2023 Day Split Thread

Guy Incognito

8 minutes ago, Guy Incognito said:

Angel Olsen and Ezra Furman for Garden headliners imo. Reckon there's one more yet to be announced. 

So Woods subs would be Greentea Peng and...? Arooj Aftab was third from top of the third stage at Green Man last year, surely she's not been elevated that much since then. The problem for me with the first announcement isn't the depth or to some extent even the headliners but the strata in between.

Edited by SweepingTheNation

Really surprised that Wilco are Thursday, King Gizzard are much more a 'Thursday' band

Looking forward to late night Overmono in the big top.

I reckon there's maybe 2-3 more second/third line bands to be announced. Was really hoping that Bob Vylan and Working Men's Club might be on the lineup as I think they'd both go down well so fingers crossed for at least one of those...

5 hours ago, SweepingTheNation said:

So Woods subs would be Greentea Peng and...? Arooj Aftab was third from top of the third stage at Green Man last year, surely she's not been elevated that much since then. The problem for me with the first announcement isn't the depth or to some extent even the headliners but the strata in between.

Arooj Aftab will surely be on the Garden stage.

It would be criminal to put such beauty on the woods stage 

7 minutes ago, wolfamongwolves said:

Arooj Aftab will surely be on the Garden stage.

It would be criminal to put such beauty on the woods stage 

Could be but I dont reckon she'll be a Garden headliner so reckon she may be a Woods sub.

Edit:  I dont think all 3 of Angel Olsen, Arooj Aftab and Ezra will be Garden headliners.  

Edited by Guy Incognito

5 minutes ago, Guy Incognito said:

Could be but I dont reckon she'll be a Garden headliner so reckon she may be a Woods sub.

Edit:  I dont think all 3 of Angel Olsen, Arooj Aftab and Ezra will be Garden headliners.  

I think you are right maybe not garden stage headliner. 

But it would be such a shame to be on the woods stage. I think she'll be on the Garden stage 

Just been playing around with the Clashfinder editor and I reckon it could look something like this. Please don't start worrying about clashes, we know literally one confirmed day right now (and it'd just confuse people if I properly updated the page), I just wanted to see how the artist stylistic split looks and who might go where based on their order in the press release list.

thu.JPG

Friday

fri.JPG

Saturday (In reality I think Olsen is more likely to be a Woods sub but Peng makes most sense here)

sat.JPG

Sunday

sun.JPG

Edited by SweepingTheNation
  • Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, SweepingTheNation said:

Just been playing around with the Clashfinder editor and I reckon it could look something like this. Please don't start worrying about clashes, we know literally one confirmed day right now (and it'd just confuse people if I properly updated the page), I just wanted to see how the artist stylistic split looks and who might go where based on their order in the press release list.

thu.JPG

Friday

fri.JPG

Saturday (In reality I think Olsen is more likely to be a Woods sub but Peng makes most sense here)

sat.JPG

Sunday

sun.JPG

Divide And Dissolve/ boat 😮

1 hour ago, SweepingTheNation said:

thu.JPG

Friday

fri.JPG

sat.JPG

Sunday

sun.JPG

Line-up so much better when you put it like that.  Friday afternoon in the garden looks blissful.

15 hours ago, SweepingTheNation said:

thu.JPG

Friday

fri.JPG

sat.JPG

Sunday

sun.JPG

Hope your Mabe Fratti guess is close to the money...was listening this morning and sort of thing I could get well into in the garden but probably wouldn't bother with in the big top which I'm rarely a fan of.

29 minutes ago, domjon said:

Yeah would be insanely crowded for Angel in that case surely. Opposite King Giz make most sense in crowd spreading terms I guess

The festival is not going to think in "crowd spreading terms", not least because it's a stupid signal to give someone you've given the privilege of headlining to as if you don't trust them, and the last time this idea that a Garden headliner should be some kind of distraction from the Woods headliner came up on this forum it was when Jarvis was up against Michael Kiwanuka, who it turned out in practice was so popular his set won fan-voted festival awards. If anything they're going to think in "which day is Angel available for?" terms as presumably she's going to announce other dates around that week - and despite what I listed I do think she's more likely to sub Woods because fellow headliner-turned-third-line act Perfume Genius did.

Sorry to be a pedant, but Jarvis was actually up against Metronomy. I know this because I saw both Jarvis and Michael.

I think using this forum as a barometer of how popular Future Islands will be is also a bit iffy. They will draw a decent crowd, even if us musos are less enthused about their booking (I do actually really like them and will watch if there is no-one else I want to see clashing)