The State Of The Ground Report 2023. 10th anniversary edition!

Sawdusty surfer

4 hours ago, Sawdusty surfer said:

Yep, I can't believe it either! Ten short years since I did the first SOTG report. 

Well here it is. I'll be updating more frequently as we get closer to the festival. 

Special thanks to a new cameraman, @Crazyfool01 who did a sterling job.

Brilliant, thank you. Always look forward to your reports 😊

1 minute ago, drunk pumpkin said:

I bet you really enjoyed that!

absolutely incredible first time ever onsite during the build since first attending in 02 . it was busy but incredible knowing how much busier it still gets as it builds to the Gates opening ... also got to say hi to @Funkyfairy! as she had arrived onsite ready to paint 1000s of bins , amazing morning 🙂 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Crazyfool01 said:

absolutely incredible first time ever onsite during the build since first attending in 02 . it was busy but incredible knowing how much busier it still gets as it builds to the Gates opening ... also got to say hi to @Funkyfairy! as she had arrived onsite ready to paint 1000s of bins , amazing morning 🙂 

I can hear the excitement it caused. @Sawdusty surferneeds to be careful. If you keep doing that you may explode! 😊

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Crazyfool01 said:

So lovely to see you both… brushes are ready , let’s beautify the rubbish recepticals 

• Thanks 1

When's the next site visit?  And a suggestion: you could do each report from a different spot and make it a 'guess the location' challenge for this forum and the YouTube comments section.  Us nerds can't get enough of that sort of thing, especially if you make it tricky enough to get a few handbag battles going.

Thanks everyone for the the appreciative comments, gives me a nice warm little glow 😊

I'm likely to do the next update on Tuesday or Wednesday. I'm absolutely not in the game of weather forecasting, I'll gladly leave that to the experts, but not expecting much to change by then. 

As always, hot, dry and dusty conditions can make life hard for the people already on site. Great for us lot at home though! 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Sawdusty surfer said:

Sorry for the lack of updates. Having said that, I suspect that there has been little change yet....

Been just too busy to get over to the farm. Just finished starting to get a load ready and will leave to deliver as soon as fully loaded in the morning. 

Will update then. 

Enjoy 🙂 I’m in recovery mode tomoro