Those We Lost Along The Way

CaledonianGonzo

Yeah but if Lizzo was a proper top liner there'd be no apologies and chat about the lack of top line diversity.

And maybe GnR would have done the Legend slot. *ducks, runs *

Edit: I feel obliged to make it clear that I'll be at GnR unless Pulp turn up and clash.

Edited by scaryclaireyfairy

15 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

Hahahaha. So the story Roughbloke said. That you said was made up. Emily is making up the same one. A headliner from 2020 rollover can't make it this year due to their US tour.

You're insufferable.

its the wold's worst excuse for a bad booking.

i'll just point out that i got lizzo and capaldi right.

9 minutes ago, kalifire said:

Why is 'we had Taylor but she couldn't do it because her tour changed' the "world's worst excuse"?

Can't it just be, you know, what actually happened? Where's the evidence she's making it up?

Give over and enjoy poster day.

Lets not have a dumpster fire thread for one day a year.

15 minutes ago, Neil said:

its the wold's worst excuse for a bad booking.

i'll just point out that i got lizzo and capaldi right.

That's not the point. You ridiculed Roughbloke initially for saying GNR.

When you found out GNR were actually playing, you ridiculed his reason for saying they were playing.

When Emily confirmed his reason, you say Emily is making it up.

Apologise to Roughbloke, or at the very least admit you were wrong.

That's all you need to do to draw a line under this whole sorry saga

1 minute ago, mazola said:

You ridiculed Roughbloke initially for saying GNR.

for the ridiculous story he gave with it*, which the guardian has repeated, looks like emily doesn't want to own that dreadful booking.

(* female headliner pulls out, and first thought is to book some aging irrelevant rockers.)

I'm hopeful that they are not definitely lost. Still clinging onto the Rosalia dream although it must be said every single person who has done a stage prediction has clashed her with another person that I really want to see so maybe she's just helping me avoid a horrible clash. 

3 minutes ago, mazola said:

Apologise to Roughbloke, or at the very least admit you were wrong.

That's all you need to do to draw a line under this whole sorry saga

sorry rough bloke, needs to be believable to be believed.

28 minutes ago, scaryclaireyfairy said:

I refuse to believe Pulp won't be there until I get there and they don't turn up.

I feel for Emily. She blinked at GnR and Lizzo was round the corner. I hope this means Lizzo gets an extended set.

Doubt Emily will be too upset. She could have punted on Lizzo and got flak for it (I suggested she was a possibility a while back but as others pointed out in reply she isn’t really big enough yet) as a small headliner. Whereas now she’s got a huge stadium act she’s been after for a while *and* Lizzo.

That’s a big win, even if she is spinning some ‘joint headliner’ stuff to appease those who misrepresent what she said in the past about Female headliners

• Upvote 2

Just now, MEGABOWL said:

Doubt Emily will be too upset. She could have punted on Lizzo and got flak for it (I suggested she was a possibility a while back but as others pointed out in reply she isn’t really big enough yet) as a small headliner. Whereas now she’s got a huge stadium act she’s been after for a while *and* Lizzo.

That’s a big win, even if she is spinning some ‘joint headliner’ stuff to appease those who misrepresent what she said in the past about Female headliners

Exactamundo Fonzie

Just now, ls2408 said:

Do we know why Taylor changed her touring plans? I remember Matt42 saying she was slated for playing Murrayfield around the same time as Beyoncé and Harry Styles

Guessing Live Nation US flew a private jet full of money to her house

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, scaryclaireyfairy said:

I refuse to believe Pulp won't be there until I get there and they don't turn up.

I feel for Emily. She blinked at GnR and Lizzo was round the corner. I hope this means Lizzo gets an extended set.

If Lizzo headlined then would you put LDR against her on Other? This way we get to see Lizzo and then dash to Other for LDR. Perfect.

1 minute ago, ls2408 said:

Do we know why Taylor changed her touring plans? I remember Matt42 saying she was slated for playing Murrayfield around the same time as Beyoncé and Harry Styles

Her current US tour feels like the A plan. I don't see how she was doing that and also in Euruope this summer.

1 hour ago, Neil said:

for the ridiculous story he gave with it*, which the guardian has repeated, looks like emily doesn't want to own that dreadful booking.

(* female headliner pulls out, and first thought is to book some aging irrelevant rockers.)

It wasn't their first thought. Their first thought, as always, is what's available at that time? Then they go through the options and decide what's the best.

Time and time again I ask people who else would they have booked instead that's available but I never get an answer. You think they didn't ask Madonna? You think they didn't ask Taylor to reconsider and try to work it out? 

There is on way Emily would have thought "let's book GnR now" without considering all the options available. 

Edited by danbailey80

3 minutes ago, danbailey80 said:

way Emily would have thought "let's book GnR now" without considering all the options available. 

there were better options available, even noel gallagher'sHFB'S would have been a better booking

3 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

No Siouxsie....

I was/am convinced she will play, she has just announced some dates recently so maybe she asked to be held back so as not to affect ticket sales for her own shows.  I am sure she is playing in Greece the same weekend which could impact on her playing