Avalon 2023

stuie

19 minutes ago, BluePaul said:

Vintage Trouble though! That will be grand.

Yep - great live act.  As are Lottery Winners.  Elvana are cracking fun too (seeing them tonight).  I'd also be intrigued by Jake Shears, Mica Paris and Far From Saints.  Pretty decent line up I reckon that.

9 minutes ago, goonerben said:

Agree - given the usual Avalon lineups, plus the need to avoid a Sugababes-type crowd this time (although I think people like Mel C might have the potential to draw a big crowd) - it's pretty much as expected.

For comparison, last year's lineup on that stage:

image.png.7a4321229de6fcf98a84a6409f347d93.png

Webster at 3.40 Friday

Shears at 8pm Saturday

6 minutes ago, Punisher said:

The fact Sugababes and McFly weren’t headlining is wild to me lol

They probably wouldn't have drawn in the same crowds if they'd headlined. I saw Scouting For Girls (I think it was in Avalon) a few years back at the same time Ed Sheeran was headlining the Pyramid and it was dead.

In contrast I saw Scouting For Girls again last year on the Acoustic Stage in the middle of the day and it was PACKED.

It's a pretty standard Avalon line up.  Hardly surprising that they're being a bit cautious following the Sugababes.  

While there's no "must sees" on there for me, Avalon is always a lovely place to chill out for a little bit so will no doubt be there at some point, even if it's to see Beans on Toast for the 4th time that weekend.

• Like 1

Just now, efcfanwirral said:

Mel C and Jake Shears have to be headlining surely? was hoping Mel C would be on a bigger stage but I doubt I'll bother trying to squeeze into the Avalon field for her.  

Will try to catch Gabrielle Aplin and Far From Saints (Kelly Jones' side project)

Shears isn’t 3rd down Saturday