Drinking Water Issues

rubenz

Just wanted to ask if anyone else has any issues with drinking the tap water onsite?

Now I know it is supposed to be just the same as the normal tap water with no additional things in it but it seems to have negative effects on me!

I get stomach pains and makes me feel generally rough. Before you say that might be caused by guzzling a lot of beer and giant cornish pasties this happens as soon as I drink the water up arrival!

So last year I ended up buying loads of little cans of water as they stopped selling the plastics bottles which was not ideal but alleviated any stomach issues.

Anyone else find this or have any ideas to help like some sort of water filter?

I live in the South West BTW so don't think its due to change in water hardness.

Don't really want to cart in loads of bottled water but worried about feeling ropey!

15 minutes ago, rubenz said:

Just wanted to ask if anyone else has any issues with drinking the tap water onsite?

Now I know it is supposed to be just the same as the normal tap water with no additional things in it but it seems to have negative effects on me!

I get stomach pains and makes me feel generally rough. Before you say that might be caused by guzzling a lot of beer and giant cornish pasties this happens as soon as I drink the water up arrival!

So last year I ended up buying loads of little cans of water as they stopped selling the plastics bottles which was not ideal but alleviated any stomach issues.

I live in the South West BTW so don't think its due to change in water hardness.

Don't really want to cart in loads of bottled water but worried about feeling ropey!

I drank a lot of it with no ill effects. However everybody is different. I travel a lot, and drink the tap water in every country I visit  too, with no ill effects. Some folk can't even handle the water in EU countries (same standards as us.) 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, sedra said:

You should be able to find water bottles with in built filters that are used for hiking etc - try Amazon or camping shops - they look expensive but should do the job. 

Yeah, might give this a try and see if it could work.

Im not sure what I would be filtering out that makes me feel ropey though!

Maybe some sort of additional thing they put in it but others have said it just should be the same as normal tap water.

38 minutes ago, rubenz said:

I'd say you know what the situation is, you can try the filter bottle thing but with no guarantees of not feeling bad. If I were you I'd probably just go with the cans option. that's what's good about Co Op on site at least! 

I've just thought actually - do you live in an area with hard/soft water? Could the Glastonbury ones be the opposite so you're not used to it for whatever reason? I never knew there was a difference til I moved to a hard water area

Edited by efcfanwirral

6 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

I'd say you know what the situation is, you can try the filter bottle thing but with no guarantees of not feeling bad. If I were you I'd probably just go with the cans option. that's what's good about Co Op on site at least! 

I've just thought actually - do you live in an area with hard/soft water? Could the Glastonbury ones be the opposite so you're not used to it for whatever reason? I never knew there was a difference til I moved to a hard water area

Cheers , yeah I did think that but I live in Bristol which is a hard water area the same as Glasto/pilton etc

22 minutes ago, rubenz said:

not sure what I would be filtering out that makes me feel ropey though!

Maybe some sort of additional thing they put in it but others have said it just should be the same as normal tap wate

It's all monitored by the local agencies so really have no idea what's causing it. Are you sure it's the water and not something in the water bottle you're using?

39 minutes ago, Leyrulion said:

It's all monitored by the local agencies so really have no idea what's causing it. Are you sure it's the water and not something in the water bottle you're using?

I normally just buy a bottle of mineral water, drink it and then fill that from the drinking taps.

It is a bit odd I admit but im sure its the water as when I switched to just drinking the water cans last year I felt OK.

I've never got stomach pains from the tap water onsite but once or twice in 2017 I noticed that it sometimes smelled/tasted a bit like chlorine.

I knew it was going to be safe though so I just popped a hydration/energy tablet in to mask the taste.

52 minutes ago, Scrump said:

Friend of mine got poorly from working on the water aid water point last year. She spilled so much water over her feet for 4 days solid she actually got trench foot! Confirmed by doctor onsite!

She was ok tho.

Trench foot from a bit of spilled water 🤣🤣🤣😭

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, JohnEW52 said:

Bristol Water provide the water to the festival so there should be no issue.

Well that's what I thought, but it definitely gives me issues as in I'm fine when I walk in the gate and then stomach ache as soon is I drink the water!

Gonna have to stick to the cider this year who needs water anyway!😁

2 hours ago, Watergirl said:

Always drink the tap water at Glastonbury and never had a problem.  In some bigger cities (London, Berlin) I find the water less clean and would buy bottled.

The water isn't less clean. Just different. In my area of London it comes straight up from the chalk so much better than the stuff onsite at festivals.