Areas that would benefit from a "revamp"

Skip997

I almost think it would benefit from becoming a Silver Hayes east/west split like the block 9 split. 

You could pull San Remo and the sonic stage into one side, put lonely hearts club and wow into the other side. 

Split the pathways up and a lot of that middle section you walk through now would become backstage with a stage facing each area.

I've had a long train journey so sketched it out roughly, something like this. Excuse the atrocious paint shop attempt. 🤣

sketch-1675723898408.jpg

Edited by Leyrulion

12 minutes ago, Justcalledtosay said:

I’m surprised no one’s mentioned the Other stage. It serves its purpose, it’s just a bit… meh

With the improvements they made for the sound there, I wouldn't touch it. Maybe not the one with the most atmosphere but the music speaks for itself!

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, moogster said:

With the improvements they made for the sound there, I wouldn't touch it. Maybe not the one with the most atmosphere but the music speaks for itself!

Agreed. I am not a typical Other punter, but it's a great stage now, sound is good, and it caters to a very significant section of the festival crowd. 

Leave well alone!

Ben

4 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Agreed. I am not a typical Other punter, but it's a great stage now, sound is good, and it caters to a very significant section of the festival crowd. 

Leave well alone!

Ben

I can't think of much they could do to the area.  Due to the location it needs to be as open as possible so aside from upgrading the screens at the side of the stage, there isn't too much they could do now that the sound issues have been improved.

1 hour ago, BambooShanks said:

I can't think of much they could do to the area.  Due to the location it needs to be as open as possible so aside from upgrading the screens at the side of the stage, there isn't too much they could do now that the sound issues have been improved.

Its hardly in dire need vs some of the areas being repeated on here anyway

Other suffers from the same issue as SH, the flatness and lack of horizon which can make it seem a bit bleak. But unlike what you could do with SH (but would be unlikely due to budget constraints) you can’t do much about that with the Other. What with the stage being a bespoke job for Glastonbury and the sound improvements, it’s difficult to see much changing and they’ve probably made the best of it they can.

Edited by Jose Pose

4 minutes ago, Jose Pose said:

Other suffers from the same issue as SH, the flatness and lack of horizon which can make it seem a bit bleak. But unlike what you could do with SH (but would be unlikely due to budget constraints) you can’t do much about that with the Other. What with the stage being a bespoke job for Glastonbury and the sound improvements, it’s difficult to see much changing and they’ve probably made the best of it they can.

Spot on with this post 

4 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

We could do with a dedicated Reggae venue, to replace the sadly missed Gully/The Blues

The Gully/The Blues was the only SH stage I used to go to. The stage has some character to it. Tried Lonely Hearts Club last year and that’s ok. Reggae sadly under-represented throughout the festival. One or two at WH and The Glade and not much more.

1 minute ago, Avalon_Fields said:

The Gully/The Blues was the only SH stage I used to go to.

Same here

2 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

Reggae sadly under-represented throughout the festival.

Always has been. There was a Reggae venue in Shangri-La a few years back, but if I remember it was only there for one festival.

Just now, CaledonianGonzo said:

The Greenhouse. Sadly a one and done.

I miss the Gully, but the pragmatist in me understands why it got the axe.  The only time I ever saw it remotely busy was for Dawn Penn (and apparently for Shaggy  which I wasnt at).

True.

The Gully was often half empty, but the Blues on the other hand was often busy and by far the better of the two, re atmosphere, design and acts.

3 hours ago, Olshansky said:

I think they should re-name it. Call it the Eavis stage or something. "Other" stage just always stuck in my craw. 

That's so funny, how differently people can see things! I LOVE that it's called the Other stage. It's so beautifully understated. I would never want that to change!

Ben

• Like 2

2 hours ago, bennyhana22 said:

That's so funny, how differently people can see things! I LOVE that it's called the Other stage. It's so beautifully understated. I would never want that to change!

Ben

I can picture the blue sky meeting now. "Right team, the Pyramid name is easy, the Glade names itself, what shall we call the other stage?" shook-muppet.gif.5d0ab1d39b4674ecf166450df9db511e.gif