BBC Coverage 2023

gooner1990

4 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

The problem with Country music is its often very patriotic USA stuff so a lot of it doesn't transition across well.  Its all not very diverse stuff - saying that though neither is Glastonbury.  99.9% of the crowd is white middle class.

This, the flag waving pro-gun pro-republican is abhorrent if you listen or read some of the lyrics, the jingoistic stuff is cringe a best, which is a shame as some superb musicians get lost in the bullshit.

1 minute ago, ICESTONE said:

This, the flag waving pro-gun pro-republican is abhorrent if you listen or read some of the lyrics, the jingoistic stuff is cringe a best, which is a shame as some superb musicians get lost in the bullshit.

The modern stuff is nowhere near as bad, it’s very sanitised and commercially friendly these days 

8 minutes ago, ICESTONE said:

Think its safe to say that song (March March?) was not pro-gun / republican! Powerful stuff!

1 minute ago, jannybruck said:

Nova Twins were exceptional, amazing talent. Hope they're able to move up the billing in the future.

Just watching them atm, absolutely delivering live.  With the improved sound at Other stage I bet it sounded immense in that field.

Who's going to be watching Yusuf/Cat? I'll probably tune in for a bit but I only know 2 songs: Matthew & Son - which I like, and Morning has broken - which I hate! I suspect I'll recognise some others as I'm old enough to have been around when he was at his peak.

I see the BBC are not showing him live on one of the main channels. Must be the first time in years for the legend spot?

Can't believe there's reviews that GNR was the worst ever headline set just 24 hours after Arctic Monkeys put the crowd and everyone at home to sleep. 

Sure Axl's voice could have been better but they rocked the stage and the crowd was having a blast.

4 minutes ago, moz4pm said:

Can't believe there's reviews that GNR was the worst ever headline set just 24 hours after Arctic Monkeys put the crowd and everyone at home to sleep. 

Sure Axl's voice could have been better but they rocked the stage and the crowd was having a blast.

I hadn't seen any reviews, but just looked a couple up, shocked that the so called music experts gave Arctic Monkeys raving reviews then slated Guns n Roses, maybe they just don't want to upset their mate Alex, like with all things though, i tend to ignore a lot of reviews, you have to make your own mind up rather than listening to others opinions

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Punksnotdead said:

Who's going to be watching Yusuf/Cat? I'll probably tune in for a bit but I only know 2 songs: Matthew & Son - which I like, and Morning has broken - which I hate! I suspect I'll recognise some others as I'm old enough to have been around when he was at his peak.

I see the BBC are not showing him live on one of the main channels. Must be the first time in years for the legend spot?

Actually sounding quite good. Was just going to watch the first couple of songs but will probably stick around now.

1 hour ago, Benjsh said:

You're in for a treat. 

Shame country music doesn't get the exposure over here it deserves.

It’s definitely getting bigger over here. Luke Combs is playing the O2 Arena 3 times later this year! And he had a few singles chart this year too over here, as did Morgan Wallen.