Buy One Get One Free Whitelisted Glastonbury Tickets

StoneCircle

https://glastonbury.seetickets.com/event/glastonbury-2023-buy-one-get-one-free/worthy-farm/2700000?fbclid=IwAR0_j0nsvAB1tutIH8ndxylRm8-HUIX7WMCW46uQcPlUh2dJA7emUd4rU0U

Why do they need to offer then on a buy one get one free basis? And yes, it' looks genuine to me? Can anybody shed any light on it? 

Strange it's on a different link to the usual ticket page:

Glastonbury Festival Tickets (seetickets.com)

GLASTONBURY-2023 Tickets and Dates 2023 (seetickets.com)

Seen on Facebook people are getting them.

Tickets via the ‘Buy One Get One Free’ offer must be purchased in pairs. Only registrations pre-approved for Buy One Get One Free can book under this offer. Buy One Get One Free applies to general admission tickets only. Tickets will be charged at £340 per pair (equivalent to £170 each) including VAT and booking fee. Additional items (car parking, campervans, delivery costs, etc.) will be charged at standard rate.

Suggests disabled with carers.

Edited by Padgey

They did this last year as well.

The fact it's whitelisted only suggests it's going to be very specific niche cases. For all we know, it could be as restricted as friends of Emilys children and their parents.

9 minutes ago, Twiggy553 said:

Is it for people requiring companions/assistants?

Doubtful, they apply via the Accessible team. There's a lot of criteria that needs to be checked to qualify. 

Edited by StoneCircle

10 minutes ago, Padgey said:

Strange it's on a different link to the usual ticket page:

Glastonbury Festival Tickets (seetickets.com)

GLASTONBURY-2023 Tickets and Dates 2023 (seetickets.com)

Seen on Facebook people are getting them.

Tickets via the ‘Buy One Get One Free’ offer must be purchased in pairs. Only registrations pre-approved for Buy One Get One Free can book under this offer. Buy One Get One Free applies to general admission tickets only. Tickets will be charged at £340 per pair (equivalent to £170 each) including VAT and booking fee. Additional items (car parking, campervans, delivery costs, etc.) will be charged at standard rate.

Suggests disabled with carers.

Can't see it being that, the Accessible team deal with PA tickets.

8 minutes ago, StoneCircle said:

Can't see it being that, the Accessible team deal with PA tickets.

Seen a few people post on Facebook saying they have them but it appears some are on some kind of list and others aren't.

32 minutes ago, incident said:

They did this last year as well.

The fact it's whitelisted only suggests it's going to be very specific niche cases. For all we know, it could be as restricted as friends of Emilys children and their parents.

I guess this puts to bed any possible secret sales from the new resale system though. They'll just be eaten up through this. 

3 minutes ago, Leyrulion said:

I guess this puts to bed any possible secret sales from the new resale system though. They'll just be eaten up through this. 

Yeah - I've always been of the view that any hope for the reintroduction of secret resales was a long shot at best. The number of people who go through all the hard work of getting through in the resale and then within 24 hours inexplicably deciding not to bother paying must be miniscule.

9 minutes ago, incident said:

Yeah - I've always been of the view that any hope for the reintroduction of secret resales was a long shot at best. The number of people who go through all the hard work of getting through in the resale and then within 24 hours inexplicably deciding not to bother paying must be miniscule.

I think there was view that there's an amount of transactions that, for one reason or another, may have trouble getting the payment to go through within the time frame. 

We knew some tickets always fell at the payment hurdle I old system, so there's been a hope they would simply appear later. 

As you say...two hopes... 

5 minutes ago, clarkete said:

I think there was view that there's an amount of transactions that, for one reason or another, may have trouble getting the payment to go through within the time frame. 

We knew some tickets always fell at the payment hurdle I old system, so there's been a hope they would simply appear later. 

As you say...two hopes... 

That would always have been a stretch, though. Failing to get a payment through in a 10 minute window when there's a million people trying to hit the site at once and causing it to break is quite different to failing in a 24 hour window when most of those million have nipped down the pub instead.

3 minutes ago, incident said:

That would always have been a stretch, though. Failing to get a payment through in a 10 minute window when there's a million people trying to hit the site at once and causing it to break is quite different to failing in a 24 hour window when most of those million have nipped down the pub instead.

Hey Efests is the patron saint of lost causes

58 minutes ago, balti-pie said:

It might be for FMS companions i suspect - one for the companion and the 'free' one for the volunteer

No, it's not FMS - the guest tickets were all allocated back in March.  And they don't have this buy one get one free thing... the volunteers have EPO's the same as Oxfam etc and the guests have normal tickets. 

• Upvote 1

As many of you will know My missus won two tickets with vodafone. They have been after more details today. I wonder if this has anything to do with it ?

EG Vodafone have reg numbers they can use to allocate the pairs with the winner being one and the other nominated person the get one free ?

Just a thought. 

54 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Nope, didn't work. Not surprised, but I quite enjoyed the thrill of it all for a few minutes 😄 Entered friend's details but all for nowt. 

image.png.5c86b24ee7ad23243e81f627784059df.png

That's been live for a few days now I think.  Always throwing up the unavailable message when you enter details though.