Ladies what are we wearing

Smashersss

Jumpsuits can be a RISK when it comes to going to the loo - not something I would wear at Glasto (much as I love them!) but I've definitely seen them around.

I tend to stick with leggings and t-shirts with a hoodie available most of the time, but I do like to have fun with clothes at Glastonbury, so always tend to take at least one outfit or option that is a bit special Last year I took Diana Ross as my cue/inspiration to re-wear one of my favourite outfits ever. Will no doubt knock something of the sort together for Lizzo and/or Elton this year. 

I have not yet worn sandals at Glastonbury, but if the weather suits and you have a trusty pair it's not a bad shout. I tend to just live in my walking boots (even if they rarely suit the ensemble of the day 🙃)

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Smashersss said:

Ladies, what are your go to outfits for Glastonbury? I’m more about being cool and comfy than fashionable. 

Are jumpsuits a terrible idea? 

Will sandles rip my feet apart? 

What are you packing? 

Yes and yes! Jumpsuits feel wrong when you’re having to strip down in the portaloos 🤣 and you’ll be doing thousands of steps including hills so might regret sandals.

If it stays dry, trainers all the way for me this time. Feet were way too hot last time in walking boots but will bring them or wellies if it looks like there’ll be mud. I always do dresses because I can add tights if it’s cold or wet, then a jacket/sweatshirt to layer up for the evening and a raincoat. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Smashersss said:

Ladies, what are your go to outfits for Glastonbury? I’m more about being cool and comfy than fashionable. 

What are you packing? 

Expect to get very dirty feet if you wear sandals and it's dry.

3 minutes ago, GlastoLou said:

Denim shorts and a vest/t shirt/jumper interchangeable with bare legs/tights/leggings depending on temperature..... done 👍 

This! And this year I’m only taking my docs & some trusty running trainers for footwear 

14 minutes ago, GlastoLou said:

Denim shorts and a vest/t shirt/jumper interchangeable with bare legs/tights/leggings depending on temperature..... done 👍 

This is my tried and tested plan and great for packing light.   Several pairs of denim shorts, various t shirt options including some sequinned ones, couple of hoodies and leggings for nights.  Have taken trainers in the past but I stick with walking boots now as I have a really comfy pair.

• Upvote 1

Last year I wore skirts every day and kept a pair of tights in my bag to pop on in the evening if I started getting cold. Stick a pac a mac in there as well and that's my top tip for all weather dressing. If it rains, leggings and tights won't hold water but most pants will.

Open shoes are a no-no, filthy dusty feet if it's dry. And if it's wet there's questionable mud around the toilets that will touch your bare skin.

7 minutes ago, Pipine said:

This is my tried and tested plan and great for packing light.   Several pairs of denim shorts, various t shirt options including some sequinned ones, couple of hoodies and leggings for nights.  Have taken trainers in the past but I stick with walking boots now as I have a really comfy pair.

Oh definitely some sequins too! 

Screenshot_20230611-214334_Facebook.jpg

• Like 1

Re: jumpsuit, you really, really need to think about a) having to nearly fully undress in a longdrop/portaloo, b)what the fabric might be doing/touching while you're peeing c)how much you may have had to drink. It's sound like a complete faff to me, especially when inebriated. So would be a 'no' for me, likewise with the sandals for reasons stated already.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Smashersss said:

As a male who has been in the company of many females who have made these wardrobe choices, I can answer yes to both your questions 😀

• Upvote 1

I’ve worn hiking sandals quite a lot in good weather at Glastonbury, and it is a problem getting grit under your feet, but for me it’s outweighed by my feet being able to breathe when it’s really hot. 

I’m gonna wear a catsuit or two probably so although everyone saying they’re a faff is completely correct, if you really want to do it…

Trainers all the way (unless wellies). I’ve never owned walking boots 

Sequins and jazzy leggings

Accessorise up to the max 

Glitter and braids 

But mainly denim shorts this year as everyone says as it’s going to be glorious 

• Upvote 1

Definitely leggings all the way for me! Comfy, warm, easy to pull up and down for toileting. I go for dress with leggings, shorts with leggings or just leggings and a top. Warm hoodie or furry coat for late in the stone circle. I bring trainers and walking boots and have wellies in the car for emergency. Money belt with multiple pockets is an essential for me too. I lose things otherwise! Oh yes, and plenty of sparkles/ eco friendly glitter. 🌈 

I'd say no to the jump suit, unless you're prepared for the high risk of it getting covered in something untoward in the toilets. In the daylight isn't too bad but going into a dark long drop (or worse, a turdis if they still use them), it's a different kettle of fish. It's good to be able to pull everything up out the way instead of down into the dark unknown......

I wore velcro Reef sandals at my first  glastonbury in glorious 2010. (Dry all week and baking hot). Having the air to the feet was nice but the constant stones in your feet and the dust wasn't so good. They were comfy though, I have to say but I've never used them again in the 5 I've done since. 

Being prepared to layer up and down is they key. Gets bloody cold when the sun goes down. 

Skirts, dresses, tights, leggings, hoodies, all work well for me. Oh and a hat and poncho (which can double as something to sit on when wet). 

Shorts during the day, shorts or dresses with tights / leggings at night. If you CBA going back to your tent, a pair of tights are small and light to put into your day bag. Shorts are more awkward for changing, you can bung tights on under a skirt anywhere.

I can't understand why anyone would wear a jumpsuit ANYWHERE! They look great but they are the most impractical items of clothing!

Also, why does anyone think jeans is a good idea? Too hot in hot weather, doubles in weight if wet, uncomfortable to lunge in. Don't get it.

Footwear - you want some cushioning, especially if it's hot and dry (sadly, this might not be the case...). I did 2019 in sneakers and by Sunday afternoon I could barely stand. I have done a full festival in Birkenstocks though and they were fine. It was the thin soles that did me in! Still deciding between trainers / walking boots / wellies. All eyes on the forecast...

I'm taking my leopard print catsuit - it's not that much of a faff, f**k it, where else am I gonna wear it?!! I bought it for Glasto 2011 and it's the gift that keeps giving 🙂

Also going for a colourful midi dress on one of the days. My first time in something like this. I'm 40 in a month so thinking maybe I need to cool it on my little levis denim shorts and cover a bit more (or do I....)

36 minutes ago, hannahlmoore said:

I'm taking my leopard print catsuit - it's not that much of a faff, f**k it, where else am I gonna wear it?!! I bought it for Glasto 2011 and it's the gift that keeps giving 🙂

Also going for a colourful midi dress on one of the days. My first time in something like this. I'm 40 in a month so thinking maybe I need to cool it on my little levis denim shorts and cover a bit more (or do I....)

No gawd no - no need at all. Denim shorts for a good while yet

• Upvote 1

Denim shorts, variety of vest tops, light shirts for layering, couple of warm jumpers. Walking boots and trainers weather dependent! Sunhat also essential if it's a scorcher. 

53 minutes ago, hannahlmoore said:

f**k no. 40 is the age where you stop giving a f**k what people think you should wear, and just wear what YOU want to wear.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Converse, shorts/stretchy trousers, vest/t shirt and jumper, depending on temperatures. Soooo basically what I'd be wearing if I wasn't at Glasto. I can't be arsed dressing up at the best of times, let alone when I'm living in a tent and caning it for 5 days. What I'm wearing, beyond keeping warm and dry enough, is the least of my priorities.  

You'd have to be a maniac to wear a jumpsuit.