is too popular for the Auditori. I'd love her to be there but realistically I can't see where it'd fit in the programming nowadays unless they do two sets at Auditori to meet demand.

This or former Ray Ban (whatever its ccalled now) 

6 minutes ago, chilirocker said:

Just thinking who the main Spanish-language act could be for next year, is Karol G big enough in Spain to headline? I know she’s playing stadiums in the US, but not sure if she’s that big in Europe yet. 

Surely in Spain. Aside from her Bad Bunny, obviously (wishful thinking tho), Peso Pluma who is going through the roof atm,  Rauw Alejandro (maybe not as main act yet)

1 hour ago, brosch said:

Surely in Spain. Aside from her Bad Bunny, obviously (wishful thinking tho), Peso Pluma who is going through the roof atm,  Rauw Alejandro (maybe not as main act yet)

C. Tangana as well, as somebody already mentioned earlier. I don’t know if he’ll have new material ready for next year though.

7 hours ago, frankburns said:

Bradford Cox has turned up (and performed!) for the first time in many years:

https://www.stereogum.com/2230238/bradford-cox-performs-for-the-first-time-in-years-at-vintage-market-in-athens-ga/news/

A low-key noise set at a vintage market in Athens, Georgia is the exact place, I'd expect Bradford Cox to turn up.

Kinda reminds me of Jeff Mangum busking at Occupy Wall Street

So primavera announced gigs for JAMC and Magnetic Fields in Barcelona for November. Sure will play next year , but lineup wouldn't be announced till after those gigs 

Thought we would have heard about what they are doing for Madrid ticket holders this week 

Edited by Fnmentaluk

1 hour ago, Fnmentaluk said:

So primavera announced gigs for JAMC and Magnetic Fields in Barcelona for November. Sure will play next year , but lineup wouldn't be announced till after those gigs 

Thought we would have heard about what they are doing for Madrid ticket holders this week 

Why you say "sure will play next year"?

16 hours ago, Fnmentaluk said:

This doesn't necessarily mean they'll play though does it. Primavera are quite a big promoter in Spain these days.

12 minutes ago, UsernameHere said:

Would definitely take The Cure, Grimes, Róisín Murphy, Black Midi, Slowdive and Just Mustard in Barcelona next year. Anyone else think The Killers is a poor booking and out of place here?

The Killers definitely surprised me since Primavera has never booked them before but I wouldn't call it a poor booking. I'm yet to see them for the first time next month so can't say anything about their live performances, but I loved their first two records and the newest one is actually pretty good too.