Elton’s guest list…

Welshinexile

7 hours ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

Didn’t someone on here say they’d booked Wembley for 2 days to rehearse? You don’t do that for 2 song changes. Plus this is Elton John. It WILL be over the top.

I think that should be treated with a massive amount of scepticism.

Even if he had/has something massive he wanted to rehearse - there's half a dozen other stadiums closer to his home that'd work equally as well. Whereas Wembley is literally the most expensive venue in the country to hire out.

16 minutes ago, incident said:

Even if he had/has something massive he wanted to rehearse - there's half a dozen other stadiums closer to his home that'd work equally as well. Whereas Wembley is literally the most expensive venue in the country to hire out.

Unless it's Wembley arena he's hired out. Still seems very OTT but looking at the venue listings, an event due to be held at the arena on Saturday 24th has been postponed...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Place went haywire when he came on last year with the Pet Shop Boys.

Or it was to a huge collective shrug, one of the two.

The latter. Mainly because he’d been on the stage literally 90 minutes earlier.

If Dolly rocks up for a duet, Mrs 4am will explode with excitement.

if Kiki Dee walks out, I’m reaching for the earplugs.

I don't mind a couple, Dua Lipa and Kiki Dee, for obvs reasons, but am I alone in just wanting to hear Elton John sing his songs instead of Elton ft. XX celebrity cosinging?

For the duets, okay, but I don't want to hear Ed bloody Sheeran coming on to butcher Benny and the Jets with his stupid ruddy loop machine.

Edited by MEGATRONICMEATWAGON
  • Upvote 2

I shouldn’t be saying this.. but I’ve had a bit to drink so I am. Was having a long chat with a family friend, who’s closest friend is in the Gabriel’s band. Well they are going to appear on stage with Elton. I don’t know what song but after looking at previous things Elton has said about them… I’m not suprised.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, William Mann said:

I shouldn’t be saying this.. but I’ve had a bit to drink so I am. Was having a long chat with a family friend, who’s closest friend is in the Gabriel’s band. Well they are going to appear on stage with Elton. I don’t know what song but after looking at previous things Elton has said about them… I’m not suprised.

This would be fab as I’ll likely miss them due to the Churnups clash. Going to see them at Somerset House however 

• Like 1

@ciderdrenchedI think your list is spot on. 

to name someone who hasnt been mentioned, I could see Elton bringing on Robbie Williams 

Adele is free on the sunday - it'd be a heck of a flight in from Vegas, so not likely, but not impossible.  

We all keep thinking that the special guest is an individual, but let's not rule out that it could also be a choir, or a string section - something of that nature.  

3 hours ago, incident said:

I heard from someone who’s working on his tour that he’d hired Wembley especially for Glastonbury rehearsal. They said mainly production needed this time but that Elton would be there. I’m not sure why they’d lie about it. Obvs don’t have to believe me but the info got me excited so thought I’d share

39 minutes ago, William Mann said:

Not disputing this, but that’s a bit left field. I’d have expected Elton to be going for wall to wall global megastars. I’m here for it though, they’re awesome. 

3 minutes ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

Not disputing this, but that’s a bit left field. I’d have expected Elton to be going for wall to wall global megastars. I’m here for it though, they’re awesome. 

Bruce brought out Brian Fallon from the Gaslight Anthem during his set - I love them both but not a megastar. Maybe Elton wants to give the new batch a bump up?

Just now, Bike_Like_A_Mum said:

Pinball Wizard is one of my random all time favourites...

I think he's going to bring out the spice girls 🤣🤣

I think you need to let the Spice Girls thing go.  You're setting yourself up for crushing disappointment.  Unless of course by some fluke you are correct, then the rest of the field will be crushingly disappointed.  Me included. 😉