Any sign of Pulp yet?

angelin

I absolutely love Pulp, but have never seen them live.  Have tickets for Finsbury Park and Hammersmith, and can't wait!  Have to say though, I think I'd give a Woodsies or Park slot a miss... just think it'd be over-crowded and could be a miserable experience unless I'm prepared to wait all day for them, which I'm not sadly!  I went to see Jarvis in The Park last year, but left after one song as at 5ft4 I couldn't see anything!

If Pulp do play Woodsies or The Park it'll be amazing, a real Glastonbury "moment" but given I'm seeing them next month I'd probably give it a miss.  Anyone else feel the same?  (Will be there if they play Pyramid or Other though!)

Before everyone got obsessed with the name "churnups" which let's face it - is a link to Dairy farming more than anything else.

You would have guessed the Churnups were Pulp.

As it stands the Foo Fighters are still in America, yes there is still time for that to change but you think it has to happen in the next 48 hours or so.

Dave Grohl has a sense of humour of course he mentioned the Churnups in his letter, people are constantly tweating him about it. The man has a sense of humour. 

People seem completely confident that the festival would not deliberately misdirected on who the secret act. Because they haven't done so before is not a reason they wouldnt start now.   Why would they not? 

Still entirely possible that Pulp are the Churnups. In fact its probably still there most likely spot at the festival. 

1 hour ago, fullfathom5 said:

Could it be The park again and Pretenders aren't playing? Hmmm.

I can’t remember how solid the Pretenders info is. Looking again at the clashes though it would actually make some sense for the Park TBA to be Pulp as lots of people will be at Lizzo (and to a lesser extent Manics/Maneskin) which might avoid the rush to the Park that would happen at another time. Would love it to be Pulp but just not sure it will happen. 

2 minutes ago, AVALON.G said:

Before everyone got obsessed with the name "churnups" which let's face it - is a link to Dairy farming more than anything else.

As it stands the Foo Fighters are still in America, yes there is still time for that to change but you think it has to happen in the next 48 hours or so.

Dave Grohl has a sense of humour of course he mentioned the Churnups in his letter, people are constantly tweating him about it. The man has a sense of humour. 

People seem completely confident that the festival would not deliberately misdirected on who the secret act. Because they haven't done so before is not a reason they wouldnt start now.   Why would they not? 

Still entirely possible that Pulp are the Churnups. In fact its probably still there most likely spot at the festival. 

Haha! Sounds like you've been at your Glastonbury stash already!! ... all credit to you though, i'd be over the moon if this was correct!! Fingers crossed 😉

5 minutes ago, AVALON.G said:

Pulp are so niche compared to Foos though, would be a lot of disappointed people 

18 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

Pulp are so niche compared to Foos though, would be a lot of disappointed people 

Honestly people will moan whatever happens, lots of people already expect the festival to be curated to there exact tastes.  

I dont think anyone cares about some people being disappointed 

14 minutes ago, AVALON.G said:

Honestly people will moan whatever happens, lots of people already expect the festival to be curated to there exact tastes.  

I dont think anyone cares about some people being disappointed 

I meant more if they threw everyone off the scent with a band much more popular, then Pulp came out. As long as it was announced it'd be fine, but now everyone is expecting foos it'd be pretty mad if it ended up being someone else 

Edited by efcfanwirral

Just now, efcfanwirral said:

I meant more if they threw everyone off the scent with a band much more popular, then Pulp came out 

I mean I'm not sure it was the festival themselves that did that.....

Everyone dived in to find a link to there favourite band to the name churnups.....

Nothing makes more sense for that name than the dairy farm connection but everyone was missing that