Royal Blood

ahoykatie

Although I still think they’re a weak sub booking (and am also just not a fan in general…) them releasing something pre-festival certainly makes their booking a little less stale and weak. Guess it’ll also come down to whether the new stuff is received well, but at least they’re not just doing the rounds on the tired old material circuit. 

Ha, what a pair of w*nkers. Not really sure what they were expecting when playing a festival like that, but I also get the impression they probably knew full well that they’d get a not-so-rapturous reception so they could have their little rock n roll outburst. Suppose it must be a little jarring to realise you’re no longer the flavour of the month and that the average person no longer cares about your sh*tty music. 

What a chump! Remember seeing them at Reading once and the singer looked like he had ingested the contents of Hunter S Thompsons suitcase.

Having said that they pretty good at Glasto the other year so would probably check them out if in the area.

I see they’re happy to take the money for doing the Big Weekend but obviously consider themselves above it. Comes across as an absolute nob. 

We saw them on Saturday night supporting Muse…I’m not a fan so I’m not the best person to ask, but I think they’ve had their 15 minutes. 

Fair enough to Mike for calling out dead crowds, I've been to a lot of shows where the crowd is utterly unmoved to a lively band, but R1 Big Weekend was never gonna have walls of death like. I'm surprised stuff like that doesn't happen more often, because the amount of shows you see where acts are going hell for leather on stage to a wall of phones and sculptures is pretty infuriatingly high. Odd all round.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 4