BBC Coverage 2023

gooner1990

4 minutes ago, rob.a said:

What's guns and roses current reputation for being on time like? Want to watch the start of them but also wanting to watch a lot of leftfield. 

I've a feeling he'll have to show up on time tonight, if he cant show up on time for a Glastonbury headline slot, then who else will take a risk in booking them?

Just now, prestonmike said:

I've a feeling he'll have to show up on time tonight, if he cant show up on time for a Glastonbury headline slot, then who else will take a risk in booking them?

It didn’t stop them being booked for countless festivals back when they were constantly turning up late pre-Slash and Duff rejoining, but I think they’ve had a pretty good track record ever since they came back, undoubtedly as a stipulation to them rejoining. 

21 minutes ago, rob.a said:

What's guns and roses current reputation for being on time like? Want to watch the start of them but also wanting to watch a lot of leftfield. 

Theyll be on time for this. 

edit: oh yeah they just started like they were supposed to

will they go beyond midnight is the question. If its almost midnight and theyre barely on say, November Rain then its def going over

Edited by Suprefan

Early days and he hasn’t exactly had to strain his voice yet but Axl ain’t sounding half bad. Obviously a far cry from his heyday, but nowhere near as bad as some of the circulating videos would suggest. Hope that’s the vibe in the field as well. 

Now to just hope they don’t f**k it by playing too many plodders too early on. 

1 minute ago, roughbloke said:

Is GnR already more fun than AM?

😂 I didn’t know much about GnR but with everyone saying they’d be late and Axl’s voice gone, I thought it would be a shitshow.

Seems like a decent show so far!

Wonder if Neil decided to give them a shot 

Just now, Meerkat said:

😂 I didn’t know much about GnR but with everyone saying they’d be late and Axl’s voice gone, I thought it would be a shitshow.

Seems like a decent show so far!

Wonder if Neil decided to give them a shot 

Looks like they’ve got a bigger crowd than Metallica (from memory) 

1 minute ago, Spindles said:

Be interesting to see how Axl's stamina holds up, he's usually beetroot red and sweatier than Fuzzy on a spring afternoon a couple of songs in.

Looks like he’s lost a fair bit of weight so hopefully that goes in his favour. Looks like he’s enjoying himself too which is nice to see and a far cry from when he was constantly getting pissed off in the Frankenstein version of the band.