BBC Coverage 2023

gooner1990

4 minutes ago, Spindles said:

He looked a bit frail walking on stage but absolutely solid opening.  The overhead crowd shots are insane, biggest crowd I've ever seen there, topping the stones by some distance I'd imagine.

Yeah I don’t think he’ll be jumping on the piano any time soon - walks like me at the moment ( I  just had hip replacement !!) expect he’ll stay sitting down for most of it. 

2 minutes ago, st dan said:

Doubt we’ll ever see the field anywhere near this full again will we? Which of the big hitters could bring anywhere near this … possibly Oasis?

I don't know if even a reformed Oasis could outdo that crowd. Maybe Led Zeppelin if the impossible happens and they reform.

Just now, FloorFiller said:

Yes. Loads of songs that literally everybody knows, especially after his little collaboration album with the likes of Dua etc got young’uns more familiar with his stuff. 

Think Rocketman got a lot of younger fans into Elton too (if they weren't already)

Just now, Goer190 said:

Think Rocketman got a lot of younger fans into Elton too (if they weren't already)

Yeah he’s had a massive career rejuvenation over the past few years. Don’t think he would’ve had such an insane crowd if he’d done it like five or so years back tbh. 

Just now, henry bear said:

He’s knocking out some of the big guns early doors. Wonder what’s to come…

Just lots more big guns. He’s got a lot.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Goer190 said:

Yeah I was 23 when I went to see that so not quite “one of the youth”, but it’s what made me give elton a proper listen 

This is the Concorde moment for the festival. There's nobody left now that can top this field tonight. 

Stones was massive but not quite this big. Bowie sadly gone. Macca finished now. Led Zep isn't happening as much as I'd love it.

Running out of legends now.