Arcadia 2023

stuie

5 hours ago, TGCarr said:

Skepta will be special after seeing a few videos this week.

but that’s an atrocious line up 

Do you have any of those links to Skepta DJ-ing that you could post please?

Cant seem to find any apart from him rapping?? Will be interested to hear what kind of "house" he/they will be playing. 

Cheers

Edited by rgalbraith

3 hours ago, rubenz said:

Pretty sure I saw Jackmaster play Darude - Sandstorm on the spider one year!

Would be good to see some more fun party type sets rather than the serious business techno types i have seen there in recent years 

Along with several other mainstream classics, fixed in from Jeff Mills - The Bells, 25/26mins in here:

https://soundcloud.com/jackmaster/arcadia-glastonbury-2017

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

So the saudi money spider is allowed to return. 

https://observer.com/2017/01/coachella-owner-homophobic-climate-change-denier/

EDIT: two wrongs obviously don't make a right but be quiet suprefan, tiny part of the festival vs the whole fest's owners

Edited by gfa

6 hours ago, nikkic said:

@bennyhana22VTSS on the spider??

Ooof 

Well, if she doesn't play too fast, that could be pretty epic. I'd be really pleased if her set worked for me timings-wise, as I have a soft spot for the spider, always gets right in the middle, and have only had a good time on the specific occasions I've targeted sets.

Ben

6 hours ago, stuie said:

There's only one spider.  The difference is whether it's got the robotic arms attached to it or not. 

If you had a pound for every time you explain this...!

(I, myself, am guilty of previously being under the impression that there was a slightly smaller, baby one...!)

Ben

Personally really happy with the lineup for this, plenty to see, highlights for me being Chems, Skepta b2b Jammer, VTSS and MK, would also like to see Floating Points b2b Daphni, Elkka and Shy FX (clash dependant). Obviously not as strong as last year, but still think they're done a pretty good job!

1 hour ago, rgalbraith said:

Do you have any of those links to Skepta DJ-ing that you could post please?

Cant seem to find any apart from him rapping?? Will be interested to hear what kind of "house" he/they will be playing. 

He does a lot with Circo Loco, Martinez Brothers etc, tech-house/house pretty much.

6 hours ago, LS-Charlton said:

Anyone else feel like this year the festival has gone double heavy with drum and bass and baseline? A hopeful thought of mine is that they announce Carl Cox, Jamie Jones, Patrick Topping etc at The Glade but overall I’m incredibly disappointed. 

That being said I am looking forward to Más Tiempo

There's always lots of DnB - it's been the predominant dance genre at pretty ,much all festivals seemingly offering a variety of electronic stuff. Shambala was exactly the same - easily 80% DnB, but with enough excellent electro, and a little techno, to keep me happy. 

Ben

6 hours ago, Isaact said:

Yeah, it feels like an 80% D&B festival which is much more than last year.

As @gfa has said, Block9 is always the big hitter for techno/electro/IDM/glitch. Arcadia has usually had more DnB than anything else, ditto Unfairground, and The Temple too. I presume it's because it's what a lot of people want...?

Anyway, In Block9 We Trust.

Ben

10 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Well, if she doesn't play too fast, that could be pretty epic. I'd be really pleased if her set worked for me timings-wise, as I have a soft spot for the spider, always gets right in the middle, and have only had a good time on the specific occasions I've targeted sets.

Ben

I’ll be there too if the timing fits with other plans. I saw her at Printworks and she was good but it was too quiet where my mates wanted to dance

19 minutes ago, stanh said:

Personally really happy with the lineup for this, plenty to see, highlights for me being Chems, Skepta b2b Jammer, VTSS and MK, would also like to see Floating Points b2b Daphni, Elkka and Shy FX (clash dependant). Obviously not as strong as last year, but still think they're done a pretty good job!

He does a lot with Circo Loco, Martinez Brothers etc, tech-house/house pretty much.

Thanks. From those clips surprisingly decent tech house if I'm at a lose end as I've had some mad nights at DC10 Circo Loco a long way back. 

7 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Guess the World Cup didn't do much to dent their relationship with the festival.

Do we know if its going to be the full spider or the mini version?

You would have thought the'd have brought up the use of the Glastonbury trademark during promotion when they had the briefing this year, but hey ho theyre not going to risk an empty space for that I reckon.

8 minutes ago, rgalbraith said:

Thanks. From those clips surprisingly decent tech house if I'm at a lose end as I've had some mad nights at DC10 Circo Loco a long way back. 

Yeah, I really quite like him as a DJ; especially what he is doing at the moment. I believe he used to DJ before he even started his rapping career, so it's nice to see him properly back on the scene again. 

44 minutes ago, Twiggy553 said:

I’ll be there too if the timing fits with other plans. I saw her at Printworks and she was good but it was too quiet where my mates wanted to dance

Unfortunately, that may be your problem again with the spider.

27 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

That would point most definitely towards Block9, rather than Glade, I'd say. FUSE run line of the areas at Junction 2, so that would make Block9 most likely.

OMG, if it is...

Ben

Villalobos in Block 9...?

Here's the likes of who to expect...

Screenshot_20230515-190529.png

Edited by Supernintendo Chalmers

33 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

That would point most definitely towards Block9, rather than Glade, I'd say. FUSE run line of the areas at Junction 2, so that would make Block9 most likely.

OMG, if it is...

Ben

Block9 you reckon? thinking more stonebridge takeover - but then size does seem weird. Names like Enzo Siragusa, Chris Stussy etc seem a bit far from block9's general bookings to me