2023 Day Split Thread

Guy Incognito

On 5/29/2023 at 7:35 PM, SweepingTheNation said:

I've done what will probably be the last Clashfinder update (unless something major happens) before the day splits are announced, which were July 20th last year but June 14th in 2019 so I'd imagine will be somewhere between those. Remember this is part speculative but fully based on day self-confirmations and gigs elsewhere.

Saturday afternoon in the Big Top looks immense on that.

Would you not expect Caroline to be on the Garden Stage? Would seem perfect for them rather than the Big Top.

Much as I'm not particularly enthralled by the line up this year (I know, EoTR always throws up unknown gems), I'm pleased that KGLW are Sunday headliner, simply on the basis that I've got an 8yo kid and a wife who works in a school, both need to be there 0830hrs on the Monday, so we really need to leave early-ish on Sunday evening. Right after Caitlin Rose suits me absolutely fine. 

57 minutes ago, Hurray4theWhiffWhaff said:

Any predictions for the piano stage?

I reckon:

Friday cass mccoombs, Charlotte cornfield, Nina Nastasia

Saturday Runnner, the Anchoress, Sylvie

Sunday Caitlin Rose, Charley Crockett, Joan Shelley

Jeff Tweedy if he hangs around?

Wilco have a gig on Saturday night in Edinburgh which makes it unlikely but Nina Nastasia is supporting them on a few dates in the US so maybe they'll hang around to see her on Friday. 

#longshot

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Jeff Tweedy if he hangs around?

Wilco have a gig on Saturday night in Edinburgh which makes it unlikely but Nina Nastasia is supporting them on a few dates in the US so maybe they'll hang around to see her on Friday. 

#longshot

That would be awesome. We only discovered the piano stage on the Sunday last year (our first EOTR).  Cassandra Jenkins & Lucy Dacus were just magical, my highlights of the festival

Based off the clashfinder this would be my weekend.

Thursday: Deerhoof > Heartworms > Wilco

Friday: Deliluh/Ursa Major > Blue Bendy > Horse Lords > Daniel Norgren > Oren Ambarchi> Ulrika Spacek > Yeule > Angel Olsen > Panda Bear and Sonic Boom > Yune Pinku

Saturday: Mabe Fratti > They Hate Change > Big Brave > Avalanche Kaito > Moin > Caroline > 75 Dollar Bill >  ???/Crack Coud/Charlotte and Bolis/Dungen > Arooj Aftab > Overmono 

Sunday: Enys Men with live score > Teke:Teke > Julia Reidy > Algote Ogo > Kara Jackson/Lee Fields > Bar Italia > MC Yallah and Debmaster > King Gizzard > Infinity Knives

Looks absolutely brilliant on paper. 

2 hours ago, Guy Incognito said:

Based off the clashfinder this would be my weekend.

Thursday: Deerhoof > Heartworms > Wilco

Friday: Deliluh/Ursa Major > Blue Bendy > Horse Lords > Daniel Norgren > Oren Ambarchi> Ulrika Spacek > Yeule > Angel Olsen > Panda Bear and Sonic Boom > Yune Pinku

Saturday: Mabe Fratti > They Hate Change > Big Brave > Avalanche Kaito > Moin > Caroline > 75 Dollar Bill >  ???/Crack Coud/Charlotte and Bolis/Dungen > Arooj Aftab > Overmono 

Sunday: Enys Men with live score > Teke:Teke > Julia Reidy > Algote Ogo > Kara Jackson/Lee Fields > Bar Italia > MC Yallah and Debmaster > King Gizzard > Infinity Knives

Looks absolutely brilliant on paper. 

Lots of overlap with mine, and yeah it does look absolutely amazing when written out like this. That Dungen vs. Charlotte Adigéry partial clash is really annoying though... hoping the final stage times look a little different to the clashfinder.

Thursday: Beige Banquet > Deerhoof > Heartworms > HMLTD

Friday: Friendship > Blue Bendy > Say She She > Horse Lords > Daniel Norgren > Kokoko! > Sessa > Yeule > Angel Olsen > Panda Bear and Sonic Boom > Yune Pinku

Saturday: Mabe Fratti > They Hate Change > Donna Thompson > Avalanche Kaito > Tapir! > Caroline > Kokoroko > 75 Dollar Bill > Dungen > last bit of Charlotte Adigéry & Bolis Pupul > Arooj Aftab

Sunday: Enys Men with live score > MADMADMAD > TEKE::TEKE > Charley Crockett > Alogte Oho > Lee Fields > Caitlin Rose > first bit of Fatoumata Diawara > Allah-Las > Yot Club > King Gizzard > Infinity Knives