Primavera Sound 2024

UsernameHere

1 hour ago, xxialac said:

Would be my guess too.

Also Beth Gibbons new one out on Friday (presumably her set will be mostly made up of it).

Looking forward to that album and hoping she's on a great spot in the timetable (preferably mid-evening Cupra before Pulp starts)

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, scatteredscreens said:

She has a band. I wouldn't call it a DJ set at all. And I wouldn't call a backing track in rap/r+b miming unless it's like the whole song. Even the greats like Kendrick often have a backing track underneath to fill the small gaps.

As you say, most bigger acts with a more complex sound - let‘s also name tame impala, gorillaz, rosalía, the xx, nin as examples - play with backing tracks to enhance their live sound. Nothing wrong with that imho.

1 hour ago, brosch said:

As you say, most bigger acts with a more complex sound - let‘s also name tame impala, gorillaz, rosalía, the xx, nin as examples - play with backing tracks to enhance their live sound. Nothing wrong with that imho.

Most of those acts don't use backing tracks for vocals though.

She does sing a bunch here though.

Edited by SwallowOrSleepOnTheWetSpot

29 minutes ago, UsernameHere said:

How are Deftones live? 

I checked in with them 13 years later in 2011 and they were also great then. One of the best live snare drum sounds I've ever heard. 

13 years again since then so should still be excellent.

feel like the correct thing is to get the official outs (and possibly ins) first,  would be kinda  strange to receive the timetables first without an updated lineup… however fingers crossed for something today I’m getting pretty anxious about no having a single new for a long time 

Edited by diancieprince

2 minutes ago, Quadrophobia said:

yeah, there just wont be that much change I guess. So timetable with a note that X canceled and were replaced by Y is sufficient

Yeah. I think they did the Porto announcement last week as their timetable is a bit further away.

12 hours ago, Marty76 said:

Last time I saw them, they were great. It was in 1998 though 🤣

Ha same but a spritely 18 year old at Reading 2000.

Was mesmerised by Chi Cheng's locks 😞 

Very  much looking forward to enjoying them afresh 24 years on

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BA_Barrabus said:

Just checked the '22 efest board and the times came on the Thursday 2 weeks prior to the fest starting so with them saying last week '2 weeks as usual' I'll not be surprised if they hold true to that

I think they get fed up with people constantly requesting it, so suspect they are keen to get it out there as soon as they feel confident about it, rather than based on some arbitrary date. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, BA_Barrabus said:

Just checked the '22 efest board and the times came on the Thursday 2 weeks prior to the fest starting so with them saying last week '2 weeks as usual' I'll not be surprised if they hold true to that

I just don't see why they would hold them back, if they are finalised. It seems arbitrary that it should be exactly two weeks.

Edited by Quadrophobia
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, xxialac said:

I think they get fed up with people constantly requesting it, so suspect they are keen to get it out there as soon as they feel confident about it, rather than based on some arbitrary date. 

Aye I'm sure they are inundated with people DMing them *cough guilty*