woodsies

Crazyfool01

2 hours ago, bennyhana22 said:

Hmmm. They wouldn't typically reach the properly loud post-rock of Mogwai, I don't think. Yes, there are elements of Sigur Ros in there, especially Valtari-era, I guess. But I still feel that Low are the closest touchpoint for me (and that can only be an endorsement!), but with more of an ambient, looping feel to the tracks, rather than the slightly more conventional verse-chorus structure that Low will use, albeit in very much a slowcore model*.

Ben

*just read all that back and it sounds horrendously beard-stroking muso. Sorry!

Never change

3 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Just realised they've planted over 1k trees in the area alone. That's quite an enlargement 😯

Screenshot_20230513_132732.jpg

Not really it seems to have the same footprint when I visited  … they are just replacing the dead ash trees 

15 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Not really it seems to have the same footprint when I visited  … they are just replacing the dead ash trees 

3 minutes ago, Twiggy553 said:

You plant trees pretty close together initially and thin them out as they get bigger. Only needs 2 acres or less to plant 1000 new trees

Oh okay, well then, as you were Woodsies.

Sounded much more impressive in their blurb, haha.

22 hours ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

I was thinking this.  Not a headline level act IMO.  Other than Tilted (which was an OK song, stood on the shoulders of an ace video) I don't think I've heard much else of their output and not really liked any of it.

I think when Tilted first came out and they were on things like Jools, it all seemed original and good to watch on TV.  Then everything subsequently just seemed more of the same.  And without the interest of being able to see the dance moves (unless you're right at the front), it seems even less appealing really.

5 hours ago, Ryan1984 said:

I haven’t got a ticket this year but wonder how many people will be in the tent for Phoenix against Elton?

I love them and had a great time in there while Dave Grohl and the boys were on the Pyramid the other year but the crowd was sparse back then! I think Phoenix’s stock has slightly fallen as well.

I've been to a few headliners in the JP tent that were up against big names on the Pyramid, and it's great!   For me at least.  I'm sure the bands would have liked a few more people but they were always grateful to those that came to see them, and I loved being able to get to near the front AND nip off for a wee if I needed to!

Coming round to Courteeners in Woodsies. 3 times they've played their fans have been taken by whats going on just before or after them. 

2013 - crossed over with the start of arctic monkeys, JP to Pyramid but we left with 3 songs to go and had some real trouble getting in the field at that pinch point

2015- had to leave early to go to Libertines (not planned but happened) 

2019  sandwiched in between Liam Gallagher and The Killers on the Other. it was possible if you're fast like we were but not ideal

Just in the tent late afternoon is way better. If you like them the atmosphere should be good 

Edited by efcfanwirral

14 hours ago, bennyhana22 said:

Hmmm. They wouldn't typically reach the properly loud post-rock of Mogwai, I don't think. Yes, there are elements of Sigur Ros in there, especially Valtari-era, I guess. But I still feel that Low are the closest touchpoint for me (and that can only be an endorsement!), but with more of an ambient, looping feel to the tracks, rather than the slightly more conventional verse-chorus structure that Low will use, albeit in very much a slowcore model*.

Ben

*just read all that back and it sounds horrendously beard-stroking muso. Sorry!

11 hours ago, Quark said:

Never change

Never explain, never apologise. 

15 hours ago, wro_lap said:

Have we seen someone go from Other headliner to Other afternoon fodder before? Because that appears to be what we're seeing with Alt-J

I kind of feel they've fallen off dramatically to a point? Not exactly a hip man myself, but nobody seems particularly bothered about them anymore.