The churnups

a6l6e6x

1 minute ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

I searched Dave Grohls wiki page, there's no sign or mention of any Churn band. What's the source that it's actually an old band of his?

There's a news clipping from something like a Seattle news article. I think I've seen a newer one linked too. 

16 minutes ago, RichardWaller said:

I’ve been firmly in the Pulp are gonna be there one way or another camp since they announced the reunion but doubts starting to creep in now 😬

Dave’s just there for QOTSA isn’t he? 🤞

7 minutes ago, hoppi27 said:

It would be weird to have Dave Grohl drumming with QOTSA, and Jon Theodore (their usual drummer) sitting out of the biggest date of their UK tour, don't you think?

Jon Theodore is better too, I mean that in no disrespect to Dave but Jon is a mega drummer and suits the Queen's style better. 

1 minute ago, Xeph1995 said:

Jon Theodore is better too, I mean that in no disrespect to Dave but Jon is a mega drummer and suits the Queen's style better. 

I don’t *think* I’ve seen em since Dave drummed for em on the farm. Can’t speak for Jon Theodore, just plucking at straws really cos I’ll be a bit gutted if this slot isn’t Pulp.

Also, on this Taylor tribute theory...the band did the tribute concerts for Taylor in UK and the States last year? They are clearly now looking forwards with new album and dates. i dont see why they would decide they needed to further honour him with a semi secret set at Glasto? 

Its Pulp. 

23 minutes ago, Harry MonkFish said:

I just watched John Wick 4. 

He's already stolen enough time from me for that monstrosity. 

I turned off half way through the 2nd film .... absolutely Shite 🤣 

4 minutes ago, RossTC said:

Also, on this Taylor tribute theory...the band did the tribute concerts for Taylor in UK and the States last year? They are clearly now looking forwards with new album and dates. i dont see why they would decide they needed to further honour him with a semi secret set at Glasto? 

Its Pulp. 

It's deffo not a tribute, it sounds like The Foos just fancy an earlier Gig and like the festival, wouldn't surprise me if they asked.

There was some inside information about a month ago about the foos doing a secret set during the day. 

Id rather Pulp tbf but it seems less likely now. 

Edited by Xeph1995

25 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

It's John Wick 4... You were warned the first three times.

10 minutes ago, gazzared said:

I turned off half way through the 2nd film .... absolutely Shite 🤣 

I appreciate people have different tastes (I mean some people here seem to prefer the Foos to Pulp) - but criticising the John Wick masterpieces is a bridge too far.

• Upvote 1

I wonder if we can 100% conclusively rule out Blur? 

For: they're active this summer, in Dublin the evening after, big gigs they need to shift tickets for, friendly with the festival (particularly Albarn obvs), far too big to play any other TBA slot, and this one's a bit tenuous but one of them might churn stuff on a farm?

Against: they've said they aren't (which is pretty conclusive until you consider that they'd hardly say they were)

Still feels highly unlikely but I dunno if it's 100% impossible.

5 minutes ago, catavento said:

I wonder if we can 100% conclusively rule out Blur? 

For: they're active this summer, in Dublin the evening after, big gigs they need to shift tickets for, friendly with the festival (particularly Albarn obvs), far too big to play any other TBA slot, and this one's a bit tenuous but one of them might churn stuff on a farm?

Against: they've said they aren't (which is pretty conclusive until you consider that they'd hardly say they were)

Still feels highly unlikely but I dunno if it's 100% impossible.

Technically Blur are now available that day due to a Waeve gig change of date. Who knows?

4 minutes ago, fullfathom5 said:

Technically Blur are now available that day due to a Waeve gig change of date. Who knows?

Thanks, had forgotten about the Waeve! I often prefer Graham Coxon's own work to a lot of Blur stuff to be honest. I suppose they're more likely to announce another Blur gig on that date than anything else, but while the theory is alive...

2 minutes ago, downtherabbithole said:

Definitely not Blur now they've been unavailable on Friday, Saturday and Sunday at some point. Yes they're free Sunday now but that's only after all the TBAs have been sorted

Changed slightly - Blur are playing Dublin on Saturday and The Weave are playing Dublin on Sunday (was originally Friday, been moved today).

Just now, fullfathom5 said:

Changed slightly - Blur are playing Dublin on Saturday and The Weave are playing Dublin on Sunday (was originally Friday, been moved today).

Interesting - a gig date is not just moved for no reason.  Puts Blur in the mix too.

• Upvote 1