Your Favourite On-Site Bar/Pub?

Jacko45

11 minutes ago, mario man said:

Tricketts - the beer tastes better up there 🍻 

The one by Acoustic (Red Flag?) - great selection of ales and a bit of peace away from the madness 

Bimble because of the cash register (and also good beer)

I always think of Bimble more as a stage but agreed great place for a beer, they don’t sell lager from memory which doesn’t bother me but puts some people off

We've a potential pub crawl mapped out for the Wednesday (entering from PGC)...Cockmill -> Cider Bus -> Sam Remo -> Spike Bar -> Avalon Inn. First timers, so that should give us a fair wee circuit of the site. Must check out a few of the others , some choice.

Re free flow / bar, would most be 50/50 as regards drinking their own beer / beer from one of the bars. 

3 minutes ago, Peter_Quaife said:

We've a potential pub crawl mapped out for the Wednesday (entering from PGC)...Cockmill -> Cider Bus -> Sam Remo -> Spike Bar -> Avalon Inn. First timers, so that should give us a fair wee circuit of the site. Must check out a few of the others , some choice.

Re free flow / bar, would most be 50/50 as regards drinking their own beer / beer from one of the bars. 

I’d say if you are in one of the more pub like bars like Avalon then most people will be drinking from the bar but you certainly don’t have to and no one minds if you drink your own. Spike isn’t really as much of a bar as it used to be following all the changes last year to that area (which is a shame as was always our meet up point) 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Tranquility of Solitude said:

This is true. I’d add that the same clientele head to Brothers once they are too far gone to be served in San Remo.

Really I’d say Brothers more pissed crowd, San Remo far too much coke crowd 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Tranquility of Solitude said:

Spending some time people watching the carnage at Brothers from the comfort and ambiance of the West Holts Bar is a Thursday tradition for me.

Twice drunk Thursday is our tradition. Start drinking at brothers about 11 until we pass out in the afternoon. Wake up, get some food and start round 2

11 minutes ago, Tranquility of Solitude said:

Couple of people asking the name of the bar beside the Acoustic which does a half decent selection of ales.... it’s the Cockmill, and looks like this....

358793D4-A6D1-4EBB-8C12-ABE8702D0415.jpeg

You get to drink free if you're wearing a Carlow GAA top?? 1565418951_playr-fit-round-neck-retro-carlow-hd-2(1).thumb.png.fe66646b0e4d2e08bc657fc950b554a2.png

Would be great if there was an official guide to all the bars etc and what gets played there, especially after the headliners.  Used to enjoy ending the night at the Williams Green tent, so would be good to know if there's a similar (albeit smaller!) alternative this year.

I also remember stumbling upon a small bar on my way back to my tent in 2017... was near Pyramid and playing 90s Britpop... no idea what it was called, and sadly it wasn't listed anywhere.

Would be good to have a list of all bar/pub DJ sets... and by genre, not just the name.  Hoping to find somewhere after the headliners that plays Williams Green or 90s indie type stuff.

4 minutes ago, BBC7BBCHEAVEN said:

Yes! This is the one I was trying to remember the name of. With the cushions?

Loved that place 

That's the one and the sunken tables. I think we got asked to leave for dancing on them, all a bit hazy but lost a couple evening in there failing to make it en route to the SE corner.

Tricketts is my favourite.... Sitting on the hill watching the festival whilst drinking pints of Butcombe Gold

wet leg were about to start , I strolled/staggered down for Confidence Man 👍

IMG_20220625_022812.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, CR77 said:

Would be great if there was an official guide to all the bars etc and what gets played there, especially after the headliners.  Used to enjoy ending the night at the Williams Green tent, so would be good to know if there's a similar (albeit smaller!) alternative this year.

I also remember stumbling upon a small bar on my way back to my tent in 2017... was near Pyramid and playing 90s Britpop... no idea what it was called, and sadly it wasn't listed anywhere.

Would be good to have a list of all bar/pub DJ sets... and by genre, not just the name.  Hoping to find somewhere after the headliners that plays Williams Green or 90s indie type stuff.

https://clashfinder.com/ Pretty much does this! Maybe not by genre but it'll tell you who's on where!