Primavera Sound 2024

UsernameHere

7 hours ago, Drums Please Fab said:

I hope they play cherry tree. Was back on the setlist last year.

i love the level of rotation they are currently doing. I havent heard any of the new songs live, but some of the „classics“ get a bit tiring by the tenth time, so I‘m hoping for a deep cuts heavy set 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

57 minutes ago, Quadrophobia said:

I‘m hoping for a deep cuts heavy set 

With 2 hours long set, it's quite possible.

I hope for Secret Meeting (they played if a few times last year).

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, katyaz said:

So many posts on the reddit from Lana fans about "getting barricade". Avoiding Mordor on Friday is the right call tbh. Seems like it will be the first festival for a lot of them

Think is just Americans which are maybe 5% of the audience.

Love how chilled the Spanish are about things like this by comparison.

I'd respect it if it was because of their love of music but most of the time I think it's just to brag to their friends or a creepy celebrity obsession.

the reddit is pure cringe, hope you are right and they are a minority but I think I too shall be avoiding Mordor after Ethel Cain and before the 2nd half of Disclosure at which point they'll have maybe f***ed off

Edited by BA_Barrabus

4 minutes ago, katyaz said:

Cupra is great on Friday. I will be at Rels B then Jai Paul during Lana so I'll miss her completely. Damn 😂

TLDP>>BBNG>>Jai Paul>>Barry Can't Swim (with short excursions to see Jessica Pratt and Tirzah/Snow Strippers)

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, BA_Barrabus said:

the reddit is pure cringe, hope you are right and they are a minority but I think I too shall be avoiding Mordor after Ethel Cain and before the 2nd half of Disclosure at which point they'll have maybe f***ed off

For me, it's a big disappointment that Ethel Cain is performing on the main stages (it certainly feels like they deliberately put other artists that Lana Del Rey's fans adore before her performance so that they behave or at least are content). I wish she had performed at Cupra or even Amazon in the slots of The Last Dinner Party or Yo La Tengo.

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, diancieprince said:

For me, it's a big disappointment that Ethel Cain is performing on the main stages (it certainly feels like they deliberately put other artists that Lana Del Rey's fans adore before her performance so that they behave or at least are content). I wish she had performed at Cupra or even Amazon in the slots of The Last Dinner Party or Yo La Tengo.

agree, out of interest i wonder if the acts prior to her Coachella performance were marred by her fans?

2 hours ago, BA_Barrabus said:

Yeah. I try to not be prejudiced, but every cliche about Americans is confirmed in that r/ several times a day.

The audacity some people on there have is astounding.

• Upvote 1

The very small number of Lana obsessed will surely disappear to the front of the stage not to be seen or heard again until after the show, I doubt they'll cause much of a problem. Aside from feeling old, I don't remember any issues at the LDR gig in Hyde Park last summer. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, katyaz said:

So many posts on the reddit from Lana fans about "getting barricade". Avoiding Mordor on Friday is the right call tbh. Seems like it will be the first festival for a lot of them

26 minutes ago, Quadrophobia said:

Yeah. I try to not be prejudiced, but every cliche about Americans is confirmed in that r/ several times a day.

The audacity some people on there have is astounding.

I actually breathed a sigh of relief reading these. Feel bad being so judgmental but there's safety in numbers. I am also dreading the Friday main stage. Gotta be there for Omar and Troye pre-Lana but I've just accepted neither will be as magic as I'd hoped with the hordes of barricade obsessed freaks.

I'm expecting most to clear out after Lana and head elsewhere. Home or Mabel.

Yass to cupra being where its at on the Friday, very excited for Barry Can't Swim, BBNG, Jai Paul, and gonna check out Rels B and Chelsea Wolfe too.

The LDR fans particularly annoyed me when they were complaining about Troye Sivan and Ethel Cain being on a different stage...

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Gnarler said:

I actually breathed a sigh of relief reading these. Feel bad being so judgmental but there's safety in numbers. I am also dreading the Friday main stage. Gotta be there for Omar and Troye pre-Lana but I've just accepted neither will be as magic as I'd hoped with the hordes of barricade obsessed freaks.

I'm expecting most to clear out after Lana and head elsewhere. Home or Mabel.

I like Lana and will give her a go from further back but if it sucks, I'll go exploring 🙂

I quite like some of Lana's albums but that Cupra run of BBNG to Jai Paul to Barry Can't Swim is f**king magic. 

Im a huge National fan and if I was there (the FOMO is in folks!), id be skipping the National for Cupra that night too. 

And no shade to LDR's fans (or anyone else's!) but the idea of cramming the barrier from early in the day is obnoxious when other acts are playing if you're not going to respect them and their fans, and downright silly in the Barcelona sun and heat. 

I'll never understand that!