Royal Mail Lost Ticket

notevenarealhamster

Apologies if this is in the wrong place, just need some fairly urgent advice! 

Royal Mail appear to have lost my ticket. They tried delivery Wednesday, Thursday, Friday last week but each day I was out at work. I got a card on the Friday to say they would attempt to deliver again on the Saturday. I waited in all day but nothing. Nothing has updated at all on the tracking since Friday. Spoke with customer service last night who told me to go to the local collection office. Just back from there and they have no clue where the ticket is. 

Any suggestions? I'm beyond stressed at this point! 

That’s a nightmare, but try not to worry too much. There are stories like this on here every year, it might be worthwhile searching back the forum to this time last year to see how people resolved it. 

As far as I can remember, everyone I saw who had Royal Mail lose the ticket ended up getting into the festival. 

It just takes a bit of persistence with Royal Mail, see tickets etc. 

If the worst comes to the worst, you can still always just rock up to the festival site and go to the box office - it might take a few hours, but I’m sure you’d be able to get in. 

Best of luck!!

Many thanks! Never even considered the box office on site. 

I've managed to log it as a complaint with Royal Mail tonight and they've escalated it due to the time issue. They should be trying to sort it with the local office tomorrow and will hopefully be giving me a call to say they've found it and I can go and collect. Fingers crossed! 

Saw on Facebook someone who had the same problem went to her sorting office and insisted they leave no envelope unturned and they actually found it so if they haven’t delivered it that might be worth a shot. If not just keep pressing for that letter. 

Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but I'm thinking that Allan Cooper's (the person posting this on fb) address is the one on the tickets, and the ticket holders have forgotten to update their details? Which would make posting them online worthwhile. Still, doesn't get around him opening post that isn't his though.

Just now, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

I take back the "meaning well" comment, they're just putting it online for the clout. Just take it to the address without the need to publicise how great you are for opening someone else's post... 😆

They also look odd tickets. I’ve never seen bus ones

7 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

That's weird. They say bus tickets. That's new, isn't it?

Btw, I know they mean well, but way to dox someone! 

They also say 25 June, so they might be local Sunday tickets.

Maybe that's why they've gone to the wrong address, those people have moved and didn't update their details because they're not in the local catchment any more 🤔

Just now, Simsy said:

Maybe that's why they've gone to the wrong address, those people have moved and didn't update their details because they're not in the local catchment any more 🤔

Bingo! That's what they are! I should know better, my partner has one. I've never seen it, though. 😆

You might be right on the catchment thing...the plot thickens

4 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

I take back the "meaning well" comment, they're just putting it online for the clout. Just take it to the address without the need to publicise how great you are for opening someone else's post... 😆

I think perhaps the people who bought them don't live there anymore...he might not know where they've gone if they rented or something. 😕 

3 minutes ago, Simsy said:

Yeah, local Sunday ticket that requires them to take an organised bus to the festival.

Just now, gooner1990 said:

I think perhaps the people who bought them don't live there anymore...he might not know where they've gone if they rented or something. 😕 

Interesting. So, potentially, the people who've moved could be waiting for this call, in the hope that the tickets find their way to them. Otherwise, how else would they expect to receive them? Unless they forgot to update their address. What a tangles web...