2023 Day Split Thread

Guy Incognito

On 3/2/2023 at 7:11 PM, SweepingTheNation said:

As one has been done for Green Man, and there's been a couple of self-confirmations down the list, I've had another go at a speculative Clashfinder: https://clashfinder.com/s/eotr2023/

I love your work.

Marina Allen sings on the lovely Sylvie album, as does Sam Burton.  So I don’t think Marina would be Friday & Sylvie Sunday?

On 3/27/2023 at 9:40 AM, Hurray4theWhiffWhaff said:

Marina Allen sings on the lovely Sylvie album, as does Sam Burton.  So I don’t think Marina would be Friday & Sylvie Sunday?

Well spotted, have changed.

There's actually six spaces left to equal last year's number, and it might be less than that if Angel gets a staggered stage time with the Woods headliner, so I suspect that unless there's a big name lost or large number of withdrawals we might not get any more names until the day splits are published, which last year were in mid-July and included the revelation of the Boat stage (though they were usually in June before that)

• Upvote 1

On 3/31/2023 at 4:30 PM, SweepingTheNation said:

Deerhoof on Thursday! There are connections with Wilco, actually - Jeff sang on a 7" in 2011 and Nels Cline and Greg Saunier were in Big Walnuts Yonder together.

It's possible, but quite a few acts seem to list the Thurs as a default until timings are confirmed. I notice Ezra Furman is doing the same. Deerhoof would feel a reasonably big band to me to be playing that slot, based on previous Thurs form.

• 3 weeks later...

Thursday: Wilco, Deerhoof, MadMadMad (possibly HMLTD)

Friday: Unknown Mortal Orchestra, Panda Bear & Sonic Boom, Daniel Norgren, Ela Minus, Gretel Hanlyn, Heartworms, Horse Lords, Deliluh

Saturday: Future Islands, Charlotte Adigery & Bolis Pupul, Samia, Marie Davidson, Cinder Well, Macie Stewart, CVC

Sunday: King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard, Allah-Las, Biig Piig, The Murlocs, Charley Crockett, Divide & Dissolve, Indigo Sparke, Geese, TEKE::TEKE, Kara Jackson

17 minutes ago, Guy Incognito said:

Friday: Unknown Mortal Orchestra, Panda Bear & Sonic Boom, Daniel Norgren, Ela Minus, Gretel Hanlyn, Heartworms, Horse Lords, Deliluh

Saturday: Future Islands, Charlotte Adigery & Bolis Pupul, Samia, Marie Davidson, Cinder Well, Macie Stewart, CVC

Sunday: King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard, Allah-Las, Biig Piig, The Murlocs, Charley Crockett, Divide & Dissolve, Indigo Sparke, Geese, TEKE::TEKE, Kara Jackson

Panda Bear/ Sonic Boom 

I would be shocked if they were on the woods stage. Much more suited to Big top or garden stage 

1 hour ago, Yoss said:

Full details to be confirmed yet, but it appears likely that many of those playing Manchester Psych Fest on the Saturday will also be playing the newly announced (and organisationally related) Edinburgh Psych Fest on the Sunday.

https://list.co.uk/news/43341/edinburgh-psych-fest-to-launch-at-summerhall-this-september

I hope EOTR knew about this long ago, given they share twelve acts with Manchester. (Of course it could also explain why some aren't playing both)

On 4/19/2023 at 4:58 PM, SweepingTheNation said:

I've got them headlining Big Top as that's where the visuals would work best and I doubt they'd be headlining Garden.

I could see them doing the early evening sunshine good vibes woods slot a la Kurt Vile last year 

10 minutes ago, Kempleton said:

Sorry if I’ve missed something, but why are we thinking Angel Olsen is playing on the Friday? Is there any concrete info?

No, but she's playing Leeds and Birmingham on the 29th and 30th August so it makes sense that she'd be playing earlier in the weekend rather than later and I'm using my suspicions that she and UMO have swapped round (or they were subbing her)

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, SweepingTheNation said:

Ezra confirmed for Sunday.

Closing the Garden? Really hope so. That should be ace, although the last album was slightly too intense for my taste, reminded me of Dylan's hellfire & brimstone period.

On 4/20/2023 at 11:04 AM, Yoss said:

Full details to be confirmed yet, but it appears likely that many of those playing Manchester Psych Fest on the Saturday will also be playing the newly announced (and organisationally related) Edinburgh Psych Fest on the Sunday.

https://list.co.uk/news/43341/edinburgh-psych-fest-to-launch-at-summerhall-this-september

Line-up was announced this morning and only Heartworms (who had already confirmed for Friday) and Ulrika Spacek are playing both Edinburgh and EOTR.

• 2 weeks later...

Updated:

Friday: Unknown Mortal Orchestra, Panda Bear & Sonic Boom, Daniel Norgren, Ela Minus, Gretel Hanlyn, Heartworms, Horse Lords, Deliluh, Angeline Morrison

Saturday: Future Islands, Arooj Aftab, Charlotte Adigery & Bolis Pupul, Samia, Marie Davidson, Cinder Well, Macie Stewart, CVC, Moin, caroline, Joan Shelley, Runnner

Sunday: King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard, Ezra Furman, Allah-Las, Biig Piig, The Murlocs, Charley Crockett, Divide & Dissolve, Indigo Sparke, Geese, TEKE::TEKE, Kara Jackson, The Murder Capital, Alogte Oho and his Sounds of Joy, System Exclusive, Héloïse Werner & Colin Alexander

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Guy Incognito said:

Updated:

Friday: Unknown Mortal Orchestra, Panda Bear & Sonic Boom, Daniel Norgren, Ela Minus, Gretel Hanlyn, Heartworms, Horse Lords, Deliluh, Angeline Morrison

Saturday: Future Islands, Arooj Aftab, Charlotte Adigery & Bolis Pupul, Samia, Marie Davidson, Cinder Well, Macie Stewart, CVC, Moin, caroline, Joan Shelley, Runnner

Sunday: King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard, Ezra Furman, Allah-Las, Biig Piig, The Murlocs, Charley Crockett, Divide & Dissolve, Indigo Sparke, Geese, TEKE::TEKE, Kara Jackson, The Murder Capital, Alogte Oho and his Sounds of Joy, System Exclusive, Héloïse Werner & Colin Alexander

Panda Bear/Sonic Boom Big Top or hopefully Garden Stage 

Arooj Aftab Garden Stage will be magical 

Edited by wolfamongwolves

• 3 weeks later...

I've done what will probably be the last Clashfinder update (unless something major happens) before the day splits are announced, which were July 20th last year but June 14th in 2019 so I'd imagine will be somewhere between those. Remember this is part speculative but fully based on day self-confirmations and gigs elsewhere.

Edited by SweepingTheNation
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2